• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 ELO Rating

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
incoming results to @ clubbadubba clubbadubba gmail: polybash (mtl tourney, 3/1), super smash sundays 1-3 (3/23, 4/6, 4/27), smash of ages (LA tourney, 4/20), toronto tourney (99 problems but a flaoc ain't 1)

required: don't lose the hype 1 and 2 brackets (from feb/march i think), washington tourneys that happened in feb/march, chicago tourneys that happened in feb/march, florida tourneys that happened in feb/march, that toronto tourney from recent

@ SSB64-Jel SSB64-Jel @ banze banze @KnitePhox @Han Solo @TANK64 @SheerMadness @MrMarbles @kys @ M McGodd

whoever knows where brackets are from those tagged folks, please provide to either clubba or myself and i'll format them accordingly

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
if you can put them in the format listed on the first page and send the txt files to clubba it'd make my life a lot easier

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
note to self: get whobo and space invaders brackets, get sss#4 tomorrow. Clubbaaaaaaaa update thissssss

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Yoooooooo sorry haven't logged into smashboards in months lol. Sorry about that... everytime I thought of logging in I thought of all the catching I would have to do so I just said **** it. Now its far enough out that I can comfortably just not catch up on anything! Except this thread that is. I kinda figured that someone would text me if there was a real need for an update, and the email I ask people to send stuff to is not one I check regularly, so sorry about that lol.

The map alone took me an hour, so gonna aim for a weekend update of this. Also I think there will probably be a large number of tournaments deleted from the ratings as well (anything that happened before June 2012 basically), maybe I'll do a quick update leaving those in and then delete them.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Updated with the tournaments that cobr sent me. banze's tournaments will take a bit to get them in the correct format so they aren't up yet. Jel I'm using the only gameclucks one I got from you pretty sure...

Let me know if anything is missing

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Updated with the tournaments that cobr sent me. banze's tournaments will take a bit to get them in the correct format so they aren't up yet. Jel I'm using the only gameclucks one I got from you pretty sure...

Let me know if anything is missing

I will have to send you like 4 or 5 months of GCs when I get to it lol. This will take me sometime to get in to a file.

Shears

Smash Master
Is this still being updated? Since I'm doing ELO ratings for the Baltimore weeklies, I decided to make a website where anyone can create their own rankings using ELO. Not sure if anyone cares to go through and enter all the data into the site, but the interface is fairly easy and it allows for the data to be shared anywhere. I will be adding some more features like individual match history and such so if all the data was added, you would then be able to click on anyones name and see all their wins and losses.

http://elorankings.com

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Is this still being updated? Since I'm doing ELO ratings for the Baltimore weeklies, I decided to make a website where anyone can create their own rankings using ELO. Not sure if anyone cares to go through and enter all the data into the site, but the interface is fairly easy and it allows for the data to be shared anywhere. I will be adding some more features like individual match history and such so if all the data was added, you would then be able to click on anyones name and see all their wins and losses.

http://elorankings.com
I can't log in with my previous account. Does this require new accounts?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I think since you've done the work to make it actually useable by people, we should probably transition to yours Shears if we are going to have one at all. This was good since at the time we didn't really have anything of the sort, but the only way it was ever updated was if I got off my lazy ass and compiled tourney results into some stupid format I made, or someone else took the time to compile them and send them to me. I obviously haven't done a good job of keeping up with this in the past year. Keeping other threads up to date and more importantly real life things have made it tougher for me to do so (though I totally could have, I'm just a bit lazy with the time I do have). The idea was to get TO's involved and have them send me results of tournaments with quick turn around, but that never really materialized, partly due to lack of effort and partly due to lack of interface to work with. The fact that you have an easy to work with interface makes me a lot more hopeful that yours could be kept up to date. Plus its pretty cool that people can do their own stuff so they don't have to wait for lazy old me.

Shears

Smash Master
I think since you've done the work to make it actually useable by people, we should probably transition to yours Shears if we are going to have one at all. This was good since at the time we didn't really have anything of the sort, but the only way it was ever updated was if I got off my lazy *** and compiled tourney results into some stupid format I made, or someone else took the time to compile them and send them to me. I obviously haven't done a good job of keeping up with this in the past year. Keeping other threads up to date and more importantly real life things have made it tougher for me to do so (though I totally could have, I'm just a bit lazy with the time I do have). The idea was to get TO's involved and have them send me results of tournaments with quick turn around, but that never really materialized, partly due to lack of effort and partly due to lack of interface to work with. The fact that you have an easy to work with interface makes me a lot more hopeful that yours could be kept up to date. Plus its pretty cool that people can do their own stuff so they don't have to wait for lazy old me.
The only thing now will be data entry. Unless you have a file of some sort with every match outcome listed then I could import it and automatically generate the rankings. How did you do the current rankings? Do you have files that were used i.e. .tio, txt, etc. I'm also going to design it to account for alias tags, so if there are duplicates, you can set them as the new user and it will recalculate the rankings. Right now only the person who created the rankings can edit them but I'll allow for rankings to be made public by the creator so they can be updated by anyone.

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
So I have a text file with the results of every tournament that I included in the rankings. Its in a not great format, but its there. You want?

Shears

Smash Master
Uploading it might take time because I want to make sure the site fully supports different file type/format uploads and functionally to account for aliases and recalculation of ratings. Send it to me now, give me a week or two before its actually on the site.

Shears

Smash Master
The Elo ratings will now be handled here:

http://elorankings.com/rankings.aspx?id=4

I'm working on adding some new features and such but here you can look at a detailed match history for every player and you can see the full list of matches used in the rankings. YouTube videos can be uploaded and added to each match so if anyone has a match they want uploaded to be easily accessible and organized, simply create and activate an account and begin uploading.

*The load time is a little slow because I have it calculate the rankings from the complete list every single time, I will soon have this all be static and it will load quickly. Give me time, I quickly made this site in a weekend.

**If anyone identifies any aliases or names listed twice because of spelling errors please let me know. I can easily fix them. Or if someone notices a match result is input incorrectly let me know as well.

A couple features to come soon, alias support to easily mark names as an alias and automatically correct rankings, txt/tio upload of results in either the xml format used by tio or the win /t loss format used by clubba previously, and easier management of matches such as reordering and editing results.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Updated the OP to reference your site and collapsed the original post.

I'd like to point out that I am the most YOLO'd player ever with 7 YOLO games thank you very much. Also I'm rated higher than boom in YOLO tournies. #SWAGTAG

It really is an awesome site shears has created, if you haven't already checked it out go take a peek.

Studstill

Smash Ace
@ clubbadubba clubbadubba @Shaya Do we want to get this unstickied? Does the other post subsume this one? Perhaps some cutpaste is neccesary, the OP on this is well done. Just house-cleaning, thoughts?

(blondekid)

Smash Apprentice
I have beat heropie in a tournament and he has beat me in a tournament. I am not even in this list.

BardN64

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I'm new to Smashboards, and a fairly new player in the West Coast scene. I was wondering how I might go about getting on the rankings? Sorry if this isn't the appropriate thread for this topic.

BardN64

Smash Rookie
Hi Shears. That response seems a little vague. I currently play in some regional tournaments (I understand those might be harder to evaluate, but they do feature some names from the WC, including Hero Pie, KyleTree, and Eggmode). The largest tournament I've competed in is Smash of Ages. Can I submit my results from any of these tournaments to help determine my placing?

Shears

Smash Master
Hi Shears. That response seems a little vague. I currently play in some regional tournaments (I understand those might be harder to evaluate, but they do feature some names from the WC, including Hero Pie, KyleTree, and Eggmode). The largest tournament I've competed in is Smash of Ages. Can I submit my results from any of these tournaments to help determine my placing?
Your placing would require all the results from the tournament. If people submit their tournaments with complete results then it can all be entered and updated. It is important to keep chronological order of results so tournaments should not be submitted after a subsequent one already was.

BardN64

Smash Rookie
Ah, I see. Thanks, I appreciate the clarification. So if I were to submit a Challonge bracket, or several in chronological order, that would meet the requirements? Since all participants and their results would be listed. Also, where would I submit these results?

Shears

Smash Master
Ah, I see. Thanks, I appreciate the clarification. So if I were to submit a Challonge bracket, or several in chronological order, that would meet the requirements? Since all participants and their results would be listed. Also, where would I submit these results?
Just PM them to me. I will talk to some other people in the community about getting a list of up to date tournaments over the past year and deciding on qualifications.

Shears

Smash Master
If anyone has any tournament results for 64 since April of 2014 please submit them to me and I can update the Elo rankings.

@ pidgezero_one pidgezero_one @chain-ace @Events2Compete @Soto

I'd also like to discuss which events should qualify for upload and which ones shouldn't? Should there be any picking and choosing or should all be uploaded? Maybe a minimum of 9 entrants like smashboards has?

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i have results threads and bracket images for every tournament ive hosted

Shears

Smash Master
http://elorankings.com/rankings.aspx?id=2190&all=1

Rankings have been updated

Starting rating: 1500
K-factor: 80
Qualified game minimum: 20

Tournaments used:
Apex 2014
Polybash XIII
SOA I
Zenith 2014
COA6
Echo Winter 2015
Apex 2015
BotNE
Hitstun 2
SOA II
Pre-SSC Xanadu
SSC
ODS

Players: 472, 27 qualified
Matches: 1389

If anyone wants to compile a video library, just click on the match and paste the youtube url into it.

D

Deleted member

I'm confused, what is this thread about exactly? ^.^

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom