• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 Index (READ HERE FIRST)

mixa

Banned via Warnings
The emulator pack should come with a notepad saying: uncheck raw data; reset emulator after making changes; save your profile input config; consider the existence of cheats; use pj64killerOP; and what I just learned: Press Ctrl + M to write on chat without using the mouse. Why did I not know this until now.

M!nt

Smash Champion
If people aren't going to read anywhere on here, they're not going to read a document in the folder. Also the emulator comes with raw data unchecked. That's why it's weird so many people have that issue, I guess they are using other plugins they found or something. You didn't know about Ctrl M? It says it somewhere around where you type in a message I think.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
You didn't know about Ctrl M? It says it somewhere around where
Never seen it. I even looked for it one day.

If people aren't going to read anywhere on here, they're not going to read a document in the folder.
I meant more in a general sense. This info should've been out there in some way. It's such short, simple protips, that not putting it anywhere because most people won't read it is dumb&elitist.
I only know those other ones I mentioned in my previous post because knitephox. thx knitephox.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Never seen it. I even looked for it one day.
hmm I can't find it either :confused: I wonder how I figured out how to use it then. Maybe it was an old server message on galaxy or something idk.
I meant more in a general sense. This info should've been out there in some way. It's such short, simple protips, that not putting it anywhere because most people won't read it is dumb&elitist.
I only know those other ones I mentioned in my previous post because knitephox. thx knitephox.
It's not that, it's just we shouldn't have to put simple things every place in the world. I'll add a little document with some stuff to the emulators I guess. I didn't even think about Ctrl M lol.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
Can you please add on the top of online netplay that it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to have a wired connection rather than wifi? I'm sick of playing laggots.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
Yeah should explicitly state that wifi is inherently much much MUCH worse than wired, like 9.999/10

M!nt

Smash Champion
I have it put in there, but I don't think it needs to be a huge point. Some people can play fine on wifi and if that's all someone has available we don't want to discourage than from trying it out right?

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
I have it put in there, but I don't think it needs to be a huge point. Some people can play fine on wifi and if that's all someone has available we don't want to discourage than from trying it out right?
It just takes 1 Lag spike to rustle my jimmies. Just cause you make a note of it doesn't mean they will actually play wired. But that simple note can probably stop all the beaners on the FU server from using wifi.

Last edited:

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
lol the beaners don't use smashboards. We need a huge, all in CAPS disclaimer on FU that reads: 'WARNING USING WIRELESS INTERNET (Wi-Fi) CAUSES LAG SPIKES AND DESYNCS. USE AN ETHERNET CABLE (Wired connection) TO PREVENT THIS

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
really like the input-->action list in the first section, i suggest adding stick jump and note that it's slightly higher than C

_CaKeS_

Smash Cadet
Probably just a false positive but that Pj64k download immediately says it's malicious and my computer deletes it

Madao

What emulator would you guys recommend I use for AQZ? So far the only one's that are work Pj64 2.1 with fixed audio timing checked (prolly 1.7 too) and Mupen64. Pj64 1.6 and 1964 desynced everytime lol... I'll probably use Mupen since it has the best audio, but just curious if I did something wrong or if the AQZ was only meant for a specific emulator.

Also pro tip, don't ever use any emulator that's been touched by Smasherx74 :D . His version of mupen64k is buggy. I use mupen64++beta instead, thanks to Knitephox :) .

Sangoku

Smash Master
A user's signature appears in the first post of the page from said user.

Is Knitephox's emu different than the one proposed in the OP? If so, I suggest this one is added to the OP as well.

_CaKeS_

Smash Cadet
Alright it was just Chrome being stupid, something on my computer probably, should probably check that out. I downloaded Pj64kVE and it's working great, though I'm experiencing input lag, any idea how to fix that??

Edit: Fixed it

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
nice video, I'd add timestamps in a comment/to the description for each vid so people can shortcut.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Just finished the first part of an Advanced Techs guide. Feel free to link if you think it's useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI6h7P2xR2A
Great Job!! I'll link it in the first post.
Probably just a false positive but that Pj64k download immediately says it's malicious and my computer deletes it
That's really weird i'll try to figure out what's causing it to do that. Mine shouldn't be any different than the one in knitephox's signature.

So for some reason chrome will not let you download any of the downloads in mine or knitephox's signature if you have "Enable phishing and malware protection" in settings turned on. Does anyone know how to make it not come up as malicious?

Last edited:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
we shud prolly use a diff host? is it possible to host on smashboards? total of filesizes would be 50mb MAX, mods???

M!nt

Smash Champion
Testing if smashboards isn't malicious lol

Seems it's just mediafire I guess. Can't upload more than 1 file on here :(

Attachments

Last edited:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
sangoku can we get some info??

will uploaded files to smashboards stay for X amount of time, then get deleted??

may we upload more than 1 file for the sake of this thread/ease of use for all 64 emu players?

Last edited:

M!nt

Smash Champion
Okay it's all good now. They are linked from dropbox now :D

_CaKeS_

Smash Cadet
I tried the link to Dropbox, works great, must of just been Mediafire like you said. Thanks for fixing that up!

Sangoku

Smash Master
Ok so I asked and apparently a file will not get deleted once uploaded. Also if you want to attach several files, multipost with each attachment in a post and I'll merge the posts. Not sure if I will manage to put it in the OP though.

KingDozie

Smash Journeyman
I dont get it, my older and slower comupter runs 64 well but my newer computer can't run it well. It has that random delay do you guys have a tips to increase its performance?

Madao

Since Mupen64++Beta is more stable than Mupen64k, @ KnitePhox KnitePhox should post his link to Mupen64++Beta so that @ M!nt M!nt can replace the mupen link.

I dont get it, my older and slower comupter runs 64 well but my newer computer can't run it well. It has that random delay do you guys have a tips to increase its performance?
Random delay? What are you talking about. Also what emulator and what plugins are you using? I have a hunch what the problem might be, but I'll wait for you to provide more information first.

Top Bottom