• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 European Player Tiers [update in progress]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandan

Smash Lord
Laptops are overrated+expensive. Get a proper TOWER PC with good performance and good graphics card for no more than 500 euros.
laptops are a necessity, and thus, you cannot call them overrated.
people need laptops if they need to work outside of their home.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
desktop will not be possible seeing as I am effectively moving home every 6 months or so and I have no money. good player fund? :p

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Get a Tower PC with a monster graphics card to play games, and keep the laptop for working. I would do it in your case. And why you are moving so much? You run away from the british rain or what? :p

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Last 1 year in a place and with that saved money of the moving buy the PC that NixxxoN says. :p

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
Get a Tower PC with a monster graphics card to play games, and keep the laptop for working. I would do it in your case. And why you are moving so much? You run away from the british rain or what? :p
Moving constantly between my mum's place, my dad's place and my house at uni. We're also moving to a different house at uni over the summer. It's just not practical. It's not that it won't run smash, it just temporarily freezes a lot, and when I play online my ping is always above 90, which is just unplayable for a player as awesome as me.

... Runs wow quite nicely though.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
It isn't that hard to move a computer.

But I think it's perfectly legit to continue using a laptop for price reasons - desktop computers are reasonably expensive and if you already have a laptop it might not be worth it.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Since it still stands update in progress. Shall more tiers be added to the list? Or are all the active players up there already?

Sangoku

Smash Master
It's obviously still in progress, but looks like King Funk got tired already.

A lot of active players are missing, including myself (almost active lol), zen or sheick. So I guess we will have to wait some times to see the rest.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
It isn't that hard to move a computer.

But I think it's perfectly legit to continue using a laptop for price reasons - desktop computers are reasonably expensive and if you already have a laptop it might not be worth it.
No, it really isn't. Not everyone has a car you know.

Also, interesting that Law's been moved down a tier. Also, has smakis disappeared again?

dandan

Smash Lord
No, it really isn't. Not everyone has a car you know.

Also, interesting that Law's been moved down a tier. Also, has smakis disappeared again?
smakis kinda stopped playing 64 and switched to melee.
law was in brazil for a few months, and so, funk moved him down on assumption of rustiness.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Law told me he isn't rusty, but he didn't improve.

I personally wouldn't put him in S-tier anyway. I'm not saying he isn't good (he's obviously better than me), but I still don't think he's at maddy & co's level.

Concerning smakis, I've never even played him =(.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Since it still stands update in progress. Shall more tiers be added to the list? Or are all the active players up there already?
Sorry guys, for the lack of updates. I've been in holidays and had a lot of difficulties in doing anything. I'll see what I can do about this list soon.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Howdy,i am DDD3 and wanted to say,sorry for be inactive the past months!
I am getting better,so anyone wanna fight in the future whit me?
If your not allready a member, join the 64 msn group and you should be able to play everyday.

Sangoku

Smash Master
DDD3 is already in the group. But I remember he lagged terribly, like one second freeze every five seconds. So the games were rather unplayable.

The Star King

Smash Hero
If you're talking about the best Peach in Melee, then yes, he's European. He's been winning every European tournament he goes to for a long time now.

dandan

Smash Lord
inb4 Armada wrecks all of Europe after like 6 months.
i tend to think it will be sooner.
imo it is far easier transferring skills from melee to 64 than the other way around.
his spacing will probably be better than most.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I dont think that being great at one smash game makes you easily be great at another aswell... also no peach, but we'll see.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Some skills carry over, like spacing and the technical side like cancelling, and once you snag ahold of the game's physics, it's definitely an easier ascent to awesomeness than somebody who's never played a Smash game.

However, I agree that Melee-->64 is easier than the converse, because of the speed and technicality of the game.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
it's definitely an easier ascent to awesomeness than somebody who's never played a Smash game.
Nah..., seriously? :awesome:

There is stuff from melee that melee players can miss a lot when playing 64, like wavedashing, airdodging, the different kind of DI... Plus Melee being faster doesnt necessarily mean that 64 will be easy for them because is slower.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Well, generally speaking, it's easier to go from faster to slower, than slower to faster.

At least, I'd like to think so.

When I run a 400 on the track, it is easier to jog serenely and get two minutes than to bust my *** for a 50s time to break my 1 min record. OHOHOO

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I dont think that being great at one smash game makes you easily be great at another aswell... also no peach, but we'll see.
I think it's actually quite easy to get good at Smash 64, more than any of the other two smash games. All it really takes is basic spacing and combos.

Being better than the norm is another story though. =S

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
I better get back to the group asap and beat him before the mountain becomes too steep to climb. Then I can say I beat him once and impress everyone.

Well, generally speaking, it's easier to go from faster to slower, than slower to faster.

At least, I'd like to think so.

When I run a 400 on the track, it is easier to jog serenely and get two minutes than to bust my *** for a 50s time to break my 1 min record. OHOHOO
that is not a good analogy. a better one would be describing them as different races, melee being the 400 and 64 being the 1500.

melee players don't "jog" when they switch to this game, they still try to move as fast as the game allows them to, it just happens to be a slightly slower race.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I have a LOT more trouble going from Melee to Brawl than Brawl to Melee. But then it's not really because of the speed. =S
That's pretty bizarre, I'm pretty sure most people aren't like that. But I don't play Barlw so what do I know

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
That's pretty bizarre, I'm pretty sure most people aren't like that. But I don't play Barlw so what do I know
Yeah it's not because of the speed. It's just that Brawl is really strange compared to Melee. If I play Melee then Brawl, I end up playing too aggressive in the latter and don't use the right moves for the right time at all. Brawl revolves mostly on baiting, patience and smart defensive play and those are things I do not quite have in check the first two hours I start playing Brawl. I use the wrong moves, forget about how good shield is, forget about airdodge tomahawks, grab options and stuff like that.

But that might be just me, dunno. Or maybe because I just play Melee a lot more often now. For example, 64, it's really difficult for me to get rusty because I've just played it so much that things are natural to me. Maybe the same would happen with the other two games if I had played the same amount.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Brawl is tough to get used to, if not just because it's so disconcerting when I land a knee at a low percent and get grabbed before my landing lag finishes...

Can't really use the big-boy attacks until later on, simply because of how fast the opponent recovers (while shielding, too), and that just seems unnatural to me.

Also, it's the only smash game where if you land a spike on the ground, it's a bad idea to jump up in the air to finish him off.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I think Its completely normal Funk, I dont play brawl, but I would also had trouble switching from a good game to a crappy game than the other way round =P
/brawl hate

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Brawl is tough to get used to, if not just because it's so disconcerting when I land a knee at a low percent and get grabbed before my landing lag finishes...

Can't really use the big-boy attacks until later on, simply because of how fast the opponent recovers (while shielding, too), and that just seems unnatural to me.

Also, it's the only smash game where if you land a spike on the ground, it's a bad idea to jump up in the air to finish him off.
Once you get used to it it actually becomes fun. You actually end up trying to guess where he's going, reading his airdodges, etc.

Kabutox

Smash Apprentice
We need to get back to this, some new players have joined too, and some people have gotten alot better.(zensn, olikus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom