• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 / Mario Kart 64 Tournament - 3/8/2013 - Red Bank, NJ

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
I bet chain ace tried fox vs pika on dreamland didn't he ;)
Yeah and he actually did extremely well! :p

Ah I'm so excited/nervous for videos. I can assure you all that your experience watching grand finals will go something like this:

Face Palm
"Kero why the **** would you try that"
SMH
Kero.. Wut r u doin.. Kero.. Stahp

I'll post shout outs soon. In the mean time, check out this tiger.

lol this guy

LLDL

Smash Hero
Should have taken you back to Dreamland. Also I don't see that match at first glance in my videos. We did play on the recording setup right?

Anyway, videos should all be up by Wednesday

Battlecow

Play to Win
Kero's got videos up

AND THERE GOES THE SOURCE OF HIS POWER

MW needs to step it up and get some tourneys together.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
why so serious everyone

will and i are the only ones smiling

be HAPPY AND GIDDY you're at the red bank rumble, not a red bank funeral

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Man megavolt really stole the spotlight there. Not that I expected anything else.

Stranded is closest to the camera and Maliki is in blue right? I get them mixed up because I met them like back to back and they were always together lol.

Who is the guy to megavolts right? Whose kneeling behind the couch? And whose the black guy that isn't chain ace?

Also, is this "Tony" that I keep seeing in tournaments that same friend of yours jimmyjoe?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
back row: sensei, commentator?, myself, cmu6eh/karajan/steven, megavolt, brownbeard (friend of weedwack/joe), chain ace, yobolight
middle guy: i have no ****ing clue
front row: maliki, kero, stranded, caeser, weedwack

joe usually wins best dressed

Olikus

Smash Champion
Holy ****! Just noticed all The arcades in The back. I would have so much fun there.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
usually it's stated at the beginning. i did some of valeom vs sensei, chain ace and sensei did karajan vs jimmyjoe, me and jimmyjoe did kero vs megavolt, some worker did stranded vs jimmyjoe and jimmyjoe vs megavolt, jimmyjoe and that same worker did kero vs sensei. when it goes up, the one to listen to is kero vs stranded. it's hilarious.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Man megavolt really stole the spotlight there. Not that I expected anything else.

Stranded is closest to the camera and Maliki is in blue right? I get them mixed up because I met them like back to back and they were always together lol.

Who is the guy to megavolts right? Whose kneeling behind the couch? And whose the black guy that isn't chain ace?

Also, is this "Tony" that I keep seeing in tournaments that same friend of yours jimmyjoe?
Good eye clubba, yeah its the same guy. Tony is a good buddy of mine that lives on Staten. He's into the idea of getting good at the game. I think he has potential

Jnatty

Smash Rookie
Soooooo sorry I couldn't make it to this. I was getting on a flight to France when the tourney was starting. Next time for sure, though.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
YOOOOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyg0qHz6YFA

I just want to say that this match has the greatest commentary in the history of all commentary. This man is gifted. He clearly has extremely minimal knowledge about the game and yet he got me so into this match like YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. God damn. If you listen hard enough you can kind of hear Cobr's informative commentary in there, but it doesn't even matter because the main dude just takes the commentary game by STORM. If you taught this guy smash terminology, he would EASILY be the best commentator the community has ever seen.

Chain-ace, you should have this guy commentate for every event hosted by Yestercades. Also, please let him know how grateful we are that he has blessed us with his gracious words.

I promise you guys that this post is not a joke. This man has moved my soul and i needed to let you all know.

Happy Saint Patrick's day!

lol what're you doing dog
you are not a leprechaun
you are a dog

Oh! And happy birthday Isai!

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Yo I am going to give the best ducking commentary in at the Mitt in 2 weeks. You dont even know. Its going to be like announcing a boxing match and a horse race at the same time wut

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i felt bad cuz he literally knew nothing besides the names of the characers and what a tech roll was.

also can i just say that steven's solo commentary had me rolling.

also #2: i expect ny crew at zenith june 1-2.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Whatever Kero, im actually offended

sensei and i had great commentary and you love this guy!?!?that guy was a nice dude, but his commentary was awful and uninformative. He didn't know the game and used the same clichés over and over "didn't see it coming,"
"A-town stomp," "hate to see it happen!"

Yobolight

Smash Lord
"Rookie mistake!" x 100000

LMAO

but seriously I think that random guy had horrible commentary.

On the other hand Jimmy Joe + Sensei's Commentary was easily at least B+ tier.

Olikus

Smash Champion
What we should strive for is one informative and one hype guy. Battlecow, nintendude was really good that way. Only problem was battlecow didnt find any hype for kikoushi. So if one of sensei and jimmy can grow some hype and not being as biased as battlecow, they can be a serious contender.

or maybe all 4 of you can commentate at once featuring bear on skype.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
I like it! I think weedwack and Megavolt did a nice job on commentary too. I honestly really enjoyed doing it. Looking forward to doing it again.
I think its good to be informative to help potential players understand what they're seeing. I also think it helps to have A "good player," and an "expert." The good player can see things potential players or intermediate players might ask and put it to the expert to have him explain it.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
The good player can see things potential players or intermediate players might ask and put it to the expert to have him explain it.
for evidence, see: anything i said involving set knockback/tent combos/sweetspotting with jimmyjoe correcting me.

banze

Smash Journeyman
Nice results!!

Congratz Sensei and the NY Crew/ twins !!
I watched some of the vids. Sensei and stranded are freaking fast! very skilled!
I remember playing seriouslys with the NY crew ! you guys are fun to play and watch!

Good s*** Jimmy!! good placing this tourn and awesome commentary !

B Link

Smash Lord
What we should strive for is one informative and one hype guy. Battlecow, nintendude was really good that way. Only problem was battlecow didnt find any hype for kikoushi. So if one of sensei and jimmy can grow some hype and not being as biased as battlecow, they can be a serious contender.

or maybe all 4 of you can commentate at once featuring bear on skype.
They were a really good combination. BTW battlecow actually said "c'mon kikoushi" like once in the GF set haha.

I actually prefer biased commentary if you're defending your home court! They were playing in America FFS! I'm very patriotic so I can sympathize with that kind of commentary. Let the Japanese do their own biased commentary if Americans go over there to play a tourney. I wouldn't mind.

Though, next big tourney let's try a SheermadnessxBattlecow duo commentary :troll:

Battlecow

Play to Win
I can be less biased I promise

I think that one thing I said about kikoushi not being on isai's level made people think I was being unreasonable

but really that was just facts, I'm not gonna LIE to the audience

but yeah I love isai too much

I'll tone it down! I promise!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Honestly the best part of the commentary was jimmyjoe's reasoning as to why he needed to take a call from his girlfriend.

"Because she's ****ing hot."

lol

Olikus

Smash Champion
They were a really good combination. BTW battlecow actually said "c'mon kikoushi" like once in the GF set haha.

I actually prefer biased commentary if you're defending your home court! They were playing in America FFS! I'm very patriotic so I can sympathize with that kind of commentary. Let the Japanese do their own biased commentary if Americans go over there to play a tourney. I wouldn't mind.

Though, next big tourney let's try a SheermadnessxBattlecow duo commentary :troll:
I can be less biased I promise

I think that one thing I said about kikoushi not being on isai's level made people think I was being unreasonable

but really that was just facts, I'm not gonna LIE to the audience

but yeah I love isai too much

I'll tone it down! I promise!
Im not totally against some biased commentary. Like battlecow screaming everytime isai didnt anything is just cool and creates hype. And I dont have any problem by you said that isai pikachu won vs kikoushi cus thats facts. What I would prefer would be more apreciation(cant spell) of kikoushi when he did something good. At least when you applauded when isai did good and when he did okay. Regardless of who deserved to win or whos the best and all that, kikoushi did allso do something really good stuff, and it would be cool if you could commentate some hype for that allso.

but just my opinion. You did good overall =)

Top Bottom