• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Speculation Chart [WE UPDATE NOW]

D

Deleted member

Great post.

Interesting that Roy appears to be by far the most hated FE character in that crowd with only Micaiah coming anywhere near.
Yet, I'm the one being biased around here....

Goodnight people.

D

Deleted member

What I want is proof.
Not random barrel scraping such as how many people post in a thread, the content of what those people are posting, or number of pages of discussion in that thread.

Now, GM's poll, that's legitimate proof. Now, why couldn't you have supplied it and shown me you have any sort of credibility?
But at the same, all the poll does is show that Lyn is more popular than Micaiah on Serenes Forest. Yay, useless trivia.
Still doesn't change the fact that Sakurai really doesn't give a **** about who is more popular in the West.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
As for me managing to create support for a dead character. For one considering there is no Roy support thread on this board, I dunno how you can make that claim.
Roy is on the veterans sub-board. Him and Mewtwo have the biggest two specific character support topics on this site.

However, I won't deny that Roy DOES have more support than Lyn as that much is obvious. Still, I really haven't done anything for Lyn outside of make a thread, create a concept to express my ideas and shut up the naysayers, and mention her occasionally when I deem it necessary
You have brought her up in the roster discussion thread almost every chance you got for several months. That directed people and interested people in the Lyn thread. If there was an Anna supporter who performed the same actions that you did, the Anna thread would be experiencing the same things as the Lyn thread.

Also, within the context of the Lyn thread, even amongst female newcomers, her support topic is tiny.

Palutena, Dixie Kong, Lip, Dark Samus, and Daisy all have bigger support topics than Lyn does, which according to your logic, means she is not even within the Top 5 most wanted female newcomers on this site.

. If anything, I'm a lot less vocal about my support than a lot of other people around here, at least I try to be.

If I was as aggressive as you say, I'd have the Lyn support thread on my sig and I'd be mentioning at every opportunity to get as many supporters as I can. However, since I realize (unlike a lot of people), that Smash Bros. isn't a goddman popularity contest, I don't bother.
You actually did this for a few months.

Also, I already laid out the problems with that fan-poll (only measures a small hardcore segment of the FE fanbase). However, it does show that Lyn as lord does have an overly negative perception among the hardcore Western FE fans too.

In Japan, Roy is very popular among FE fans as well in addition to Smash Bros. fans.

For Lyn, even in the West, Hector has more popularity among FE fans, and among Smash Bros. threre is currently less interest in seeing her playable than Anna and Lucina.

You might say her popularity has held better among Smash Bros. fans than Micaiah (perhaps only slightly so), however, the problem is that she has not been a popular request for Smash Bros. since 2007. Since then the baton for the most wanted female FE character passed on to Micaiah, then Caeda/Sheeda, and now Anna and Lucina.

Playing the devil's advocate, even if she were noticeably more popular than Micaiah, she is currently less popular than Lucina and Anna. And to make things worse, Lucina and Anna have far less interest for Smash 4 than Roy and Chrom. So she is buried under at least four characters, so what difference does it make if she were a taller ****** than Micaiah?

As I said before, I don't think Micaiah (or Midna for that matter) belong on this list either. However, there is more solid ground for Lucina and Anna to be on it than the both of them (Lyn and Micaiah).

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
Poképun aside, there is no reason to speculate even a replacement. Especially one that isn't a player Trainer like N or Cynthia.
The Trainer and his Pokémon were added for a reason, and it certainly wasn't to be modern, or we would have a Gen 3 Trainer in Brawl. (Gen 3 was the latest Gen before the finalization and Emerald was the last game released before the roster was finalized as well).
There is no reason to even speculate it? How could you be so dismissive? I want to clarify that I don't personally think this is likely. I do however acknowledge that modern characters have replaced or been included into the roster over a veteran character in the past. I have also heard the idea of a new PKMN trainer suggested several times on here. A decent chunk of people do seriously consider it a possibility. Adding PKMN Trainer Unova doesn't break any rules-- we aren't talking about Goku here.

Here's my reason that this is a possibility then, if you need one:
-Characters have gotten more modern equivalents or replacements in the past
-There is decent/good demand for this to happen.

Is that not enough? I don't know what you are expecting.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Great post.

Interesting that Roy appears to be by far the most hated FE character in that crowd with only Micaiah coming anywhere near.
Those are hardcore Western FE fans. The overwhelming majority of Western FE fans (over 90%) has not even played FE6.

Secondly, you are ignoring that among Japanese FE fans, Roy is the most popular GBA lord.

Weighing the opinion of the entirety of a mainstream fanbase (the entirety of the Japanese FE fanbase) versus a portion of the hardcore Western FE fans, whose opinion would you say matters more?

Most Western FE fans have only played FE7, FE8, FE9, FE10, FE11, and FE13. So really you can only really measure their opinions from those games overall.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
What is great about that poll is that its measuring the opinions of those who know a great deal about all of these lords, not just the ones that appeared before the massive smashbros fan base.
We should be looking at polls like this because its not as contaminated with the extreme bias that comes along with being smashbros character.

Had everyone of these characters been in brawl or melee, and every smash fan been equally exposed to each, we may have our own polls more so replicating this one.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Those are hardcore Western FE fans. The overwhelming majority of Western FE fans (over 90%) has not even played FE6.

Secondly, you are ignoring that among Japanese FE fans, Roy is the most popular GBA lord.

Weighing the opinion of the entirety of a mainstream fanbase (the entirety of the Japanese FE fanbase) versus a portion of the hardcore Western FE fans, whose opinion would you say matters more?

Most Western FE fans have only played FE7, FE8, FE9, FE10, FE11, and FE13. So really you can only really measure their opinions from those games overall.
Wut?
I just said it was interesting that the FE fans find him so hateable. Didn't infer anything from that.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What is great about that poll is that its measuring the opinions of those who know a great deal about all of these lords, not just the ones that appeared before the massive smashbros fan base.
We should be looking at polls like this because its not as contaminated with the extreme bias that comes along with being smashbros character.

Had everyone of these character been in brawl or melee, and every smash fan been equally exposed to each, we may have our own polls more so replicating this one.
The problem is that you are forgetting the Japanese FE fanbase. The fanbase that even received every single FE game. Amongst those people, Roy is the most popular GBA lord.

Secondly, that poll reflects badly on Lyn too, she it shows overall there is more a negative opinion of her than a positive one (she received far more negative votes than positive ones).

Roy is popular among the Japanese FE fanbase, the Japanese Smash Bros. fanbase, and the Western Smash Bros. fanbase, and only a small portion of the Western FE fanbase does not like him.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wut?
I just said it was interesting that the FE fans find him so hateable. Didn't infer anything from that.
Its not interesting. Its pretty much common knowledge that among Western FE fans that weaker lords are less popular. Why do you think Micaiah and Lyn received a lot of dislike votes as well?

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
The problem is that you are forgetting the Japanese FE fanbase. The fanbase that even received every single FE game. Amongst those people, Roy is the most popular GBA lord.

Secondly, that poll reflects badly on Lyn too, she it shows overall there is more a negative opinion of her than a positive one (she received far more negative votes than positive ones).

Roy is popular among the Japanese FE fanbase, the Japanese Smash Bros. fanbase, and the Western Smash Bros. fanbase, and only a small portion of the Western FE fanbase does not like him.
Firstly, as much as I like Lyn, I'm not rooting for her.
Secondly, you're assuming that the japanese couldn't also be influenced by melee too. Seriously, the amount of fanart coming from japan and western audiences depicting Marth and Roy (who actually have no connection to each other) is uncanny. Had somebody like leif been the one in melee, I bet that artwork and your polls would be a lot different.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Had everyone of these characters been in brawl or melee, and every smash fan been equally exposed to each, we may have our own polls more so replicating this one.
Yes, in a way you would have to say that their opinions should be more important. Smash fans are going to buy the game anyway and whichever Lord is in the game will become popular amongst them anyway!

Where as to a FE fan the particular character is more likely to make a big difference.

But popularity amongst smash fans is important too ofcourse, as well as having the advantage of Sakurai's dislike of cutting characters.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
At this point, I do find Micaiah and Minda to be be very sketchy additions to this chart. I could say Geno too, but at least the character still has some relative popularity (somehow) to this day.

D

Deleted member

There is no reason to even speculate it? How could you be so dismissive? I want to clarify that I don't personally think this is likely. I do however acknowledge that modern characters have replaced or been included into the roster over a veteran character in the past. I have also heard the idea of a new PKMN trainer suggested several times on here. A decent chunk of people do seriously consider it a possibility. Adding PKMN Trainer Unova doesn't break any rules-- we aren't talking about Goku here.

