• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anime is always the best subject. (Besides Super Smash Bros.)

This coming from the guy who has an anime avatar (from a game trailer, sure, but anime nonetheless) and two anime gifs on the signature, this is TOTALLY NOT BIASED.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I could totally see Pittoo being a newcomer. Due to Kirby getting 2 newcomers in Brawl. Besides the palette swap isn't a problem since it looks like not every character will have red,blue and green palettes. What i'm trying to say is that I expect one more Kid Icarus newcomer.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I could totally see Pittoo being a newcomer. Due to Kirby getting 2 newcomers in Brawl. Besides the palette swap isn't a problem since it looks like not every character will have red,blue and green palettes. What i'm trying to say is that I expect one more Kid Icarus newcomer.
I used to think that way.

I now only think he's going to be an alt for Pit. You already have two WFTs, so two Pits shouldn't be a big deal, unlike a certain purple space dragon.

D

Deleted member

I now only think he's going to be an alt for Pit. You already have two WFTs, so two Pits shouldn't be a big deal, unlike a certain purple space dragon.
I get the same feeling, but the fact that he was at the end of Palutena's trailer is because he'll be a glorified alternate with his own voice clips.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I get the same feeling, but the fact that he was at the end of Palutena's trailer is because he'll be a glorified alternate with his own voice clips.
It'd be a cool unlockable alt. Who know though. Two KI reps would be awesome, but I can't see it at this stage, unfortunately.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

get it... Golden time.... anime.... and time... were both mentioned recently.... ahaha.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You read my mind. Guess your username isn't for nothing. :p

Wii Fit Trainer has the exact same thing: an alt with voice swaps. For Pit, instead of being a different model, it's a darker color scheme. The name/announcer shout could also change to reflect that.

In fact, the game will need to be prepared for costume name changes because, in some languages, WFT's name will have to reflect the gender selected. In languages like Spanish, French and Portuguese (I think Italian too), certain words (usually adjectives and some nouns) change with gender. Same with the Villager.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Interesting times not only for Capcom, but the entire industry to be honest. Yes, Capcom fell from the stars where she was till the first years of the century, but it's still the owner of an incredible amount of powerful IPs.
These are the ones that pop in my mind immediately when I think about Capcom:

Resident Evil
Mega Man
Street Fighter
Phoenix Wright
Dino Crisis
Marvel Vs. Capcom (even though I don't know how it would work in this case)
Dead Rising
Monster Hunter
Devil May Cry
Lost Planet
and many more

Personally, I would like either Nintendo or Sony to pick her up (more Nintendo obviously) but I'm afraid out of the big three Microsoft is the safest bet. Microsoft will see the opportunity and will raise the stakes like they always do. Nintendo and Sony will not be able, or won't care to take the risk, to outbid them.
Microsoft is still a better place for those people and IPs rather than some random names like Facebook, Google or who knows who (they're a possibility, imho).
Maybe the smartest way would be to break them apart, distribute the IPs to different houses (Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter and Mega Man to Nintendo for example, Resident Evil and Street Fighter to Sony, etc...).
In my dreams, Nintendo buys Capcom in its entirety and then gives Dead Rising to Microsoft in exchange of Banjo-Kazooie, Conker and all the other Rare IPs.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Interesting times not only for Capcom, but the entire industry to be honest. Yes, Capcom fell from the stars where she was till the first years of the century, but it's still the owner of an incredible amount of powerful IPs.

Resident Evil
Mega Man
Street Fighter
Phoenix Wright
Dino Crisis
Dead Rising
Monster Hunter
Devil May Cry
Lost Planet
and many more

Personally, I would like either Nintendo or Sony to pick her up (more Nintendo obviously) but I'm afraid out of the big three Microsoft is the safest bet. Microsoft will see the opportunity and will raise the stakes like they always do. Nintendo and Sony will not be able, or won't care to take the risk, to outbid them.
Microsoft is still a better place for those people and IPs rather than some random names like Facebook, Google or who knows who (they're a possibility, imho).
Maybe the smartest way would be to break them apart, distribute the IPs to different houses (Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter and Mega Man to Nintendo for example, Resident Evil and Street Fighter to Sony, etc...).
In my dreams, Nintendo buys Capcom in its entirety and then gives Dead Rising to Microsoft in exchange of Banjo-Kazooie, Conker and all the other Rare IPs.
You're correct in saying that the smartest thing to do would be to break them up. It'd feel like sending two children off to different foster parent though. Marvel Vs. Capcom would no longer be able to exist. And it'd be a real shame to see RE become someone's first party. Whoever (if anyone) obtains Capcom, they'd have to keep all the Capcom dev teams together, and filter your own men into it.

Imagine Retro working on the new Mega Man.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa

Resident Evil
Mega Man
Street Fighter
Phoenix Wright
Dino Crisis
Dead Rising
Monster Hunter
Devil May Cry
Lost Planet
and many more

I couldn't see Microsoft shareholders too happy if they did that.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If Microsoft buys Capcom

I will kill the gaming industry.

Don't ask how.
They can't. If I remember right, only Japanese companies can buy out other Japanese companies. I think it's in their constitution. This being said, Sony and Nintendo are the only two video game companies who could reasonably do it.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Warning Received
The reality of the situation anyway is that some obscure huge corporation will buy it and then it's done, lost forever.
This is the last couple of years we'll see those IP on any console, have fun with them.
To be honest the only one I'm going to miss is Resident Evil but it was time to kill it off. Kinda sad for Mega Man too since this is his first and last Smash Bros. game, and probably one of his last appearances in a videogame at all.

They can't. If I remember right, only Japanese companies can buy out other Japanese companies. I think it's in their constitution. This being said, Sony and Nintendo are the only two video game companies who could reasonably do it.
The point is that Sony simply can't. They don't have the money.
Nintendo on the other hand would have to spend 1/4 of its money to do so. Who would do that? Only someone crazy like Iwata on acid with an hallucinatory flu.
Capcom won't be bought by a videogame company.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Nintendo on the other hand would have to spend 1/4 of its money to do so. Who would do that? Only someone crazy like Iwata on acid with an hallucinatory flu.
Its not as high as a qtr i think its about a 7th of Nintendo s money.

D

Deleted member

We are broke now because we bought Capcom, so we cannot do anything with any of their IPs. Please Understand.

This forum needs an Iwata emoticon.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Never thought I'd say this, but...

Thank you constitutional racism.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Says the guy who thinks GameCube VC is a pipe dream!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Its not as high as a qtr i think its about a 7th of Nintendo s money.
Well, still way too much. Especially in a year in which Nintendo can't possibly risk to lose more money than the year before.
Iwata: "Shareholders, I promise we will get back on track this year. Starting with the buy of a dead company and a bunch of IPs which wouldn't sell well on our consoles, all that for just a little less than 1/7 of our total business. Thank you.".

Never thought I'd say this, but...

Thank you constitutional racism.
It's really about keeping Japanese money in Japan. It makes sense, but I think it could be worked out by loopholes (Microsoft Japan buys Capcom?).

Says the guy who thinks GameCube VC is a pipe dream!
Nintendo 64 virtual console is a pipe dream.

Sorry for the double post please I'm too cute to go to prison

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom