• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
At first I was like, "how does Namco own" but then I remembered they were Namco Bandai, but then I realized they were Bandai Namco, and then I realized Bandai owns Gundam and Greymon and I was like this
View attachment 8898

Please Namco Bandai I mean Bandai Namco.
Dude..... Deja vu.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Why does Heihachi appear in every crossover game? I'm not the biggest Tekken fan so I thought Jin was the main character.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Why does Heihachi appear in every crossover game? I'm not the biggest Tekken fan so I thought Jin was the main character.
Heihachi is pretty much the unofficial (to my knowledge) mascot. Think Scorpion in Mortal Kombat or Fulgore in Killer Instinct.

Not main characters but still the franchise mascots.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Anyway the water levels in Tropical Freeze are annoying as hell. Where the hell is Enguarde. Meh.

I hope Rambi is an assist trophy.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Since we were talking about Soulcalibur earlier, what do you guys think of Souldcalibur 2 HD and Soulcalibur Lost Swords?

I'm skeptical of the latter.
Soulcalibur 2 is my favorite (if 4 didn't have Amy) and I'm excited that it has both Spawn and Heihachi in both versions.
However, does anyone want a Wii U version with Link?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Since we were talking about Soulcalibur earlier, what do you guys think of Souldcalibur 2 HD and Soulcalibur Lost Swords?

Soulcalibur 2 is my favorite (if 4 didn't have Amy) and I'm excited that it has both Spawn and Heihachi in both versions.
Only if he keeps the bug-catcher's net.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If I could choose another Capcom character for Smash, it'd be Megaman X or Phoenix Wright. Speaking of Megaman, I think some people are a little too over-dramatic about the series going on hiatus. Not to say I don't want more Megaman games, I do. But a little patience wouldn't hurt. Same could be said for trying to find what Capcom wants to focus on when the series picks back up. I might pick up one of the collections on the Gamecube. That'd be cool.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Many people would want that. I still have the GameCube version myself, so I can't say I really need to play it. But I'm mostly interested in Spawn of all characters. The problem is that Link is Nintendo exclusive. I think the SC2HD version was meant to cut off any exclusivity the original console releases had. So no one could have the "better" version. Though with that said, It would have been a smart move for Namco to make a Wii-U or even a 3DS version of SC2, with Link, Spawn, Heihachi all on the same copy of the game.

Too bad SC2HD has bad netcode, which is weird when Namco has done such a solid job with SC5 and Tekken Tag 2.

As for Lost Souls, it was rumored that Zasalamel would be in it, based on one of the trailers showing his SC3 cutscene. So if he's in, and that might be kind of a big if, I would be interested in it. There was no reason for him or Talim to get axed out of SC5, since they had original fighting styles.

EDIT: Double post, my bad.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Many people would want that. I still have the GameCube version myself, so I can't say I really need to play it. But I'm mostly interested in Spawn of all characters. The problem is that Link is Nintendo exclusive. I think the SC2HD version was meant to cut off any exclusivity the original console releases had. So no one could have the "better" version. Though with that said, It would have been a smart move for Namco to make a Wii-U or even a 3DS version of SC2, with Link, Spawn, Heihachi all on the same copy of the game.

Too bad SC2HD has bad netcode, which is weird when Namco has done such a solid job with SC5 and Tekken Tag 2.

As for Lost Souls, it was rumored that Zasalamel would be in it, based on one of the trailers showing his SC3 cutscene. So if he's in, and that might be kind of a big if, I would be interested in it. There was no reason for him or Talim to get axed out of SC5, since they had original fighting styles.

EDIT: Double post, my bad.
Soulcalibur V is like Smash Bros. if the only veterans were Mario, Link, Samus, Captain Falcon, Kirby, Luigi, and Ike, and the newcomers were
Donkey Kong Jr., Claus, Matthew, Chrom, Priam, and Tabuu.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Soulcalibur V is like Smash Bros. if the only veterans were Mario, Link, Samus, Captain Falcon, Kirby, Luigi, and Ike, and the newcomers were
Donkey Kong Jr., Claus, Matthew, Chrom, Priam, and Tabuu.
Soul Calibur 5's roster is actually just a poor man's Tekken 3. Most of the replacement characters are just downgrades, instead of improvements.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Soul Calibur 5's roster is actually just a poor man's Tekken 3. Most of the replacement characters are just downgrades, instead of improvements.
Man, I hate that game. But I loved SCIV
Except for the lack of Weapon Master and Team Battle. But the Character Creation was more fun and it had a million characters.
Amy and Raphael are my mains.
2 would be my favorite if not for Amy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom