• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Torpy

Smash Rookie
I should be heading down for this and I can bring my GC adapter and can probably bring my wii-U set up.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
As a side note, NG+ havent actually streamed a whole tourney since the invitational. Max, probably worth bringing your stuff along.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, we will be doing things a little differently this time in terms of sign ups.

When you enter please pay your venue fee straight away (when the front desk is set up), we will also be taking sign ups as soon as you pay venue fee as well. This will alleviate the load of last minute rushing for signups before a tournament starts.

Again, for smash we will have 2 different laptops (One for Pm + Melee and one for Smash 4) and one of these will be the venue fee laptop. We will be running challonge so you can use your smart phones to view the bracket (bracket url will be put on front desk once it is set up), however you will still need to report scores at the front.

Bu$

HoC
Hey guys, we will be doing things a little differently this time in terms of sign ups.

When you enter please pay your venue fee straight away (when the front desk is set up), we will also be taking sign ups as soon as you pay venue fee as well. This will alleviate the load of last minute rushing for signups before a tournament starts.

Again, for smash we will have 2 different laptops (One for Pm + Melee and one for Smash 4) and one of these will be the venue fee laptop. We will be running challonge so you can use your smart phones to view the bracket (bracket url will be put on front desk once it is set up), however you will still need to report scores at the front.
Good idea Tekkez.

Villyness

Dedicated Protector
NNID
SuckerFlash
3DS FC
2664-2676-2381
Would anybody be interested in teaming with me for s4?
Trying out different partners for Villager. :)

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Can we legalise custom moves for the next tournament? I've almost unlocked every special on my copy of Smash and I'm willing to bring in my Wii U setup if it's needed.
Custom moves are not legal next tournament.

Consoles are always required - please help not just us but everyone out!

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Custom moves are not legal next tournament.

Consoles are always required - please help not just us but everyone out!
I'd like to, but I don't live anywhere near the city. I would only bring my Wii U if it was absolutely necessary. The only thing that my Wii U has over anyone else's is that I have unlocked almost every custom special. Since that attribute is moot to a tournament without customisation, I don't consider it worth the time and effort to disconnect everything.

However, I do have a 22 inch 1080p LCD monitor with very little input lag. Do you think it would be appreciated?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I'd like to, but I don't live anywhere near the city. I would only bring my Wii U if it was absolutely necessary. The only thing that my Wii U has over anyone else's is that I have unlocked almost every custom special. Since that attribute is moot to a tournament without customisation, I don't consider it worth the time and effort to disconnect everything.

However, I do have a 22 inch 1080p LCD monitor with very little input lag. Do you think it would be appreciated?
The problem is that everyone in the community thinks like this, and tournaments are having to actually cut back due to the lack of setups for wiiu

Bam7, unless sponsored by someone to give us setups, is legitimately going to need to do something like bo3 straight bracket 2 stock 5 mins due to no setups.

This mentality that "its not worth bringing my stuff because xyz" for smash 4 setups needs to stop because it actually is causing harm to the game.

This applies to all games too, smash 4 by far is the worst offender but PM comes close sometimes.

Last edited:

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
The idea that the time it takes you to pack up your WiiU to bring and then unpack it when you get home is inherently that much more valuable than the next WiiU owner is totally absurd. Listen to Phil. Or be a selfish prick and don't bring your set up and watch your tournament flounder because of a lack of set ups.
If you love this you should put in. The rewards will come. People will appreciate the small gestures, you'll find yourself hanging around because people are using your set up and you'll meet those guys and make new friends, find new training partners etc.
As a grassroots community we're only as good as our membership. If you don't bring your WiiU, there is no Sm4sh tournament. If everyone starts bringing their set up it's infectious. It's not weird to bring it if everyone already is. Be part of a positive movement.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice

As already stated above, we don't need the monitor but consoles are always required. Please don't feel pressured into bringing your gear if you don't want to - this goes for everyone. However, consider it a simple way to give back to a community we all love.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I see. I'll try and change my frame of mind for next tourney.
However, I still can't come to this week 's tourney. I don't have enough motivation to show up without a reasonable contribution, and even if I did I don't have any form of transport to and from the event. I'll try and make it to the next.

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
I see. I'll try and change my frame of mind for next tourney.
However, I still can't come to this week 's tourney. I don't have enough motivation to show up without a reasonable contribution, and even if I did I don't have any form of transport to and from the event. I'll try and make it to the next.
Showing up is a reasonable contribution. Set up is bonus but remember if you don't bring yours why would others?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
@Pazx I do actually like customs. They turn ROB into a beast and I will admit I do have lots of fun playing Ricky on wifi with them. (Plus a few other sydney people I played I think W00tins and Scarpian) But yeah I just hate the hassle of unlocking them :p But anyway this isnt the best place to discuss it so feel free to PM me anything you want to add about this topic. :O

@ Yokta Yokta You should still come regardless to check it out, please give one tournament a chance. <3 Its too early at this point but customs could be a thing in the future so stick around. They might do some custom tournaments in future anyway for a tryout, but thats not my decision.

Anyway, I have to get a little operation on my arm on Friday. I should still be able to play but worst case scenario if I cant, I'll still be attending + bringing the usual ****z.

1xwillu
4x speakers
2x adaptors

Please bring consoles though guys, and adaptors! Also speakers would be great aswell <3

ViVa

Smash Ace
Jei, Tibs and Attila seem pretty confident. I guess that's the top three for wii u this weekend. I hope they don't lose, that would be really embarrassing.

Villyness

Dedicated Protector
NNID
SuckerFlash
3DS FC
2664-2676-2381
I do play Mega Man though, that could be fun?
Hmmm... I'd prefer a rushdown character cause Villager doesn't really play that role in doubles. Maybe when my Ness is better though!
@tibs7 ?
I won't be there in time for doubles.
Only if you really can't make it. It doesn't feel right to see Tibs without Attila in doubles haha.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Hmmm... I'd prefer a rushdown character cause Villager doesn't really play that role in doubles. Maybe when my Ness is better though!

Only if you really can't make it. It doesn't feel right to see Tibs without Attila in doubles haha.
I'm working and will arrive after 2; definitely not coming in time. you can win some easy cash with tibor.

Top Bottom