• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

Until something goes on with Non-Specific Action figure, he can't be added to the chart.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo is pretty quiet when it comes to history with the Virtual Boy.
It's very unlikely anything from it will be wanted in Smash.

D

Deleted member

There wasn't a consideration list.
It was just a list of characters brought up in e-mails to him.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well lets skip over the Virtual Boy and be pleasantly surprised if/when he's announced.

We've made good progress so far. Unless we have amazing forsight and do one for future Nintendo series I guess it's on to the third parties next.

D

Deleted member

Moving on to the 3rd Parties, I think it'd be safe to have Sonic on his own at this point, don't you think? Not so much Snake, because not only do we not have any indication of his fate, but we also have very little potential options.

So, before we start the 3rd Parties, should we have Sonic and pals, or just keep Sonic alone with the other guests?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
well, since nintendo and sega are on a deal with sonic, possibly we COULD see more sonic characters. so yeah, lets see the sonic.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think we should simply provide varies Sonic characters along with the varies other third party choices. The most notable ones are Tails, Dr. Eggman, and Shadow anyway.

D

Deleted member

I would say that at least Knuckles, Amy, and Metal should be added along with them, and leave it at them.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Right, so basically.

Sonic
Tails
Dr. Eggman
Shadow
Knuckles
Amy
Metal Sonic

Now for other third party choices, that's a difficult one. The ones from Namco are a given, but others are a much larger crapshot. Not to mention if we use every single one we'd have one long ass list. I'd suggest these ones at least for the consideration slots.

-Rayman
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Bayonetta
-Simon Belmont
-Bomberman
-Final Fantasy character
-Dragon Quest character
-Shin Megami Tensei character (probably Jack Frost)

D

Deleted member

Right, so basically.

Sonic
Tails
Dr. Eggman
Shadow
Knuckles
Amy
Metal Sonic

Now for other third party choices, that's a difficult one. The ones from Namco are a given, but others are a much larger crapshot. Not to mention if we use every single one we'd have one long *** list. I'd suggest these ones at least for the consideration slots.

-Rayman
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Bayonetta
-Simon Belmont
-Bomberman
-Final Fantasy character
-Dragon Quest character
-Shin Megami Tensei character (probably Jack Frost)
I'm really hesitant on including 3rd Parties on the chart willy-nilly without any proper reasoning. Otherwise, anyone can be suggested.
I mean, I guess Simon can be on because Kojima, and Bayonetta because of the sequel and how Nintendo and Sega are kind of chummy right now, but other than that, I'm hard pressed to feel compelled to include a lot more...

At least not until a company or a series director shows interest. (So no Simon, yet.) This means characters like Travis Touchdown will be included. (No Meat Boy)
As such, the Tekken characters are actually being removed, since Harada did mention that he is holding back on the idea due to it probably not being what the Smash fanbase would want, and that he's not going to talk to Sakurai about it.
With Tales, we know Yoshi-to wants to have a Tales character in the game (as does Yoshizumi), so the Tales characters will stay.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Tales character because of what's been said already + Namco Bandai

DQ or FF holds up because just look at Sports Mix, Hoops 3 on 3, and Fortune Street.

Shin Megami Tensei... Hi SMT x Fire Emblem, though honestly, a lot more of the games came out on PS2.

Quote's game got re-released twice, so that's something.

Rayma- well if Rayman Legends was still exclusive I'd hold this up more.

And of course Megaman because Megaman.

D

Deleted member

-If I included DQ and FF because of that, I'd have to include every guest character appearance in a Nintendo game or vice versa, wouldn't I? You'd be surprised with how many there are.

-Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem? Meet Pokémon X Nobunaga's Ambition (known outside Japan as Pokémon Conquest). Including SMT characters would mean Nobunaga's Ambition characters were fair game. I'm pretty sure no one is expecting the fictionalized version of Nobunaga Oda to be a guest in Smash, with or without his shiny Rayquaza from Conquest.

-Quote having a re-released game is absolutely worthless in this situation. He isn't a heavily demanded character, his home company isn't working on Smash, and his creator has not shown any interest in Smash Bros. whatsoever. He doesn't even have guest appearances or crossover appearances going for him like the above series.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If we can include characters like Kyle Hyde, or Doshin, or the Magical Starsign/Vacation characters, that c'mon... aren't going to be playable, and really only have the fact that they're Nintendo characters going for them but hardly anything else, I don't think the bar is set that high. I mean, I agree if there's almost no reason to include like Quote or... I dunno, Cloud or Sora or someone, then I can understand their omission, but considering who's been included in the chart so far, I don't think it would be that bad to include characters like Slime, or Ryu Hayabusa, or Tekken characters for example. Ofc they don't have as much going for them as like Mega Man or Pac-Man or something, and chances are they won't get in, but they do have more than nothing, unlike the former third parties I first mentioned (excluding general non-Smash-related popularity) and honestly some of the first-party choices as well.

Just my thought though, it's your chart Golden, so it's your call as always.

D

Deleted member

All Nintendo characters theoretically have a chance until denied.
Same cannot be said for non-Nintendo characters. Especially those that have been practically denied for this upcoming game like the Tekken characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So how about these criteria for us to add third parites?

1. Follows Sakurai's 4 criteria
2. Has had at least one Nintendo exclusive. (Metal Gear's was The Twin Snakes)
3. There is sourced info or quotes that either Nintendo or the company are interested.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
After the recent news, I've com to think that a second Sonic rep is not that out of the blue (Sonic himself is basically confirmed).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just gonna leave a suggestion: How about Maxwell? Before Unlimited being a WiiU, 3DS and PC game, Scribblenauts was a Nintendo exclusive that garnered quite a bit of acclaim. Not to mention, they're pretty chummy with Nintendo, having some of their characters, like Mario, Peach, Luigi, Bowser, Link, Toad, Zelda, Sheik, and Ganondorf, notably, appear in Unlimited.

Just throwing it out there. Not the greatest chance due to so little demand, but I feel he's worth mentioning.

D

Deleted member

So how about these criteria for us to add third parites?

1. Follows Sakurai's 4 criteria
2. Has had at least one Nintendo exclusive. (Metal Gear's was The Twin Snakes)
3. There is sourced info or quotes that either Nintendo or the company are interested.
That criteria works for me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I suggest Meat Boy.:troll:

He cameos in some WiiWare titles, and his creators want Nintendo to ... err,... ****ing add him to the game already. :troll: :laugh:

Top Bottom