• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash and Coffee 2: The Return of Smash and Coffee - Winona Lake, IN - Aug. 1+2

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
There is another way that's easier. If you're driving west on 30, before you reach 250 east, a little before 250 is a detour sign. Take a left onto that road, then take a right after you pass the train tracks and reach the stop sign. Just keep going straight from there. Eventually you will pass the road construction, and then you are on Wooster road, and just keep driving for about a minute and New Horizon will be on your left.

If you're heading east on 30 though, Dastrns way is easier.

this way works if you know what you are looking for. A lot of people have no idea exactly at what point they should start looking for the detour, so I take them the longish way.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm bringing a car full of 5 including myself vidjo 1der 4% and my brother on saturday morning so everyone should come for singles and it'll be good ****, hopefully a 30+ turnout if blood hawk gets his car to head down for saturday.
I think bloodhawk is coming friday.

rofl, this'll be bigger than MSOP =P

cleveland michigan cincy illinois indiana, looks like this is going to have the majority of the best players of the midwest as far as the east side goes.
yeah probably lots bigger than MSOP. My last one had like 44 people total.

ya, west isnt offering much <_<....but its looking to be an awesomely big turnout =).

If everyone shows up that says they are gonna, this will be the biggest MW tourney since like FC:D I think.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'll be doing lots of MMs for sure. Friday would be the best day for those, if not early Saturday.

EVERYONE! Bring $1 and $5 for money matches! You will be sharing this building with the best smashers in the midwest for two days and money is the quickest way to get our attention!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Quick question: will the people who stay over be able to take a shower in the morning?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
They were working on having a shower ready, but I don't think it will be setup in time. I wouldn't count on it.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
If you can bring a TV, yes.

I have bad news today, for some reason my entire crew has lost interest to go to this thing... and I have to deconfirm all of them. :(.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Jekyll never could come anyway, as he got ****ed over by his work situation or something. Saddening :(.

I dunno if I want to make a 3 hour trip all by myself.... does anyone really want me to be there? :(.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
i want you there!

you should slap the rest of those guys and get them to come! it's not too late! This is gearing up to be the best brawl event we've had yet, and it'd be dumb for them all to miss it.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Everyone who can come, should definitely go.

MI is leaving soon and I'm only bringing what people expressed interest in buying:

Dr. X- LAN Adapter
Marco- Classic Controller

I will see ya'll in a couple hours!

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Rook - when confronted with an opportunity to make 300 dollars or go to the tournament, he chose the job opportunity. can't really blame him for RL getting in the way, but still kinda sucks.

Sofa - doesn't want to go without his team partner Rook.

jo brown - mysteriously fails to express his reasons for not going to MSOP as he also decides he can't go tonight but would go in the morning, which i will not do.

jekyll - ****ed over with his job situation and has appointments/obligations that cause him to be forcibly linked to bloomington this weekend.

brent (a crew member you guys haven't heard of) - is a poor ***** and can't afford the overnight venue fee. also apparently had to work today anyway.

so yeah... no-one can come but me -_-. i have a feeling this is gonna suck......

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kyari: he posted his phone number a couple pages back. It's 574.253.3813

So, this is going to be one of the biggest in the midwest? And it's 1 minute from my house? O_o I'm excited! Can't wait to see how I compare to some of the best players : )

By the way: the acronyms "FC:D, MM, and OS" what do they mean? I've been assuming MM stood for Mirror Match, but I have no idea.

edit: zomg Vayseth beat me

I'll make excuses ahead of time: I've been up since 4 today because I work at 5 ^_^
I'll also have you know that it was freaking hot working in a factory for 9 hours.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
good stuff in doubles ya'll.

1st Tink+Bloodhawk
2nd Kel+Sliq
3rd OS+Dr.X
4th Anther+Lain

Singles tomorrow!

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
O craps, I forgot this was going on. No wonder BH isn't on AIM... but way to go in doubles, as well as everyone else there. If I didn't have this wedding today, I would've been there. O well...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Good games everyone...I hope my Kirby was at least somewhat memorable for most of you.

Congratulations Anther : )

With that said....I don't want to play on Smashville for a while, and I am all smashed out at the moment X_X

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
lol ashdioh. yeah most of my matches ended up on smashville.. i don't think i had one tournament match that was on FD actually... probably the first time that that happened.

anyways i can't wait to see some of the matches from this again. It was fun playing OS even though i barely lost to him, darn time limit. Though it was him that helped me be able to fight R.O.B. better... lol our R.O.B. ditto match had like 4 spikes between each of us, it was great.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Overswarm, lol... do not put those money matches up. I will like pay you 10 more bucks at Ann Arbor not to put them up, my link was so bad friday night lmao

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Singles went really smoothly.

1st Anther
2nd KirkQ
3rd Bloodhawk
4th Overswarm

I'll post a full results thread.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
i totally left my pump there for my air mattress someone should get that for me.
yeah we found it when we were cleaning up. Vayseth grabbed it since he's going to see you again before my next tourney. You'll have to go to rofa's event to pick it up, I guess.

Vayseth

Smash Master
You'd better come!!

Shout outs:

Big C is the best
Tink reminds me of Dope, is the best
Blood Hawk lost to Anther so Anther could pay me back, is the best
DastrnMarco is the best tournament host ever, and I will be back

I had fun meeting and playing everyone there. I hope to see all of you and more at the circuit event!

Top Bottom