• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Aren't you supposed to be in a coma with your soul chained up to a giant golden gate that's guarding the world from an evil, demonic CatDog? ¦D
Meh, details. Elizabeth set me free...or something. Yeah, let's go with that.

Ahem! Anyway...back on topic.

Shroob

Sup?
I just wanna say... As someone who's been waiting for this monkey since December, I love ya all. Full homo love ya all.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

There is no "on topic" here, my friend. This is the Smash 4 Social Thread.

Rule #1 of the Smash 4 Social Thread: We don't talk about Smash 4 in the Smash 4 Social Thread.
Rule #2 of the Smash 4 Social Thread: We don't talk about Smash 4 in the Smash 4 Social Thread.
Rule #3 of the Smash 4 Social Thread: You cannot escape Impa when Diddy Kong brings it up in the thread. It's impossible.

Follow these rules and you'll fit in just fine.

So yeah, about that Diddy Kong. He's looking pretty damn good in Smash 4, if I do say so myself. ¦D

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
He has no style
Has no grace

This Kong
Has a funny face

He can handstand
When he needs to

And stretch his arms out
just for YOOOOOOU.

Oh. Wrong Kong.

----

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

Kind of sucks when you know that a brand new member has an expiration date. GL with that whole nyx thing

Also, the only thing i get from this picture

Is that diddy kong has been buffed, and that we are all dead men.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
One question. Why did people think Diddy was coming back as a Diddy-Dixie duo ICs style? Idk if they were trolling or whatever, the idea sounded stupid. I just hope that they realize Sakruai wouldn't pull something out of the blue like that. Im all for Dixie alt costume tho.

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Kind of sucks when you know that a brand new member has an expiration date. GL with that whole nyx thing

Also, the only thing i get from this picture

Is that diddy kong has been buffed, and that we are all dead men.
I'm not planning on going anywhere. And if by some miracle that DOES happen, I can blame all of you for not taking joy in life!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
One question. Why did people think Diddy was coming back as a Diddy-Dixie duo ICs style? Idk if they were trolling or whatever, the idea sounded stupid. I just hope that they realize Sakruai wouldn't pull something out of the blue like that. Im all for Dixie alt costume tho.
There is apparently evidence that Diddy and Dixy were planned as a duo for Brawl, but the idea didn't work out. So some people were thinking they would try again and revive the idea in this game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There is apparently evidence that Diddy and Dixy were planned as a duo for Brawl, but the idea didn't work out. So some people were thinking they would try again and revive the idea in this game.
It's not apparent. Sakurai even said he planned for them to be a team.

Also, if Zelda/Sheik is anything to note, you can't tell they're together by one appearing. This could be the same situation that happened with Zelda in Brawl. Nobody had any idea for sure if Sheik was coming back.

Now remember how a new Kong appears? They burst out of barrels. It's possible they could switch by jumping into a barrel and doing that. This is even present in Donkey Kong 64 as a special gimmick.

All I'm saying is Sakurai could be pulling a fast one on us and they might be a team. He didn't officially mention that Dixie isn't going to be there, so... let's wait and see.

For the record, I do think Diddy is solo, but Sakurai does love to troll...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To clarify I say apparently because I know nothing about the story or the evidence behind it, not because I'm implying the evidence is vague.
Ah, gotcha.

Actually, any of the transformation characters haven't been confirmed at all. Not even Final Smash ones. Odd, eh?

D

Deleted member

Ah, gotcha.

Actually, any of the transformation characters haven't been confirmed at all. Not even Final Smash ones. Odd, eh?
Giga Mac. Unless you're talking strictly previous ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep

So, Diddy/Dixie tag team is stupid.

Dixie as Diddy's alt is alright.

Ok.

Bye.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, like what has already been said, Sakurai did plan on having a Diddy + Dixie duo team in Brawl, and now that he has time and a new team on board, I think some people would like to see the idea revisited or think the duo has a possibility of returning. Though really, those people aren't at fault. Sakurai does like to add things he couldn't in previous installments, like characters, mechanics, maybe you could make the argument about stages, etc. However, adding Dixie does pose a major change to Diddy, and I'd prefer to see Diddy and Dixie by themselves (they're both unique enough imo). However, I wouldn't mind if the duo team idea is used on someone else (which I'm kinda interested how it would turn out now).

I'd prefer to see King K. Rool get in before any other DK character. In the end though, I'd probably cry if I don't see a DK newcomer.

Anyway, happy to see Diddy revealed. And he's looking pretty adorable!... Just gotta be careful of that Popgun... and those nanners. Dem trap fighters, yo! But that's why I like Diddy and I think he's pretty fun to learn in Brawl (though for me I suck, partly due to bad reflexes).

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
IMO, I don't see King K. Rool getting in this time :( If Sakurai chooses another DK rep, I'm going to say Dixie will be picked. I'd rather have King K. Rool though. I just really doubt that there will be two Donkey Kong newcomers. Then again, who knows. I need to stop looking at leaks because I actually start to believe them :facepalm:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I just got DKC: Tropical Freeze. And somehow I died on the first level. Can somebody explain what happend to me? I can't believe I died on the first level. What is going on? I love freakin' apes. But I died on the first level. How? Why? What?

Oh. And his fur looks furrier than furry.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
PSA to anyone considering getting Tropical Freeze today: Sunday, Best Buy is having a 20% off sale on all eShop cards, which means you can get a $50 dollar card for ten bucks off. Anyone who also happens to have the $5 Deluxe Digital Promotion reward (like mwa) will end up saving about $15 off the game. Good deal.

I'm all for an aptly timed reaction gif, but don't get too crazy with them (everyone).

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm waiting awhile to get both Tropical Freeze and Lightning Returns. I still have Pikmin 3, Xenoblade, and the last level of Returns to clear.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm waiting awhile to get both Tropical Freeze and Lightning Returns. I still have Pikmin 3, Xenoblade, and the last level of Returns to clear.
Quite an impressive backlog, though I'd recommend going through Pikmin. Maybe I'm partial, but that game is too much fun. Plus, depending upon where you are at in Xenoblade, it'll probably take some time before you complete the story. Might as well finish the quicker games first.

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Right now, I'm at the sandworm in Pikmin 3. I'm gonna try fight it when I get home this evening. It is a fun game though and I like that the dungeon setup from Pikmin 2 is not in this game. If I don't beat this sandworm, I can't do anything else.

I also just recently beat Wonderful 101. You pleabs that have a WiiU but don't have that game should go buy it NOW.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Right now, I'm at the sandworm in Pikmin 3. I'm gonna try fight it when I get home this evening. It is a fun game though and I like that the dungeon setup from Pikmin 2 is not in this game. If I don't beat this sandworm, I can't do anything else.

I also just recently beat Wonderful 101. You pleabs that have a WiiU but don't have that game should go buy it NOW.
Ugh, that sandworm. First playthrough I did a great job beating him down without losing any Pikmin, but right before my Pikmin finished him of he opened up one of his chasms, ate like 80% of my Pikmin, and killed one of my captains. The salt was real that day.

Still have to pick up W101. Been trying to be judicious with my spending right now since I've had to cut hours for classes, and my priorities have been on getting Pikmin 3 (got), 3D World (got), Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8 and Kirby: Triple Deluxe. Maybe if I have some money left over before Smash comes around I'll pick the game up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom