• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Ver. 1.08 Patch Thread [MOVE TO NEW THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Did Falco's front air attack deal at most 6 hits in the air beforehand?

Last edited:

RODO

Smash Ace
Platform canceling with quick attack is DEFINITELY different I just confirmed using both versions. It seems the new version you have to come at the platform from a slightly further distance meaning either QA goes further or the way you interact with the platform is different.

theyellowflash26

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theyellowflash26
3DS FC
3153-5006-0716
Not sure if it's just me, but it seems like ZSS' down b kick has less lag on it. Also, I THINK her up b glitch has been fixed. Would like more opinions on this though.

Edit: It also seems like her grab and some other moves have been sped up as well. Again not sure and would like other opinions.

Last edited:

ElectricBlade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haruhisuzumia
3DS FC
1203-9228-7596
Platform canceling with quick attack is DEFINITELY different I just confirmed using both versions. It seems the new version you have to come at the platform from a slightly further distance meaning either QA goes further or the way you interact with the platform is different.
Ah okay! Thanks for sharing c: why would it be different tho XD?

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I compiled all of Little Mac's percentage changes in 1.08. Didn't look for range/speed increases. I'll leave that for someone else.

Little Mac got a lot of buffs this time around. I'm happy. :D
Considering everything you had decreased in percent by about the same amount I bet you were using the 3DS vs Wii U to do this. 3DS has bigger blast zones

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
previously macs hitbox did not exist in close proximity to himself after smash. So very often he would smash through someone standing at close range. THis seems to have been adjusted.

Sacked

Smash Rookie
There seems to be less stun after getting hit with Luigi's fireball. Can someone test this?

Pinuzzo

Smash Rookie
Has anyone experimented with customs at all? Like the jankiness of Cyclone Kong?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Did Falco's front air attack deal at most 6 hits in the air beforehand?
It does 5 hits unless you're connecting it with the final hit and the landing hit in patch 1.0.7 and before. Tested while "freezing" each hit, it's 1% + 1% + 1% + 1% + 1% + 4% = 9%, so 6 hits instead of 1% + 1% + 1% + 1% + 4% = 8% in the past. This might create an issue where if Falco can't connect all the hits, he might not be able to gimp or whatever correctly. At the same time, there's like a few more active frames then.

In the past, if you managed to connect the landing hit as well, it would have done 13% since the landing hit did 5% before this patch. Now, it does 12%, but someone people have said it does 14% for some reason. Also, a lot of people have been saying it's faster. Could someone with two systems confirm this?

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
previously macs hitbox did not exist in close proximity to himself after smash. So very often he would smash through someone standing at close range. THis seems to have been adjusted.
I don't think that's correct; I think the damaging hit boxes are the same. Mac appears to find it harder to pass through the opponent, and when he does, he doesn't go as far.

Either the windboxes before the attack were made stronger, or Mac doesn't move forward as quickly. The latter follows the same principle as how Jigglypuff doesn't run quickly enough to pass through opponents. Either way, you're less likely to whiff, and the up-angled F-Smash hits many opponents event if you're as close as possible beforehand.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Is there a comprehensive post or list of 100% confirmed notes that anyone had compiled yet?

Kempatsu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kempatsu
3DS FC
2251-4505-3091
Yoshi can no longer slide off plattforms and stages with upB. much like the downB treatment he has been given in the first patch.
why taking away Yoshis dynamic.. this is sad..
Thank you for this. I main Yoshi as well and he appears to have lost some fluidity. Do you have any more information regarding him?

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
@ TheReflexWonder TheReflexWonder these are the percent changes of Villager's everything

Dair - Unchanged
Nair - Unchanged
Uair - Unchanged
Fair - Unchanged
Bair - Unchanged
Jab - Unchanged
Ftilt - Unchanged
Dtilt - Unchanged
Utilt - Unchanged
Fsmash - Unchanged
Usmash - Unchanged
Dsmash - Unchanged
Loid - Unchanged
Timber!!!!! - Unchanged
Wood Chip - Nerfed to 3% of damage
Dash Attack - Unchanged
Pushy Loid - Overall damage buffed to 12%.
Xtreme Balloon Trip - Unchanged
Slippy Trip Weed - Unchanged
Super Timber - Unchanged
Liftoff loid - Unchanged
Pummel - Unchanged
Uthrow - Unchanged
Dthrow - Buffed to 6%
Fthrow - Unchanged
Uthrow - Unchanged
Balloon High Jump - Unchanged
Garden - Unchanged

Last edited:

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
It's already been pointed out that Charizard's u-throw was majorly buffed, but to put it in perspective, it now kills earlier than Mewtwo's u-throw. Mewtwo kills Mario on FD with no DI or rage at 133%, whereas Charizard's u-throw kills at 126%.
However, Mewtwo's u-throw angle means that DI will only make someone live a few percents longer until 135%, whereas Mario can survive Charizard's u-throw until 137% with DI. So teeeeechnically Mewtwo's is more consistent, but Charizard's is stronger.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I think the blast zones on Wii U and 3DS are different but I kill a Mario from the spawning point on FD at 195% with a back throw. I know I usually kill much earlier than that against real people but I guess that's because of DI.
Rage/stage position. Sounds like the move is unchanged.

AgiosGiorgos

Smash Rookie
NNID
AgiosGiorgos
Any confirmed Pit changes?
Only one I've discovered is that I believe that Pit's Dsmash now does 12% damage on both sides, as opposed to previously 12% at the front and 10% on the back.

Potential changes (need confirmation)
- Down air: 11% (from 10%) [might be something like 10.5%, rounding up]
- Neutral special (Palutena's Arrow): more hitstun when fully charged, slightly easier to maneuver and mid-speed
- Up smash: less endlag

q_e_d

Smash Rookie
Another Pika player here:
QALC definitely changed, ESAM is now looking into it, so far got (quotes from his twitter):
"Ok so the difference is it is more specific and also it doesnt move you like it did when u used to platform cancel. Different, still easy"
"Pikachu can QAC even better on slants now" - not sure how much he tested this one, but to me it feels diffent too, so probably true.

So Pikachu is definitely an example for ledge mechanics being changed for some specials now.

Is there a comprehensive post or list of 100% confirmed notes that anyone had compiled yet?
Since we are just starting with this and so far few claims are backed up with video/data evidence (though most are probably still true), I think it's maybe not that useful to start it already. But someone will probably do it soon when we have a bit more reliable information.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Any confirmed Pit changes?
Only one I've discovered is that I believe that Pit's Dsmash now does 12% damage on both sides, as opposed to previously 12% at the front and 10% on the back.

Potential changes (need confirmation)
- Down air: 11% (from 10%) [might be something like 10.5%, rounding up]
- Neutral special (Palutena's Arrow): more hitstun when fully charged, slightly easier to maneuver and mid-speed
- Up smash: less endlag
The base the blade in Pit's down smash attack deals 12% while the tip of the blade deals 10%. This is the same as it was beforehand.

His down air attack's damage output is exactly the same, too.

AgiosGiorgos

Smash Rookie
NNID
AgiosGiorgos
The base the blade in Pit's down smash attack deals 12% while the tip of the blade deals 10%. This is the same as it was beforehand.

His down air attack's damage output is exactly the same, too.
Fair enough for the Dsmash, but I honestly believe that Dair got a slight buff. Previously it did 10% damage but I just tested it against a Ryu and it bumped his damage up by 11%. Unless it's always been 10.5% damage and nobody has documented it, because every online source I've seen says his Dair is 10%.

Aki

Smash Cadet
NNID
Im_Aki
3DS FC
1306-5844-3434
Thank you for this. I main Yoshi as well and he appears to have lost some fluidity. Do you have any more information regarding him?
except that's wrong, yoshi can still egg toss slide

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
let me explain why placebo happens in most cases.

when playing online, even when your connection is good, there is still really small input lag. but when you just test stuff in training, there is obviosly no lag. so this very small difference will make it seem like evry move is faster.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Fair enough for the Dsmash, but I honestly believe that Dair got a slight buff. Previously it did 10% damage but I just tested it against a Ryu and it bumped his damage up by 11%. Unless it's always been 10.5% damage and nobody has documented it, because every online source I've seen says his Dair is 10%.
Are you testing the attack in training mode? I'm using the attack against Charizard, and it seem to to deal precisely 10% damage each time.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
if you do an attack in T mode 10 times and divide by ten you should get the damage of the move down to the ten's decimal guys!

(assuming you hit with the same part of the move every time!)

Squaddle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gaulderdash
Samus's Up-smash has had its hitboxes tweaked so more hits go off more frequently, and it kills around 20% earlier than it used to. However, with the new ledge physics she can't missle ledge cancel anymore.

rigidpillow

Smash Rookie
Marth's jab is a lot better now. It sends the opponent into the air now instead of just away on the stage and both jabs hit now. It has more knockback on the second hit too. Depending on the location on the sword that hits the opponent, it hits them in a different direction so that both jabs hit. Not sure what damage it did before, but now it does 3% per hit.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Is it me, or does it seem that the Mii Swordfighter doesn't travel as far above the ground when Airborne Assault is used?

Also, The Mii Swordfighter's back air attack deals 14% now instead of 12%.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
People already heard about Falco losing 1% on his Uair making it do 10% instead of 11% now. It also lost its body hitbox or the sour-spot which was Falco's only known hit confirm as it had little knockback and caused hitstun for Falco to confirm into a Bair. Welp, it kills later and it acts like Captain Falcon, Mario, Luigi, and ZSS's Uair now instead of something like Ganondorf's, but usually sending people up while Ganondorf can use different parts of the hitbox to launch people differently. Uair's knockback growth was probably lowered significantly since he kills similarly on stage and in the air with it now while back then, Uair booted people up hard. That 100 knockback growth might not be a thing with Falco's Uair now. Falco just became more generic.

From the Falco patch thread.
Losing Uair's sourspot means Falco lost a hit confirm. Even if it was a slow one, Falco could sour-spot Uair to Bair in the air and probably Down Smash or Up Smash on the ground. That's one unique thing gone from Falco and I think it's weaker, like not just 1% weaker, but knockback-wise too. Back then, I used Pit and it killed with his legs at 162% and the body hit killed at 872%. Now, if you hit with the legs, Pit gets sent like with Captain Falcon and Ganondorf depending on where you hit. As of now, if you hit with the body which sends Pit straight up, it kills at 178% while the legs kill at 194% and sends Pit at an angle. It's nerf that not only gives Falco a weaker Uair which Falco can't abuse like Mario or Captain Falcon who have good air speed or Luigi who can consistently confirm it off of D-throw and Falco's Uair's raw power was like Ganondorf who was slower, but the power made up and rewarded his ability to land a Uair. This patch takes away the uniqueness of his Uair, the sour-spot body hit. I'd rather have the powerful Uair with a sour-spot for hit confirms and basically doing Uair chases instead of juggling like every other character with a Uair. It's making him generic.

Last edited:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Yet another confirmation for MK:
:4metaknight:N-Air landing lag was reduced from 20 frames to 14-15 frames.

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
Confirming no more Quickstone for Kirby, sourspot (Up) F-Smash does 1% less damage.

Also confirming from my end that his pummel is nerfed, 1.55% -> 1.5% (20 pummels = 30%, not 31%), and I'd like someone to check on his F-Smash, it may have more endlag, or I may have placebo.
His pummel is unchanged as far as I can tell. I set the CPU to 180% and did 20 pummels and he was at 211 after (20 * 1.55% = 31).

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Yet another confirmation for MK:
:4metaknight:N-Air landing lag was reduced from 20 frames to 14-15 frames.
It may be 16 frames. I'd like a 2nd opinion on the exact frame.

Last edited:

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
His pummel is unchanged as far as I can tell. I set the CPU to 180% and did 20 pummels and he was at 211 after (20 * 1.55% = 31).
Yup, you are right. Curse the Training Mode thing-a-ma-doodle over there. I'll mark out that detail.

SeanTronathon

Smash Rookie
Bowser used to be able to dash to the edge, Koopa Claw backward and slide off, canceling the grab animation if the timing was right. You could just grab ledge, or jump and fire out a back air at just above stage height, or you could fast fall and do various aerials while still facing the edge and being able to snap to it quickly.

Sadly this was taken out in 1.0.8. You can still run off and Koopa Claw backward, but you have to fall a ways and let the grab animation finish before you can jump back to the ledge or do anything else. I'm heartbroken!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom