• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Index (READ HERE FIRST)

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
Someone mind adding me to the NA Skype group? Skype name is same as my name here. Thanks in advance.

Noikat

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm trying to get back into playing SSB64 Online. I'm from South America so Project64k is not an option anymore and I'm hoping P2P will work decently. Anyone mind adding me to the NA group? (I guess the NA group will be closer to me than the EU group). Skype name is noikat0401

Heemlo

Smash Rookie
When I download the pj64k zip file, chrome says it is malicious. Anybody else encountered this?

Heemlo

Smash Rookie
You can ignore it, but it gives a very forceful warning lol. I ignored it anyways though and I'll let you guys know if my computer blows up.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm wondering whether or not to remake Beta Stage 2 (Small) as a custom stage in Sm4sh. If it wasn't a bugged debug stage, would it be counterpick or banned?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
The left side blast zone is crazy close to the stage, if the blast zones were spaced and fixed it MAY have been a cp

tehz

Smash Apprentice
I'm wondering whether or not to remake Beta Stage 2 (Small) as a custom stage in Sm4sh. If it wasn't a bugged debug stage, would it be counterpick or banned?
Wait do you mean the smaller version of dreamland with grab-able platforms (Beta 1), or the jank testing-things stage (Beta 2). Beta 1 probably could be fixed up, but it's just a smaller dreamland with no wind.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Wait do you mean the smaller version of dreamland with grab-able platforms (Beta 1), or the jank testing-things stage (Beta 2). Beta 1 probably could be fixed up, but it's just a smaller dreamland with no wind.
Yeah, I mean Beta 1. I already remade Beta 2.

I decided to remake it. I got the proportions right, but I'm having trouble getting the game to recognize the ledges. So I have to improvise a bit.

blargh257

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blargh257
Hi there, I am new and playing on Kaillera. It's been decent so far, but I have a few questions.
1. My internet is bad. I use 64ke and I haven't modified it from how it was downloaded. Is there anything downloadable that will help me stop lagging as much as I do?
2. When desynchs occur I get insulted. Is that a joke, is the player insulting me, or am I getting bad refs?
3. I said I was new to someone who told me to have some manners. What is the etiquette, and is "Don't taunt" in it?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Hi there, I am new and playing on Kaillera. It's been decent so far, but I have a few questions.
1. My internet is bad. I use 64ke and I haven't modified it from how it was downloaded. Is there anything downloadable that will help me stop lagging as much as I do?
2. When desynchs occur I get insulted. Is that a joke, is the player insulting me, or am I getting bad refs?
3. I said I was new to someone who told me to have some manners. What is the etiquette, and is "Don't taunt" in it?
lag on a server will happen mostly if your internet is bad or if you are playing at a spoofed ping lower than it should be. desynchs should mostly be met with resetting the room and rejoining the server, don't pay attention to anyone that throws you any insults for desynchs or taunting or w/e

Shears

Smash Master
1. I think the 64KVE is the better emulator but I'm not certain. Check with KnitePhox and the first page of the index.
2. Yes this is a joke. I think you're talking about the automated message returned by the server when it detects a desynch "Stop being a laggot" or whatever the hell it is. Its a joke, don't take it seriously. With that said, people will be rude to you as thats the way it is on the internet so don't take anyone too seriously either. If they're not friendly, just ignore them, play them, whatever. But again, those automated messages in green are jokes sent by the server when a DS is detected. You did in fact DS, but you are not in fact a laggot.
3. This is the internet, there are no manners so taunt excessively. JK. Be friendly and polite as if you're going to a party where you don't really know anyone. Say hello, say good games, don't be afraid to ask for advice.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
betterKVE

tips to reduce lag/desyncs:
1. be on a fully wired internet connection.
not wifi + wired, not only wifi, not wifi AC, not mcdonalds/starbucks/hotel wifi, not "i have the best wireless ever and don't lag, the server lies;" straight up NO wifi. it just takes one hot pocket to make you lag (microwave being turned on).

2. make sure you dont have any other programs that use an internet connection running in the background/tabbed out/minimized.
nobody likes a lagger that can EASILY reduce or eliminate their lag by closing a program or 2 that are actively downloading/uploading.

3. test your emulator offline completely.
you MUST test graphics + input offline if you are just starting to play and experiencing lag. sometimes people have toasters (really bad computers, lol) and don't realize that they must switch around to a different graphics resolution or another plugin altogether to drastically reduce lag. if you are new, ffs please uncheck raw data LOL.

ONCE YOU MAKE ANY SETTINGS CHANGES TO THE EMULATOR, CLOSE THEN REOPEN TO ACTUALLY SAVE YOUR CHANGES.

Last edited:

SSBPete

Smash Lord
after dling the first link (im on windows 8) for project64kve I get the system error 'the program cant start because kailleraclient.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.'

tried redownloading and starting over and nothing has worked. any ideas?

ElViejoZunY

Smash Apprentice
after dling the first link (im on windows 8) for project64kve I get the system error 'the program cant start because kailleraclient.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.'

I had a problem with that too but in my case my antivirus (Avast) was removing that file because it was "dangerous", and it was pretty rare because for 3 weeks I played normally and the next day that started to be "dangerous". The solution was (I don´t know exactly how to say it because I have Avast in spanish but I will try to say it as generic as possible) I choose the folder where I have the Project´s files as "free of Avast control" and that solve the problem.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668

Do a computer search for that file, make sure it's in the correct folder, otherwise, guy above might be correct in terms fo why it's not loading.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
I had a problem with that too but in my case my antivirus (Avast) was removing that file because it was "dangerous", and it was pretty rare because for 3 weeks I played normally and the next day that started to be "dangerous". The solution was (I don´t know exactly how to say it because I have Avast in spanish but I will try to say it as generic as possible) I choose the folder where I have the Project´s files as "free of Avast control" and that solve the problem.
mine was working fine for a very long time before this happened, so it might be the same problem. ill give it a try. thank you! :)

Do a computer search for that file, make sure it's in the correct folder, otherwise, guy above might be correct in terms fo why it's not loading.
will do. at the moment I can still p2p on another client but its a bit buggy so i'd like to get this one going.

Swagathor

Smash Rookie
Nice video. I have a few questions though. Can you make a section on teleporting? like the jigglypuff teleport. also, how did you get the controller overlay thing? that ****s pretty cool lol

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
I'm doing the final video on character specific techniques right now. Actually, I wouldn't mind some input from you guys on what sections to include. Here's what I'm thinking right now:
- Teleport
- Double Jump Cancel
- Mario/Luigi tornado recovery
- Rising pound (same mechanics as falcon punch recovery)
- Jab grab
- Short hop double laser
- Neutral B in-air turnaround
- Shine cancel
- Parry

Are there any other big character specific techniques? I don't want to include stuff about basic combo setups so I decided against a section on Mario's SH Dair > Uair and stuff like that.

As far as the overlay goes, I got it from an Ocarina of Time speedrunner who made it himself (Zeds?). He was very happy to give it to me so I'm confident he wouldn't mind if I linked it to you guys:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmm0fqdqwv45rob/N64c B2.zip

The setup may be a little annoying depending on how comfortable you are with stuff like that. But at this point, I just open the application and it works so it's very well made in my opinion.

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
I'm doing the final video on character specific techniques right now. Actually, I wouldn't mind some input from you guys on what sections to include. Here's what I'm thinking right now:
- Teleport
- Double Jump Cancel
- Jab grab
- Short hop double laser
- Shine cancel
- Parry

Are there any other big character specific techniques? I don't want to include stuff about basic combo setups so I decided against a section on Mario's SH Dair > Uair and stuff like that.

As far as the overlay goes, I got it from an Ocarina of Time speedrunner who made it himself (Zeds?). He was very happy to give it to me so I'm confident he wouldn't mind if I linked it to you guys:

The setup may be a little annoying depending on how comfortable you are with stuff like that. But at this point, I just open the application and it works so it's very well made in my opinion.
Rock cancel (Kirby)
Descending up b and bomb recovery (Link)
Edge cancelled moves (Yoshi Down B, Ness Up b and down b (easier), Yoshi egg cancel (harder))
Pikachu's up b edge grab from below DL (the Banze) - looks like two vertical up b's with a ledge grab at end.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
- Teleport
- Double Jump Cancel
- Jab grab
- Short hop double laser
- Shine cancel
- Parry

Advancing bairs and retreating fairs
Fast fall uairs (I don't think you've cover this but I'm not sure of its necessity either)

Swagathor

Smash Rookie
- Teleport
- Double Jump Cancel
- Jab grab
- Short hop double laser
- Shine cancel
- Parry

Yea youre touching up on all the slightly more advanced techniques that i know, thanks for the work and thanks for the overlay. appreciate it! :D

Top Bottom