• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 to be shown at Next Nintendo Direct

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Great news, can't wait for it! I hope for some gameplay footage, I'd like to see some of the similarities/differences between Smash 4 & the previous installments.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No i meant thats all they show completly like at E3 thats all they show and no news untill then.

Thats what i meant is that ok?

*sits back and waits for insults*
Welp, that's a different story. No, I'm expecting a trailer, and they'd be shooting themselves in their own foot if they don't show more than the title and a few images. No hype is one of the worst things a video game developer can face, though a series like Smash Bros can't avoid hype, it's still best to make the most out of it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We will get a trailer AND a title and a few pictures in the direct.

We got this when A Link to the Past 2 was revealed in the Nintendo Direct. I don't see why they wouldn't do that for smahsh.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We will get a trailer AND a title and a few pictures in the direct.

We got this when A Link to the Past 2 was revealed in the Nintendo Direct. I don't see why they wouldn't do that for smahsh.
Because Smash Bros is the one title along with Mario Kart that is sure to sell millions of consoles, and while ALTTP2 is big news, it's not even on scale with a regular 3D Zelda, so no way it can match up to the best selling party games that Nintendo has. If they blow the trailer too early, there's a chance that they'll get less interest at E3. Though I do find it unlikely that they'll talk about the game and show pictures before actually showing the trailer, so you're probably not too far out there, they could use E3 to show pictures and talk details, while just showing the trailer on Nintendo Direct.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Because Smash Bros is the one title along with Mario Kart that is sure to sell millions of consoles, and while ALTTP2 is big news, it's not even on scale with a regular 3D Zelda, so no way it can match up to the best selling party games that Nintendo has. If they blow the trailer too early, there's a chance that they'll get less interest at E3. Though I do find it unlikely that they'll talk about the game and show pictures before actually showing the trailer, so you're probably not too far out there, they could use E3 to show pictures and talk details, while just showing the trailer on Nintendo Direct.
I'm guessing they'll give us the title of the game, talk about in general, and possibly give us a trailer. But the trailer might be shown at E3 along with newcomers and mechanics to create more hype.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm guessing they'll give us the title of the game, talk about in general, and possibly give us a trailer. But the trailer might be shown at E3 along with newcomers and mechanics to create more hype.
Exactly the same I expect, if we're lucky we'll get the trailer, but I won't mind if it's hold out until E3, which I kind of expect it to.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Exactly the same I expect, if we're lucky we'll get the trailer, but I won't mind if it's hold out until E3, which I kind of expect it to.
To be honest, I really want to trailer to be shown at E3 instead June 4th because my exams will end at June 9th, at which I will be able to stream E3 with my friends and get hype over the trailer.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That's awesome.... the only thing that will make it better is if they announce Professor Layton for the game too. Just speculating....

Then it's pretty much less than 3 weeks left of waiting to go. It gets more exciting as each day passes. Should they show Smash4, wonder what stuff will they show. A random trailer, some pictures, or even just a peak at a new character or 2, or maybe just the official name of the game. W/e it is, the more updates about the game, the better, so get your bodies ready!
My body is so ready.... all the hype and speculation fulfilled in one moment! I feel like a Purple Pikmin!!!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That's awesome.... the only thing that will make it better is if they announce Professor Layton for the game too. Just speculating....
Oh God If I see Professor Layton in that trailer I can die of happiness!:crazy::b::reverse:

It will also be the first time where I would find out my most wanted character gets confirmed before the game is out anywhere.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh God If I see Professor Layton in that trailer I can die of happiness!:crazy::b::reverse:

It will also be the first time where I would find out my most wanted character gets confirmed before the game is out anywhere.
I wish I could like your post twice.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
23 days before E3 so maybe we should find something to do, like paint.

[Legend]

Smash Cadet
No i meant thats all they show completly like at E3 thats all they show and no news untill then.

Thats what i meant is that ok?

*sits back and waits for insults*
I think I'd still be alright. Just confirming the game being in existence and not an elaborate figment of my imagination would be enough for me lol

volbound1700

Smash Master
People are saying they are not expecting much but a trailer. What else can they provide but a trailer? A Trailer would be huge and should be what Nintendo provides. However, Nintendo has been shooting themselves in the foot and I wouldn't be surprised if they did something dumb like that with this event. (See recent charges for Play It youtube videos).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
People are saying they are not expecting much but a trailer. What else can they provide but a trailer? A Trailer would be huge and should be what Nintendo provides. However, Nintendo has been shooting themselves in the foot and I wouldn't be surprised if they did something dumb like that with this event. (See recent charges for Play It youtube videos).
The Let's Play advertisment thing doesn't reflect the minds of the actual game creators. Nintendo have people dedicated to running their business, and apparently they felt like screwing over Let's Plays. Sakurai and Namco Bandai are probably gonna be in charge of whether or not we'll see a trailer this year, and what's gonna be in it. And since they have nothing to do with Nintendo's general business it's not really fair to reflect that move upon them.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Good news! Hopefully it'll be on the Sunday before E3 so I can geek out. If they do it prior to E3 that Tuesday, I have a summer class that Tuesday, but I should be able to at least see everything that morning. Details will have to come later.

I'm so excited!!

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Gee, I feel somewhat sad because it is usually during E3 time when we get such things. Sadly I would most likely be at work that day. So I will see it after unless something happens like GYM or such.

Come to think of it, what if they only show some images and leave the trailer or some big revelation for later?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I can picture it now.
Iwata: Hello. We are. Preas to give. In fo may shun. On Supah. Sumash. Broseaur. Wii U.
*Reggie and Sakurai step in next to Iwata, Sakurai starts beatboxing*
Reggie: LISTEN UP MUTHAFU#$%#$ I GOT THE NEWS
SMASH BROS MARIO KART AND PIKMIN TOO

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Hype... hard to contain!

Anything at this point will please me, the dam is about to burst and our drought will finally be over.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Umm...folks. Read the tweet please

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/20/mario...io-promised-for-next-nintendo-direct-3801321/
They simply said they will TALK about smash bros. Nothing more. They could say "We are planning to release smash by the end of 2014" and thats it. Don't get your hopes up.
You are taking it too literally. lol

A fighting game can't simply be "talked" about. If you want your viewers to understand and remember anything, screenshots and/or footage are a must.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
But would they? All that hype.... would be killed. That's just bad marketing.
I agree, Smash Bros. will be revealed with a trailer. That's pretty much the only sure thing imho.
When is the problem. I know that we'll have to wait 18 days tops (only 18 goddamn) but I still hope they make a Direct this week or the next one, on Friday like they did last time. Maybe a trailer one of these days, and actual gameplay footage on June 11th?

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
one of my good friends is a manager at best buy im so going to pay him off for a copy of the demo to the game if there is a playable demo

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Umm...folks. Read the tweet please

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/20/mario...io-promised-for-next-nintendo-direct-3801321/
They simply said they will TALK about smash bros. Nothing more. They could say "We are planning to release smash by the end of 2014" and thats it. Don't get your hopes up.
Usually when they say they will discuss a game, that means it's more than saying "Coming Soon." Nintendo has said for a long while that they are showing the game off at E3. The next Direct is for E3.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just over 2 weeks to go? Sweet!

Top Bottom