• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 ELO Rating

DC-NERD

Smash Cadet
I've beaten X, therefore I'm automatically better than X is not accurate. This rating is based on math that is pretty accepted, you can look up ELO ratings if you want. If you want to know why you are rated so low its probably because you lost to dc-nerd.

I could go back and count MATTS tourney. I just started online with only future tournies.

Wohoohoo, shots fired!

Never payed much mind to this but It's accurate in my book.

You should create norms for this, I think it would add some spunk.

banze

Smash Journeyman
Common guys, take it easy,

its obvious that for the rating to be more accurate, its going to take time and more and more data! You cant just assume that its wrong becouse you beaten somebody thats above you...

clubbadubba

Smash Master
A round robin tourney by the Washington state players including Kefit, Jel, I believe Ichiro and this guy Brax who hosted. Brax beat everyone but Kefit btw. Don't worry I made sure it was LEGIT before it got added.

Also waiting for Bloodpeach to add some recent tio files to his database so I can update this, its been too long since an update was done. Need to include gluttony, tfp 3, this steam smash tourney, and update the ladder (though Idk if anything has been happening with that).

Oh and madrush :)

BTW madrush were you able to get your hands on any japanese bracket info while you were there?

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
I sent mixa the images and he worked them into tio making a full bracket image. He also translated some of the names. Check my Kanto 2013 report or the Japanese tournament video thread

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
what needs to be added:

thanks for playing 3
smashacre
montreal tournament
steam tourney

i unfortunately do not have any of these brackets sooo

karthe22

Smash Rookie
hi guys. i'm a noob that just moved to seattle and i'm looking to give up money to enter tournaments or play friendlies at a chill spot to get *****. where yall at?

karthe22

Smash Rookie
well actually, if there's a 64 scene, i'm down for that too. and i guess i'm not COMPLETELY nooby. i can do shop, l-cancel, wavedash n stuff, but i probably won't be able to hang if you guys have been going to tourneys. just let me know because i've been itching to play some smash in the northwest

clubbadubba

Smash Master
oh man, i think me and bloodpeach are in a standoff of who's gonna make the first move on this project. He has that awesome tio file converter but he has to put files in the db in order for me to get the text files I need, so I was waiting on him and didn't want to rush him ever since that whole car wreck thing. I think its been long enough though... BLOODPEACH WHERE DAT DB UPDATE AT SON?!?!?!?!?!

If he is too busy I'll go back to old fashioned way of doing it by hand (well, on a computer, which is technically by hand). I might get furloughed soon if our government keeps sucking so that'll give me some time to do it.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Dude I ain't even sweatin it. Kinda like a mini vacation really. Might let me go to this tourney on saturday or visit a friend I haven't seen in a while, both of which would be fun. Looking forward to it in some ways.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
thanks for playing 3 in md
montreal tournament in...mtl
smashacre: gluttony
ddos in red bank
rolling thunder in red bank
LA california tourney with near and madrush

i'm way too lazy to find brackets

Shears

Smash Master
After getting bloodpeach drunk for the weekend of rolling thunder. He confessed that he is going to hold out the ELO data until everyone forgets and then out of nowhere release the data when we least expect it.

10drunkconfessionschars

clubbadubba

Smash Master
LOL.

well, maybe i'll do it the old fashioned way one of these days in between training to win 64 and make melee bracket

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
thanks for playing 3
montreal tournament
smashacre
ddos
rolling thunder

i'm way too lazy to find brackets
thanks for playing 2 wasn't even added either, i believe.

Bloodpeach calls me selfish/greedy for wanting the results up...but I've been to like 5 tourneys now and I'm still not on the ELO rating list for console. Been like 4-5 months since any results were added, that's just too long imo.

Everyone needs to spam his inbox with "encouragements" :)

After getting bloodpeach drunk for the weekend of rolling thunder. He confessed that he is going to hold out the ELO data until everyone forgets and then out of nowhere release the data when we least expect it.

10drunkconfessionschars
This is true. I was a second witness to this confession.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
haha honestly i should've done them myself, i've just been using the bloodpeach as an excuse to myself. It really doesn't take that long I should just do it

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
so clubba here's the deal with DDOS

i don't think chain ace has the bracket anymore, just the results thread

i tried to rebuild the bracket in reverse order but there's way too much missing info

if i just gave you a list of matches that occurred in winner's or loser's would that throw **** off? i mean honestly i don't think chibo or greezywop or yerpderp care if they're included in this but i'm not sure how the weighting goes...

for example, it'd be like
m2k fireblaster (gf set 1)
m2k fireblaster (gf set 2)
cobrevolution megavolt (lqf)

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
clubba dan said he's got the ddos bracket so ignore the one i sent you. i'll get it to you whenever

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Rob recently submitted the tourney in LA that I went to, but I was wondering if we could also include the other two tournaments I won. I won the 64 tournament in Arizona feat. m2k, s2j, B-rex, dookdigity, etc. and I also won the tourney in Palos Verdes with MADRUSH. I don't know if it's possible to get the bracket for both. :(

clubbadubba

Smash Master
if you don't have bracket then prolly not. Also, any tournament over 2 years old doesn't count for this. Apex 2012 will be out the door after 2014

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
alright CLUBBA i sent you three emails with all the recent tourneys from tfp2 onward. i don't know if i'm missing anything, maybe just whobo5? or something else MIDWEST if there were something

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Updated the CONSOLE rankings to include the tournies cobr sent me. I should do whobo5 tomorrow, and add SSBL games for online this week as well.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
so some online stuff has gone down since the online list was last updated if u felt like being awesome and updating it :)

Top Bottom