• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Pudgetalks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Anchorboy7
Thanks to everyone for coming to Smash 4 and ROA day.

We had the setups and the entrants (fewer due to exams I assume) to run pools.

Brackets:

Smash 4 Singles

Pools results: 16 pools of 5 people. Top 2 advance

View attachment 81909

Bracket:
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/S4cwnov15

Amateur Bracket

http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/CWNOVRANABT2015

Smash 4 Doubles
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/s4dubsnov15

Rivals of Aether
http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/roacwnov15

Also. Want to ask people how they feel about 3 stock?
I think 3 Stock goes for too long but am Not completely averse to the idea.
Having to take 3 lucairo stocks or 3 campy villager stocks can be aids, but then again you have 3 chances to come back so IDK.

Boozer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevilBoozer
3DS FC
4124-5214-3831
if you can crack my pool sheet you can crack the da vinci code go forth pudge and solve the unsolvable

EIS_Duon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mas0nDrul3eskii
Early mornin' sick as nips shoutouts post

Firstly to Kaito; we did pretty good I reckon. Definitely see why people at sas think highly of your play, top stuff man, 5th is pretty good imo
SKG & Majora for killing dubs and getting the same placing as us
Pudge for losing 8 games in a row to me with characters I dont even know how to use
Boozer for being a sport about my popoff there. Killed a demon in and a half with that win
Tibs for absolutely decimating me. Ill get a proper secondary someday... Maybe, I dunno. Good to see you wrecking **** up again
Earl for a qaulity banter of a set. The most fun set Ive ever played at CW probably. The DK counterpick was top stuff, dont even lie. Top stuff on the losers run.
Jei, sorry LMAO. Refer to what Earl said about Yoshis
Attila, I'm also sorry LOL. I dunno ko punch
To the peeps in my pool; Jax, Dr. Omega, DD_, Jordan. Top sets
To my ELO. I love you

Not only did I break the 17th curse, but I destroyed it. Feel amazing about my performance. Shoutouts to Deez and Xettman for getting lower than me; git gud

Current F*** Boozer club Members: 11

earla

Smash Lord
dude you're so romantic. it's sickening.

I'm warm to people I like and cold to those I either don't know or who I think are full of ****. its simple man.

get over this soap oprah **** and concentrate on your game and maybe you'll go beyond 17th or wateva.

good luck

E

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Shoutouts to @Deez1 for being a bro and becoming one of the boys last night. Some people really benefit from being in the scene; socially you've made some incredible changes. Keep it up and of you need advice, chat to more cuz.

Also, Shoutouts to sonic for inventing the only form of cancer transmittable on shield.

Googers

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ronsico
3DS FC
1435-6770-6493
Shoutouts to Boozer and Pudge for not being scary and always cheering me on even when I am pulling the greatest Googer of my life.

I'm going back to my hole in Geelong now.

Last edited:

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Shout out time!

@tibs7 : Really fun set. Your doc is amazing and really fun to play against, keep it up and hopefully we'll vs again soon. If you have an questions about Ganondorf, I'll be happy to help.

JDizzle: Very nice Tink and Roy. Thank you so much for the friendlies, never knew how good Tink was in this game. Hopefully next time we vs, I can get a game off of you in tournament.

Mar: Great to see you again and enjoy the chats. I noticed you have improved and you got a decent result, keep it up and if you ever need any more help with MU's, I'm happy to help.

@Deez1 : Very nice to see you too. ^___^ Maybe we should have some friendlies next tourney.

DD_ DD_ and @Tomo009 : Always great talking to you guys and listening to my Ganondorf fan boy love. :p

Boozer Boozer : Always having a lot of lols with you, never change ... and please stay Bowser. :p I'm still healing from you changing from Charizard. Hopefully next tourney we'll have friendlies as it was sad that I had to leave right before our friendlies.

Shout outs to everyone I spoke too and anyone I forgot. Keep on smashin!

EIS_Duon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mas0nDrul3eskii
It rewards consistency above all else, which is probably what Victorian players are lacking (the RNG results) Pools were awesome, and should probably be a priority. Sucks when a PR player frauds out and gets seeded 25th, just teaches them to keep up good play though I suppose

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
If you want consistency, you should just run bo5s lol.

When only one PR player is in each pool, they should always make it out in first place lol

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hi folks, just arrived in Melbourne last week, and going to be here for the next 12 months or so, so I'm looking to get involved in the local scene. Couldn't make any of the events last week, but I'm going to try and get to Swanston St on Friday. Any more Smash 4 events coming up I should know about?

Tempest

Smash Cadet
Also. Want to ask people how they feel about 3 stock?
I think I've made a post about this already but I said something a long the lines that I'm personally not a fan of 3 stock when it comes to smash 4, mainly because I'm comfortable with the 2 stock format as that is what we have been rolling with since the game has been released.

Hi folks, just arrived in Melbourne last week, and going to be here for the next 12 months or so, so I'm looking to get involved in the local scene. Couldn't make any of the events last week, but I'm going to try and get to Swanston St on Friday. Any more Smash 4 events coming up I should know about?
Welcome to Melbourne and I hope you enjoy your time here!
There should be a smash 4 event coming up in December (If I were to take a guess it will be on any weekend leading up to Christmas, all depends on the availability on the venue and if Couch Warriors can secure a booking for next month), which will most likely take place in Brunswick. Be sure to keep on checking back to this thread as future details will be announced when it will happen. The title of this thread will also be updated sometime in the near future.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Meet me when I go back to Melbourne.

Or come to QLD :D

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
There is this https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=892628154157849
And weekly events at Swanston (Friday) and Geelong (if you like a travel and free Elo!) (Wednesday)

Pudgetalks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Anchorboy7
Theres also Miltim which is this Saturday, gonna be pretty sweet, every game from 64 to smash 4 will be there

Pudgetalks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Anchorboy7
where are you coming from btw?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oi skarfelt is my boy, he a mad dog

Deez dont lose the romance...

shoutouts to Melbourne for finally having pools like a normal state

earla

Smash Lord
cheers for vids uploaded so fast to revise. please upload grand final when you have time.

Thanks

E

earla

Smash Lord
very cool.

i have a suggestion. If CW has extra finances it may be worth investing in some more speakers for the setups. a number of players such as tibs, GOD_Matt2 and I prefer playing with sound on.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Damn, I remember ages ago you telling me you were coming to Australia. Time sure flies I guess.

Asdfgh get an internet connection and play Wifi with me Moydow Moydow

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Damn, I remember ages ago you telling me you were coming to Australia. Time sure flies I guess.

Asdfgh get an internet connection and play Wifi with me Moydow Moydow
Already got myself online, since this country actually seems to understand what decent internet is, unlike back home. Gonna be busy most of the day, but I might be around later tonight

DD_

Smash Journeyman
this country actually seems to understand what decent internet is
I can 100% confirm with you that you are the only one who feels this way. I have no idea what you used to have but Aus internet is not great.

Also where abouts are you staying?

Top Bottom