• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Here's what I ask.
Sure, many are iconic, but are they to Nintendo? We already have Sonic. After him, who's next?
With Luigi, Wario, and Yoshi. They're not only iconic, but a major part of Nintendo.
What about Sonic characters? The few that kinda come close are Tails (2nd most important; could be to Sonic what Luigi is to Mario) and Shadow (popularity).
The fact that a majority of Sonic's sidekicks have appeared on Nintendo systems as well as the fact that a majority of them have also starred in crossovers with Marioverse characters? That's more than enough for Sakurai to take a look at them.

Those are the same standards to which we hold other iconic gaming characters? Including third parties.

Why is it so hard to accept that Sonic's friends are iconic to gaming and Nintendo? Especially his Genesis era friends.

Tails is his Luigi.
Knuckles is kind of his Wario.
Robotonik is his Bowser.
Amy's kind of his Peach.

It's more deluded IMO to think that Sakurai would never look at that Genesis era for another Sonic rep. That's a major period of Nintendo history even if they were rivals at the time.

If any current third party franchise even DESERVES a second rep it's Sonic and honestly I'll be surprised if Sega doesn't ask for one to be present as part of Sonic's continued involvement in the Smash franchise.

I'd be fine with just Sonic, I'm just saying you guys treat it like it's never. And honestly that's the more deluded way to look at it IMO.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
So a lot of people over at the character prediction discussion thread are saying there won't be semi-clones because Sakurai is focusing on such unique characters like Rosalina, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer.

Does anybody understand this? Because if I recall correctly, Melee started out with reveals of a duo character which was brand new, a swapping character which was brand new, and Bowser and Peach who arguably unique in a game with 5 clone additions. Then Brawl started off with Snake, Zero Suit Samus, Meta Knight, and Pokemon Trainer which all introduced something new and had 3 semi-clone additions.

Why all of the sudden is having unique newcomers revealed early (which is perfectly normal and happened in every installment) suddenly suggest that there's probably not going to be semi-clones? This is nothing new so why is this suppose to suggest something different?

People always try to convince themselves there won't be semi-clones. So they can have those "shoe-in" characters they are so biased about. Because clones are always low priority...
Toon Link means nothing, does he?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can't say I would care too much about a second Sonic character. I suppose Tails, Eggman, or Knuckles would make sense and are important enough to warrant recognition to a degree.

Having said that, I can admit with bias on my part, I'd like a second Megaman character. There's so many that would be cool to play as. I just really like the cast of that series. Especially Megaman X, Bass and Zero are pretty cool too, but I don't like quite as much as Classic Megaman and Megaman X. But I know that, while not impossible, isn't super likely anyway. Seeing a character from a completely different is more plausible.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
日本語がお上手。リンクを載せるのはダメだったような…

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?

GOOGLE TRANSLATE DOES NOTHING!
Something about "My(His/Her/The/Etc.) Japanese is good. You put a link that didn't work/seemed pointless."

I don't know how the two statements are related.

EDIT: Mind you, I'm only teaching myself the language at a very slow rate...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Something about "My(His/Her/The/Etc.) Japanese is good. You put a link that didn't work/seemed pointless."

I don't know how the two statements are related.

EDIT: Mind you, I'm only teaching myself the language at a very slow rate...
Makes perfect sense actually.

How would I say?

Thank you!

Try typing the url directly!"

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Now I want that game really bad...

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Makes perfect sense actually.

How would I say?

Thank you!

Try typing the url directly!"
ありがとうございます!
そのままでURLをタイプすることをてみてください。
"Thank you!
Please try typing the URL directly/as is!"

I think I'm right... er, someone who is more fluent in the language might correct me on this but I believe this is correct.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
ありがとうございます!
そのままでURLをタイプすることをてみてください。
"Thank you!
Please try typing the URL directly/as is!"

I think I'm right... er, someone who is more fluent in the language might correct me on this but I believe this is correct.
Thanks hopefully this works!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh god...Youtube updated again and it keeps getting worse. I should be used to this by now.
Eh, the subscription page doesn't look that bad. It's barely a change at all. I much prefer those kinds of updates honestly.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh god...Youtube updated again and it keeps getting worse. I should be used to this by now.
I dunno, I don't think it's all that back. Plus, YouTube Center still works for me, so I have no complaints anyways. XD

Also, I went and got Premium for a little bit. I really only have it for the sake of a name change, though. ¦D

Edit: The hell? How did THAT happen? O_o

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I dunno, I don't think it's all that back. Plus, YouTube Center still works for me, so I have no complaints anyways. XD

Also, I wet and got Premium for a little bit. I really only have it for the sake of a name change, though. ¦D

Edit: The hell? How did THAT happen? O_o
I feel ya, baby. I'd be wet too if I got premium.

Shroob

Sup?
All things considered, I should get it too eventually... I didn't mean to use my real name as my user name. x_X

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think venus can help with the language barrier, swamp. I think she's more fluent.
I already got Venus to help but...

Wait a minute...

"She?"

XD

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
All things considered, I should get it too eventually... I didn't mean to use my real name as my user name. x_X
...That's your real name? I figured it was a simple character name. It is basic enough to be a real name, though. XD

I just got the $3 a month one and am gonna cancel the recurring payment once the name change goes through.

And by that, I mean whenever Virgilijus gets on and sees the PM I sent about it. No telling how long that'll take. ¦D;

I seriously wish I could just change it anytime like on KC:MM.

Now I know who you are...
You're that government spy "Rouge the Bat", aren't you!?

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Yes, indiddy~.

Bad puns aside, glad to see him back. :3

Shroob

Sup?
So, who said we weren't gettin anyone tonight? Told ya to expect the unexpected when it came to how Sakurai handles reveals.:troll:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Go nuts. (Or bananas)
@Xenoblaze

WHERE YOU AT?! WHERE YOU AT?! WHERE YOU AT?!

Seriously dude, You should stop saying chrom is not gonna be playable, you gonna jinx yourself bro. you have the jinxing gift.

And good, no dixie kong tag team, looks like alot of leaks died tonight. :smirk:

And nice to see that sakurai notices the US. (well duh cause retro is a western dev team... makes sense) maybe moar hope for ridley.

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
@Xenoblaze

WHERE YOU AT?! WHERE YOU AT?! WHERE YOU AT?!

Seriously dude, You should stop saying chrom is not gonna be playable, you gonna jinx yourself bro. you have the jinxing gift.

And good, no dixie kong tag team, looks like alot of leaks died tonight. :smirk:

And nice to see that sakurai notices the US. (well duh cause retro is a western company... makes sense) maybe moar hope for ridley.
Oh, don't say that...you'll break my heart.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, that's some dead leaks, which is nice.

The other is that I'm glad Diddy is back. Too bad Dixie isn't with him(or anywhere to be found), but I'd still like her to be in. I more prefer King K. Rool, of course.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
YES! Called it! Glad to see Diddy back.
Also…

Doesn't this look like it could be a poster for a movie or title card?

Shroob

Sup?
Well, considering that Yoshi's New Island doesn't come out in Japan til summer, is it safe to assume that a mid-March reveal for Yoshi is likely?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh, don't say that...you'll break my heart.
Aren't you supposed to be in a coma with your soul chained up to a giant golden gate that's guarding the world from an evil, demonic CatDog? ¦D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom