• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently in the comment section of that ebay page with the bootleg turtles (It's a Chinese company mind you...) some people are complaining they received a bootleg figures

Which makes me think when I bought the item, the Chinese company is like "Mwahaha! Little does that fool realize he's not receiving the official NECA TMNT figures at all, but a fake!"

While I'm all like "Yes, I found those bootleg turtles with the painted masks!"

It's kind of hard to loose when they put quality into a fake, and you know what you're buying

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's amazing how less active I've been since my computer has been crapping on me (it's been shutting off without warning so I can't stay on long enough to make any progress).

Might need to take it in for repairs again.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Apparently in the comment section of that ebay page with the bootleg turtles (It's a Chinese company mind you...) some people are complaining they received a bootleg figures

Which makes me think when I bought the item, the Chinese company is like "Mwahaha! Little does that fool realize he's not receiving the official NECA TMNT figures at all, but a fake!"

While I'm all like "Yes, I found those bootleg turtles with the painted masks!"

It's kind of hard to loose when they put quality into a fake, and you know what you're buying
So, why'd you want a bootleg?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, why'd you want a bootleg?
1) The real figures aren't sold anymore, meaning they go from $250-400 online

2) They are painted like the cartoon turtles with different headbands as opposed to the REAL figures which are painted like the comic turtles with all red headbands

3) They received a REALLY high rating and recommendation from a reviewer who specifically reviews bootlegs and compared it to the original figures in terms of quality. It doesn't match the original in quality 100%, but it's pretty close and actually has a couple things that are better

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I doubt it Nintendo would have announced a direct already unless its really late but I guess I could but again I would have guessed they'd announce it now and Dang Someone other Then me knows about Confuzzled? Kudos to you!
If it's a veteran it doesn't need to be a Direct.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I'm going to sound Stupid here but how do I put Pictures below where I've wrote? I just don't know how to do it
Edit : skaaaa Ok Tell that to Luigi Who was announced on the August Direct:4luigi:

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm going to sound Stupid here but how do I put Pictures below where I've wrote? I just don't know how to do it
Edit : skaaaa Ok Tell that to Luigi Who was announced on the August Direct:4luigi:
Sonic was also in the October Direct.

Regardless, the point was that a Direct isn't a necessity for a veteran, as shown by every veteran except Luigi and Sonic.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
To my recollection, he was shown off in the August Direct as part of the ongoing Year of Luigi event. His is a special case (as were Sheik, Zelda, and Charizard in the April Direct, who were shown off to display the cut transformation gimmick, and Yoshi, who was shown off to showcase changes and overhauls being made to Veterans).

Veterans can be shown in Directs, but they usually aren't. Newcomers (and Third-Parties) have universally been shown off at Directs and large events (i.e. E3).

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
As stated Sonic Was in the October Direct So I guess that counts too doesn't it? and Why Reveal Yoshi in a Direct but not on New Island Release?
EDIT : Thanks! And AHHH PURPLE FONT IT BURNS!
Edit : Ok i'll try it now and see if I have done it correctly!

Last edited:

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
Copy the link of the picture then click on the image button, paste the link there as your ready to go :)

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Woo! I'm not as dumb as I was before! :laugh:

Completely Off Topic Post But does anyone want to hear a Bad Pastry Joke? Ok what hides in a Bakery at Night.....
A MINCE SPY!!! HAHAHAH....haha...ha.h..

-Mod Note: Please do not double post-
Sorry I'll try not to do it again :bluejump:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should make an open world pokemon game where the gym leaders pokemon scales to your experience like in origins and you can fight them in any order

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
@ 4cast 4cast
Please do not double post. If you wish to make an addition and no one has responded after you, please use the edit function.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I doubt we're getting ANY newcomer until later. And by later, I mean like July-August. We just had four reveals. I doubt we're getting a fifth so soon.

That being said, I am still awaiting HD Captain Falcon.

Morbi

Scavenger
These are some pretty cool ideas... minus the Final Smash. Everyone knows that Ganon is going to be playable. They said Sheik would not be playable in Melee.... they said Toon Link would not be playable in Brawl... and now they say Ganon will not be in Smash 4 because of "muh Gematsu;" however, it is blatantly obvious that the most prominent Legend of Zelda antagonist is a shoe-in. :troll:

Regardless, as long as he finally gets "dead man's volley," I will be happy.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm still not sure if Game & Watch in Pac Man's video counts as a confirmation or not.
What I count as a confirmation is when a character gets a page in the official Smash Bros site. Mr G&W does not have one yet, so I guess he's technically not confirmed yet, and will have a separate reveal some day. The Pac-Man trailer definitely tells us he'll come back though, at least to me (and who would expect anything other really?).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I said it doesn't need to be a direct as in they can be randomly confirmed. Plus Luigi was revealed for the Year of Luigi.

Morbi

Scavenger
What I count as a confirmation is when a character gets a page in the official Smash Bros site. Mr G&W does not have one yet, so I guess he's technically not confirmed yet, and will have a separate reveal some day. The Pac-Man trailer definitely tells us he'll come back though, at least to me (and who would expect anything other really?).
If it "definitely" or in this case, objectively confirms that he will return, that is a confirmation. For instance, you do not NEED a page on the website to confirm the character, Sakurai already confirmed Captain Falcon via article. I suppose you could distinguish them as "confirmation" and "official confirmation" if you wanted.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Not a topic post but Which Amiibo will you get?
Initially, I will purchase Peach and my sister Pit. She wanted Samus, and I wanted Zelda; however, they are not available initially during the first wave. After that, if we enjoy the figures and their functionality, I will wait for a Toon Link or Ganondorf while she is holding out for Ike and Bowser.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Initially, I will purchase Peach and my sister Pit. She wanted Samus, and I wanted Zelda; however, they are not available initially during the first wave. After that, if we enjoy the figures and their functionality, I will wait for a Toon Link or Ganondorf while she is holding out for Ike and Bowser.
What Amiibo's are in the first wave?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Not a topic post but Which Amiibo will you get?
Greninja. I'm most likely gonna main him in Smash 4 and I've been dominating with my Greninja in Pokemon X online. Protean, son!

Next will be Toon Link for obvious reasons.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
If it "definitely" or in this case, objectively confirms that he will return, that is a confirmation. For instance, you do not NEED a page on the website to confirm the character, Sakurai already confirmed Captain Falcon via article. I suppose you could distinguish them as "confirmation" and "official confirmation" if you wanted.
Falcon is confirmed? :4link:pls

Morbi

Scavenger
What Amiibo's are in the first wave?
I cannot for the love of life find the article. I just remember being disappointed that Zelda and Samus were not going to be available. I could only find that there would be "around ten."

Based on what I remember, this is probably the list. I doubt Fox and Marth as they were revealed later; but then again, so was Pit.

Reggie was speaking in regards to Yoshi and Marth in conjunction with Peach. So maybe Marth is in the first wave and one of these characters is not.

Mario
Link
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Pit
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Pikachu
Wii Fit Trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.