Here's my reason that this is a possibility then, if you need one:
-Characters have gotten more modern equivalents or replacements in the past
-There is decent/good demand for this to happen.

Is that not enough? I don't know what you are expecting.
-There is only one example of a "modern" replacement, and that is Toon Link as a replacement of Young Link. And you have to remember that Toon Link (known before Brawl as "Cat Eyes Link" in Japan) being a replacement was a generally popular idea worldwide.
-"Decent/good" demand? Try "near non-existant". Just because a small minority suggested the idea on these boards doesn't mean it is reasonable to believe as a possibility. Not even Japan wants this to happen.

If being "modern" was important, we would have had Emerald Brendan/May with Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken in Brawl.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Its not interesting. Its pretty much common knowledge that among Western FE fans that weaker lords are less popular. Why do you think Micaiah and Lyn received a lot of dislike votes as well?
I found it interesting......

It wasn't exactly a popularity poll though. It was asking which lord they hate which I don't think would necessarily be explained by being weaker.

Someone should make a poll on that site asking which character they would most prefer to be in SSB.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Firstly, as much as I like Lyn, I'm not rooting for her.
Secondly, you're assuming that the japanese couldn't also be influenced be melee too. Seriously, the amount of fanart coming from japan and western audiences depicting Marth and Roy (who actually have no connection to each other) is uncanny. Had somebody like leif been the one in melee, I bet that artwork and your polls would be a lot different.
You could say that for almost every FE character. Even Ike would be nowhere near as popular as he is right now had he not appeared in Brawl. Smash Bros. is a popularity boost even for characters outside FE.

Roy is popular in Japan not just due to Melee. FE6 was the game that helped revive the series in Japan, and for many current FE fans in Japan, FE6 was the game they started with. For people who started with the GBA FE trilogy in general in Japan, Roy is seen as the face of the GBA trilogy in Japan (he leads both the armies of Elibe and Magvel in the Red vs. Blue DLC arc for FE13). You also have Hasha no Tsurigi (a FE6 tie-in manga), which was a manga that ran in Shonen Jump for a bit, that helped Roy's popularity too (he does some really cool feats in it).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I found it interesting......

It wasn't exactly a popularity poll though. It was asking which lord they hate which I don't think would necessarily be explained by being weaker.
Being weak is a very strong part of it.

I know a lot about the FE fanbase (both Western and Japanese). I even imported the Japanese FE games (I do not pirate ROMs), and beaten them all on my consoles. I even SS ranked FE5, and wrote the single most detailed review there is for FE5. My knowledge for FE is extremely extensive, so I am able to tell you what I am saying with good confidence.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
You could say that for almost every FE character. Even Ike would be nowhere near as popular as he is right now had he not appeared in Brawl. Smash Bros. is a popularity boost even for characters outside FE.

Roy is popular in Japan not just due to Melee. FE6 was the game that helped revive the series in Japan, and for many current FE fans in Japan, FE6 was the game they started with. For people who started with the GBA FE trilogy in general in Japan, Roy is seen as the face of the GBA trilogy in Japan (he leads both the armies of Elibe and Magvel in the Red vs. Blue DLC arc for FE13). You also have Hasha no Tsurigi (a FE6 tie-in manga), which was a manga that ran in Shonen Jump for a bit, that helped Roy's popularity too (he does some really cool feats in it).
There were a lot of FE mangas. FE6 wasn't the only one.

Plus sakurai was successful in promoting the series/upcoming game with Roy. Smashbros is largely responsible for its success just as Sakurai intended. Smashbros did this and FE6 was lucky to be at the right place at the right time.

P.S. Even if you ignore what I just said. There are still other FE games that were way more successful in Japan.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
There were a lot of FE mangas. FE6 wasn't the only one.

Plus sakurai was successful in promoting the series/upcoming game with Roy. Smashbros is largely responsible for its success just as Sakurai intended. Smashbros did this and FE6 was lucky to be at the right place at the right time.
Hasha no Tsurigi is the only one in which in which Intelligent Systems was involved with (and the only one to run in Shonen Jump), and the original characters for it (Al, Gant, and Tiena) were all referenced in FE6.

Its definitely the most popular of the FE mangas.

Secondly, you can't say FE6 was successful solely due to Melee. Fire Emblem was already a popular series in Japan.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Hasha no Tsurigi is the only one in which in which Intelligent Systems was involved with (and the only one to run in Shonen Jump), and the original characters for it (Al, Gant, and Tiena) were all referenced in FE6.

Its definitely the most popular of the FE mangas.

Secondly, you can't say FE6 was successful solely due to Melee. Fire Emblem was already a popular series in Japan.
Obviously I can't pin all of the sales on melee. There of course were going to be FE fans that would buy it anyways. But I can counter the statement
FE6 was the game that helped revive the series in Japan,
by saying that it was smashbros that helped revive the series in japan.

ssbHex

Smash Apprentice
-There is only one example of a "modern" replacement, and that is Toon Link as a replacement of Young Link. And you have to remember that Toon Link (known before Brawl as "Cat Eyes Link" in Japan) being a replacement was a generally popular idea worldwide.
-"Decent/good" demand? Try "near non-existant". Just because a small minority suggested the idea on these boards doesn't mean it is reasonable to believe as a possibility. Not even Japan wants this to happen.

If being "modern" was important, we would have had Emerald Brendan/May with Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken in Brawl.
Have you individually looked at each suggested character's popularity on each board? There is a decent amount of people here who've suggested it, but have you actually looked around? Or are you just assuming? You seem to know exactly how popular each character is in each individual region. It doesn't even make sense. So to me there are 2 possibilities:

1. You actually don't.
2. This is your full-time job.

I'm not even sure which I'm more inclined to believe.

And I'd argue there is more than just the Toon Link example. Now I know what you're going to say, Roy wasn't replaced by Ike, and Mewtwo wasn't replaced by Lucario since they were both intended to be in the game, but that if they were planned for Brawl but were cut due to time restraints (which we don't even know!). But even if that's true, the fact remains that Ike and Lucario still got priority during development.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Obviously I can't pin all of the sales on melee. There of course were going to be FE fans that would buy it anyways. But I can counter the statement

by saying that it was smashbros that helped revive the series in japan.
Yeah, Melee did help bring some interest to FE6 in Japan, Sakurai himself too was probably worried about the state of the series in Japan at the time (Sakurai is a very big fan of Fire Emblem himself).

However, keep in mind that Sakurai also selected Roy because he though he could represent the series as a whole better than any other character at the time (aside from Marth obviously) and because when looking at options for a Marth-clone, he thought he stood out more than anyone else at the time due to his fire sword.

Overall, Sakurai made a wise choice. You can complain that Roy got his popularity from Melee, although the same could be said for Ike too (both in Japan and the West), and Marth (in the West). Its really biased to simply single out Roy. As I said before, this goes beyond just Fire Emblem for Smash Bros. (look at Jigglypuff (in the West), Captain Falcon, Ness, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Sheik, Marth (in the West), Ike, ROB, Pit, Lucas, and possibly Lucario).

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Just because a small minority suggested the idea on these boards doesn't mean it is reasonable to believe as a possibility. Not even Japan wants this to happen.
Yeah I'm good mates with Japan and he said that he doesn't want another pokemon trainer.

In all seriousness, I actually think another Pokemon trainer probably deserves a spot on the chart.
It would be the best way to represent the new generation of pokemon (X&Y).
The only thing that makes it unlikely is the amount of work required to create three separate movesets. NewTwo also presents an opportunity to represent X&Y.

Ofcourse having modern representations is important. That's why we had Lucario.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Yeah, Melee did help bring some interest to FE6 in Japan, Sakurai himself too was probably worried about the state of the series in Japan at the time (Sakurai is a very big fan of Fire Emblem himself).

However, keep in mind that Sakurai also selected Roy because he though he could represent the series as a whole better than any other character at the time (aside from Marth obviously) and because when looking at options for a Marth-clone, he thought he stood out more than anyone else at the time due to his fire sword.

Overall, Sakurai made a wise choice. You can complain that Roy got his popularity from Melee, although the same could be said for Ike too (both in Japan and the West), and Marth (in the West). Its really biased to simply single out Roy. As I said before, this goes beyond just Fire Emblem for Smash Bros. (look at Jigglypuff (in the West), Captain Falcon, Ness, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Sheik, Marth (in the West), Ike, ROB, Pit, Lucas, and possibly Lucario).
I can agree that he was a good choice for the time but since then we have more than doubled the lords of the series.

I'm giving this argument because I don't think Roy's monopolizing popularity over the smashbros community should be what obliterates the chances of other great lords from the series.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I can agree that he was a good choice for the time but since then we have more than doubled the lords of the series.

I'm giving this argument because I don't think Roy's monopolizing popularity over the smashbros community should be what obliterates the chances of other great lords from the series.
The problem is that Roy is also popular among the Japanese FE fanbase, and for many Western FE fans, Roy being in Melee (including myself) was what made them check out the Fire Emblem series in the first place (many people who bought FE7 funny enough thought Eliwood was Roy).

Roy could still help bring people to Fire Emblem, and in terms of characters people want for Smash 4, he is among the most wanted characters overall (within the Top 10 in the West, and the second most wanted character in Japan).

Your complaints about there being "more worthy" lords or "more interesting" lords is pretty subjective. For many people, Roy is the most worthy lord due to how much they loved in Melee (in the West) or due to how much they liked FE6 and Hasha no Tsurigi (in Japan).

Secondly, you are assuming that FE would just be locked at three slots. As I said before, Sakurai himself is a big fan of Fire Emblem, and gave the series two playable characters despite the series having only been released in Japan, and more major franchises at the time (DK and Kirby) only being stuck with one playable character. Sakurai also intended to give FE three playable characters in Brawl.

What's stopping Sakurai from just giving us Marth, Roy, Ike, and an FE13 rep/Anna? If Roy and Ike are still popular and beloved characters, and if he feels compelled to have someone rep FE13 (Chrom/Lucina/My Unit/Anna), and if he has the time, why not do it? And even if he does not have the time, DLC could give him the option to eventually adding in any scrapped characters.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Roy could still help bring people to Fire Emblem, and in terms of characters people want for Smash 4, he is among the most wanted characters overall (within the Top 10 in the West, and the second most wanted character in Japan).
Out of curiosity, is this over every other possible Smash Brothers Candidate or just Fire Emblem?

And regardless of which one, could you share who is currently number #1 in this list?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Out of curiosity, is this over every other possible Smash Brothers Candidate or just Fire Emblem?

And regardless of which one, could you share who is currently number #1 in this list?
I am talking about every other possible Smash Bros. 4 newcomer candidate. As for which character is wanted more than Roy in Japan, its Mewtwo.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Going by the "official" polls, Mega Man in the west, Mewtwo in the east.
There is no "poll" in Japan, but rather the observations myself and others have had.

Overall, the Japanese Top 5 consists of Mewtwo, Roy, Mega Man, K. Rool, and Palutena. There is also very strong support for the idea of a Tales character, but they can't agree on who it should be.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
The problem is that Roy is also popular among the Japanese FE fanbase, and for many Western FE fans, Roy being in Melee (including myself) was what made them check out the Fire Emblem series in the first place (many people who bought FE7 funny enough thought Eliwood was Roy).

Your complaints about there being "more worthy" lords or "more interesting" lords is pretty subjective. For many people, Roy is the most worthy lord due to how much they loved in Melee (in the West) or due to how much they liked FE6 and Hasha no Tsurigi (in Japan).

Secondly, you are assuming that FE would just be locked at three slots. As I said before, Sakurai himself is a big fan of Fire Emblem, and gave the series two playable characters despite the series having only been released in Japan, and more major franchises at the time (DK and Kirby) only being stuck with one playable character. Sakurai also intended to give FE three playable characters in Brawl.

What's stopping Sakurai from just giving us Marth, Roy, Ike, and an FE13 rep/Anna? If Roy and Ike are still popular and beloved characters, and if he feels compelled to have someone rep FE13 (Chrom/Lucina/My Unit/Anna), and if he has the time, why not do it? And even if he does not have the time, DLC could give him the option to eventually adding in any scrapped characters.
Roy's original propose of promoting the series is diminishing. If sakurai was looking for to do this again, he'd chose a recent or upcoming character for obvious reasons.

Also your idea of Roy being worthy is pretty subjective too because there are many other ways people can view a character as worthy other than the fame they've racked up over a 10 year period. Also you act like Roy is the only character people like, which is false. Give those characters a spot in SSB4 and they could easily exceed even Roy.

I'm trying to put the other potential reps in front of Roy in the list of priority. Although its not impossible that we get 4 reps, its still possible that we can 3, in which case those other fantastic characters lose if Roy is at #3. So my objective still stands.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Roy's original propose of promoting the series is diminishing. If sakurai was looking for to do this again, he'd chose a recent or upcoming character for obvious reasons.

Also your idea of Roy being worthy is pretty subjective too because there are many other ways people can view a character as worthy other than the fame they've racked up over a 10 year period.

I'm trying to put the other potential reps in front of Roy in the list of priority. Although its not impossible that we get 4 reps, its still possible that we can 3, in which case those other fantastic characters lose if Roy is at #3. So my objective still stands.
Roy still is an iconic face for the franchise though. Secondly, Roy has just as much potential to be unique as Chrom and Lucina do. Roy, Chrom, and Lucina could very easily end up as clone/semi-clones, so I am not sure what you are talking about when you talk about criteria aside from fame and popularity, especially within the context of Chrom and Lucina.

Secondly, while YOU want to put other potential reps in front of Roy, there is many, many people who rather have Roy in front of those characters that YOU want. As I said before, Roy is definitely the most wanted FE character for Smash 4 that was not playable in Brawl.

Also those other characters being "fantastic" is your opinion. For many others, Roy is just as fantastic too.

If Sakurai thinks Roy on his own merits warrants inclusion, he will get in, or Sakurai will intend to put him in. The same goes for any other character.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I find Roy to be an inferior Marth knockoff, but even I find him worthy enough to be brought back. Mainly because nothing else seems that interesting in comparison at the moment and I guess it would make most people happy. I'm not one of those people, but eh there wouldn't be any damage in particular that would be discouraging.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Not if you count Japan as well, as that is where majority of Micaiah's fanbase is (and Lyn is not really big over there)
During pre-Brawl in Japan, some of the people who wanted Micaiah in talked about one of the pluses
for including her was her voice actress. Its really weird in Japan that your actor/actress can actually contribute to a character's popularity (the biggest example of this is Black Shadow with Norio Wakamoto).

During pre-Brawl in Japan, some of the people who wanted Micaiah in talked about one of the pluses
for including her was her voice actress. Its really weird in Japan that your actor/actress can actually contribute to a character's popularity (the biggest example of this is Black Shadow with Norio Wakamoto).
That really happened?

I just want her because I find her a cool character and like the mage class (feeling it would help diversify the roster). Popularity and recency (as for the last home console one) come after.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Roy still is an iconic face for the franchise though.
Think honestly to yourself how much of that is actually true. I would say Marth is iconic but I would not give any other character a significantly larger claim to that title when its split between many. Saying Roy is a revolutionary character above others is just biased and untrue.
Secondly, Roy has just as much potential to be unique as Chrom and Lucina do. Roy, Chrom, and Lucina could very easily end up as clone/semi-clones, so I am not sure what you are talking about when you talk about criteria aside from fame and popularity, especially within the context of Chrom and Lucina.

Secondly, while YOU want to put other potential reps in front of Roy, there is many, many people who rather have Roy in front of those characters that YOU want. As I said before, Roy is definitely the most wanted FE character for Smash 4 that was not playable in Brawl.

Also those other characters being "fantastic" is your opinion. For many others, Roy is just as fantastic too.

If Sakurai thinks Roy on his own merits warrants inclusion, he will get in, or Sakurai will intend to put him in. The same goes for any other character.
I never said anything about Lucina or Chrom here.
Also I'm not alone in thinking other characters deserve to be in front of Roy. The same could be said that YOU want to put Roy in front of others and that Roy being such a great character is YOUR opinion.

You keep running back to the whole Roy is famous thing despite me trying to explain that new characters will grow to comparable popularities if they're actually in smash. This is really the only argument you have for Roy. Hes not the only character people want. He probably wont add anything new to the FE roster. Hes not the best to promote the series.

My choices for Fire Emblem (as of now) are:

-Marth
-Micaiah
-Chrom
-Robin

Possibly with Micaiah and Robin be console specifics (Micaiah for Wii U and Robin for 3DS)

Being able to transfer over later

Top Bottom