• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
So, anyone else see the newegg mario kart 8 pre order listing? It said there is a track creator.
If true, then my hype for that game will be almost on par with my hype for smash 4.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ugh, that sandworm. First playthrough I did a great job beating him down without losing any Pikmin, but right before my Pikmin finished him of he opened up one of his chasms, ate like 80% of my Pikmin, and killed one of my captains. The salt was real that day.

Still have to pick up W101. Been trying to be judicious with my spending right now since I've had to cut hours for classes, and my priorities have been on getting Pikmin 3 (got), 3D World (got), Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8 and Kirby: Triple Deluxe. Maybe if I have some money left over before Smash comes around I'll pick the game up.
How do you recommend to beat it? I'd look to see if you can get W101 used. This should entice you to buy the game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, anyone else see the newegg mario kart 8 pre order listing? It said there is a track creator.
If true, then my hype for that game will be almost on par with my hype for smash 4.
Track creator?! You serious?

Damn, it will be awesome if true. Depending on its versatility, of course. It would open the door to recreating tracks from previous games that didn't make the cut.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I still gotta finish Pikmin 3... Last time I played I got blue pikmin.
It takes for ever when you refuse to let any Pikmin die

Then I got side tracked with Batman: Origins and Pokémon X.
I just got Tropical Freeze too, I might finish up Pikmin before I touch DKC

ALSO: THE FUR! THE FUR!

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How do you recommend to beat it? I'd look to see if you can get W101 used. This should entice you to buy the game.
Hit-and-run. That's really all you can do. Make sure the falling rocks don't scatter your Pikmin after he pops up out of the ground. I'd have the other captains placed somewhere around the corners to help corral Pikmin. Also, there are hidden holes on the top of the stage with bomb rocks in them. I didn't discover this until after I beat the boss. You'll need Yellow Pikmin to reach them.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
So, Diddy/Dixie tag team is stupid.

Dixie as Diddy's alt is alright.

Ok.

Bye.
I honestly dont see the prob lol. My bad, I didnt ever hear that they wanted to have a duo in Brawl. I thought that was just something people were speculating would happen in Smash 4 for some reason. Having that Pink color of Diddy actually being Dixie is fine tbh, Im guessing thats not good enough for you?:dizzy:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Right now, I'm at the sandworm in Pikmin 3. I'm gonna try fight it when I get home this evening. It is a fun game though and I like that the dungeon setup from Pikmin 2 is not in this game. If I don't beat this sandworm, I can't do anything else.

I also just recently beat Wonderful 101. You pleabs that have a WiiU but don't have that game should go buy it NOW.
I was hyped for 101 but the demo turned me off and I didn't buy it; is the actual game experience significantly different then the demo?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was hyped for 101 but the demo turned me off and I didn't buy it; is the actual game experience significantly different then the demo?
More unite forms for one. It's a hard game and you will get your ass kicked on the first level.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
sakurai loves to show us pictures of fox getting pummeled hard as **** he dislikes his popularity thats why he brought in wolf to get him last game

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
ayyyye the homie Diddy Kong!

I haven't given up hope on K. Rool yet, but honestly, I feel like at this point in the game it's either going to be both him and Dixie getting in or just Dixie

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
More unite forms for one. It's a hard game and you will get your *** kicked on the first level.
It is a really hard game, which I like, but activating the different forms is my biggest issue.
When it works it works like a charm, but when it doesn't it's kind of frustrating. I wish the forms were simply cycled through a button press, rather than drawing a shape and hoping that the game knows what you wanted.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I draw the unite morphs that i can't do with the analogue stick. (Bomb and Hammer) I can always get them down without any issues.

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It wouldn't work as you wouldn't be able to do the assorted unite morphs of different sizes.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
They would have definitely have to change up the overall control scheme to make such a feature to work.

Example:
They could of implemented a mechanic where the player could simply hold down a button (once wonder power is chosen) to increase the morph size/power. The player would just need to release the button; so essentially they are just charging the move.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Track creator?! You serious?

Damn, it will be awesome if true. Depending on its versatility, of course. It would open the door to recreating tracks from previous games that didn't make the cut.
Surprisingly, I'm content with just using Custom Tracks. They aren't perfect but they're close enough.

Which makes me wonder how possible it'll be to do the whole CTGP thing on the Wii U once MK8 comes out. If at all.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I expect a track creator in the final Mario Kart, but I think a custom Battle Mode Stage is possible.
When would there be a final Mario Kart and why wait for something that may very well not happen?

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Was imagining the 3ds version of the new smash game to be made fully in the 2d style that Little Mac's intro video had. That would be so cool, I'm kinda sad now.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
New Sig for me.
SmashSig.png

Now, how do I actually add it? Do I need it's URL?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom