• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

as much as I was trying to be funny there I do want to lose weight. I did things for a while and had lost quite a bit but then I was like "a break won't hurt" and it did. I know it all comes down to me wanting it enough, no amount of tips or regimens will help if you don't have the willpower. which sucks because I'm not too positive of a person

also I did actually get wii fit u, I have yet to start it seriously but I thought it might be fun to make it more video game like

Kirby games are all pretty fun but I like Fusion a lot better.
Oh don't worry, that was a sincere response from me, and if you're going to do stuff with Wii Fit U, I would recommend the actual Yoga and Body Weight Exercises they had and work up to the endurance challenges (if they're in that title) like doing push-ups to failure and holding a plank for as long as you can, ironically, none of these use the Wii Fit Board. I was a big fan of the Jogging in Place Game they had in the older games because I actually really loved the scenery of Wuhu Island.

Seriously though, if you want actual advice I'd be happy to give you some, I've been lifting and dieting seriously now for 4 years

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Notification Eating Monster recipes/wanted posters aside, we have something possibly big on our hands.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/231086-...lders-open-company-up-to-takeover-possibility

So, just duck and hide and hope it doesn't see you?
I don't know though. I actually kinda want him to see me so he can see how angry I am at his notification fueled diet, then I just might get the nerve to pull his ears off and fry them. Those long ears are delicious, so long as you shave the hair.

See, the Notification Eating Monster, he has the head of Big the Cat with the long ears and everything but he has a long retractable neck like a Hungry Hungry Hippo and he has a huge Brontosaurus body with 12 legs. The front 6 legs are webbed clawed feet like a platypus while the back legs are hooved like a cow, and he has a big long lobster tail at the end of it all. He's truly a sight to behold, but I really wanna give him a piece of my mind for eating all of my notifications. He just ignores me while I scream at him and plods away into the Internet Brush.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, vomit. I like fried chicken, but I get tired of it after eating a whole bunch. And I only enjoy the crispy kinds.

Onic the Hedhog. Do naught stol.

---

And speaking of health, how is Wario able to have tons of arm muscles and work out, yet remain flabby and fat? Is the fat genetic?

---
Yes, well kind of.

In genetics/bodybuilding, there are 3 basic body types: Endomorphic, Mesomorphic, and Ectomorphic.

Endomorphs are heavier and have an easy time gaining weight while struggling to lose weight; Mesomorphs can gain and lose weight easier and are the "naturally muscular" type; Ectomorphs have no problem losing weight and struggle to gain weight (be it fat or muscle). To give you an example, I happen to be a fairly muscular ectomorph, Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) would be a Mesomorph, and E. Honda would be an Endomorph, but since you can't imagine my actual appearance, look at something like this:
Ectomorphs are not necessarily lanky, btw.

Thus Wario is probably an Endomorph, being heavier but also very strong (although Endomorphs are not inherently stronger), in fact, all three body types can be freakishly strong and even endomorphs can achieve impressive muscle definition in some areas if they cut hard enough. Likewise Ectomorphs can achieve impressive muscle mass if they bulk hard enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of slow news that happened before ....

Yet another reason why anything that involves Fox News sucks nowadays. :urg:
At least, it's more publicity for the game.

They say there's no such thing as bad publicity, after all...

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Nintendo should buy them if they have half a brain.

But Nintendo... Not always smart.
That's what I'm really hoping for. Nintendo needs some HD competent/experienced guys to speed their projects along. Also all those delicious IP... Mega Man (who is in Smash Bros... seriously, Nintendo treats Mega Man better than Capcom does), Street Fighter, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, the rest! ... This is PRECISELY what Nintendo needs right now. I really hope this doesn't slip through their fingers... if someone like Sony or Microsoft do it... well... hopefully that doesn't screw with Mega Man's appearance in Smash.

Nah, they'd buy SEGA before Capcom
I dunno, if Nintendo wants to own Sega, they'd have to wrestle that out of Sammy, which might not be the easiest thing in the world.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I dunno, if Nintendo wants to own Sega, they'd have to wrestle that out of Sammy, which might not be the easiest thing in the world.
Nah, it'll be a piece of cake. Nintendo and SEGA get along very well, with so many of their franchises general audience on Nintendo consoles. Nintendo will most likely let Capcom die out since they haven't had their back lately.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nintendo buy Crapcom? I'm sorry, but that should NEVER happen considering the things they've done nowadays. Overpriced DLC, awful video game reboots (*looks at DmC*), they disrespect their own mascot, kill off certain IP's like Dino Crisis and Onimusha, milk the crap out of Street Fighter with lackluster balancing, and they just don't care about their customers at all. The day Nintendo buys Crapcom will be the day they'll lose my respect.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Nintendo buy Crapcom? I'm sorry, but that should NEVER happen considering the things they've done nowadays. Overpriced DLC, awful video game reboots (*looks at DmC*), they disrespect their own mascot, kill off certain IP's like Dino Crisis and Onimusha, milk the crap out of Street Fighter with lackluster balancing, and they just don't care about their customers at all. The day Nintendo buys Crapcom will be the day they'll lose my respect.

Just a thought, if Nintendo bought Capcom, wouldn't Nintendo have more control over how things go than Capcom? If Nintendo was the one with the leash, things could change for the better. When Microsoft bought Rare, it didn't matter what Rare wanted to do, their first priority was to do what Microsoft told them to. The same could be for Capcom under Nintendo's ownership.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Just a thought, if Nintendo bought Capcom, wouldn't Nintendo have more control over how things go than Capcom? If Nintendo was the one with the leash, things could change for the better. When Microsoft bought Rare, it didn't matter what Rare wanted to do, their first priority was to do what Microsoft told them to. The same could be for Capcom under Nintendo's ownership.
Nope! Rare was never third party. They were owned by Nintendo before Nintendo sold them to Microsoft

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Nah, they'd buy SEGA before Capcom
Nintendo should buy them both if they were smart.

Capcom would give them hard hitting mature titles they need in RE and DMC. They can bring back Dino Crisis. Dead Rising, etc. Street Fighter. So much stuff like that.

Nintendo needs things like above franchises to show ''Hey look we're not always family friendly!"

They'd also have Monster Hunter, Mega Man, etc.

Capcom would be a GOOD buy for them.

Capcom honestly would probably help them out more than Sega would in the long run, because what do they really get out of buying Sega other than Sonic, and a few other sparse properities that might have potential for them.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nintendo should buy them both if they were smart.

Capcom would give them hard hitting mature titles they need in RE and DMC. They can bring back Dino Crisis. Dead Rising, etc. Street Fighter. So much stuff like that.

Nintendo needs things like above franchises to show ''Hey look we're not always family friendly!"

They'd also have Monster Hunter, Mega Man, etc.

Capcom would be a GOOD buy for them.

Capcom honestly would probably help them out more than Sega would in the long run, because what do they really get out of buying Sega other than Sonic, and a few other sparse properities that might have potential for them.
that thumbs up kid does his thing in gif form.gif

Yeah, that does sound pretty good. To be honest, I don't particularly want Capcom to be bought out. I do want them to get better management and to start making more games that people want. Namely with Megaman and RE games similar to the originals. Because I don't think Street Fighter is going to cut it forever. They should still support Street Fighter though, just don't make it their only priority, for the most part.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Nope! Rare was never third party. They were owned by Nintendo before Nintendo sold them to Microsoft
Not quite. See, Rare was second party, mostly owned by Nintendo. But what happened in layman's terms was that Rare thought they would have more freedom by being owned by another company so they put themselves up for sale... they were hoping for the likes of Activision or Blizzard to buy them out, but to the surprise of many, Microsoft joined the video game industry with Xbox and swooped in and bid so high for Rare as to steal it from Nintendo since the opportunity to do so was golden. Rare regretted that ever since.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'd say Kirby SS. You already own Metroid, no point paying for it twice. Plus the final boss is quite a let down.
The point of doing that is that I just cannot endure how the 3ds screen is very small for a game that runs on a lower resolution. GBA on 3ds is way too small for me (no joke I need a magnifier to read the text in FE sacred stone so still waiting for a wiiu release). Also, I didn't pay for metroid fusion since it was an ambassador thing.

But now, it just looks like it's going to be KSS. Well, fusion will have to wait that I get 10$ again via the deluxe promotion (but honestly, there's other release that could go before that so who knows).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not quite. See, Rare was second party, mostly owned by Nintendo. But what happened in layman's terms was that Rare thought they would have more freedom by being owned by another company so they put themselves up for sale... they were hoping for the likes of Activision or Blizzard to buy them out, but to the surprise of many, Microsoft joined the video game industry with Xbox and swooped in and bid so high for Rare as to steal it from Nintendo since the opportunity to do so was golden. Rare regretted that ever since.
I was going to mention that Rare was 2nd Party. Though I didn't know the exact details of what happened. Doesn't matter too much to me though. Most of the Rare guys and girls are at Retro Studios, which is a Nintendo Branch. And the only Rare IP that's being put to good use is Killer Instinct, but all the work is done by another company anyway.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, you do make a great point since the Big N should be able to whip them into shape. And think of all the Street Fighters he can have for ourselves. :troll:

But all jokes aside, Nintendo do lack third party support and having Capcom to themselves should be able to fix this problem. Unlike the more expensive Sega (who Sammy owns), Capcom should be cheap enough and some of their IP's should benefit being on the Wii U or any other Nintendo platform that exists or is in development. Besides, I want a REAL Mega Man game instead of the Might No. 9 since there should never be any replacement IP's in existence.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, you do make a great point since the Big N should be able to whip them into shape. And think of all the Street Fighters he can have for ourselves. :troll:

But all jokes aside, Nintendo do lack third party support and having Capcom to themselves should be able to fix this problem. Unlike the more expensive Sega (who Sammy owns), Capcom should be cheap enough and some of their IP's should benefit being on the Wii U or any other Nintendo platform that exists or is in development. Besides, I want a REAL Mega Man game instead of the Might No. 9 since there should never be any replacement IP's in existence.
They'd still buy SEGA first though, the ties between Capcom and Nintendo are horrible

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Don't forget Okami and Viewtiful Joe.
Capcom just simply is the better buy put side by side with Sega.

I want them to own both, but my god, the things they could do for their company with Capcom in tow.

We'd get Street Fighter games that weren't anything more than money grubs. ''HERE'S ULTRA SUPREME DELUXE EDITION NOW WITH POISON, HAGGAR, AND THAT BACKGROUND CHICK PLAYABLE."

Resident Evil might get a reboot that would make the damn series good again.

Okami would be a beautiful rich Nintendo style franchise. And Amaterasu in Smash would be glorious.

As would Joe.

Dude. Just I'm getting nerd boner thinking about the possibility and it'll never happen.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Capcom just simply is the better buy put side by side with Sega.

I want them to own both, but my god, the things they could do for their company with Capcom in tow.

We'd get Street Fighter games that weren't anything more than money grubs. ''HERE'S ULTRA SUPREME DELUXE EDITION NOW WITH POISON, HAGGAR, AND THAT BACKGROUND CHICK PLAYABLE."

Resident Evil might get a reboot that would make the damn series good again.

Okami would be a beautiful rich Nintendo style franchise. And Amaterasu in Smash would be glorious.

As would Joe.

Dude. Just I'm getting nerd boner thinking about the possibility and it'll never happen.
Who knows? Maybe they'd finally consider Megaman part of Capcom again.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've thought of something new...

Phoenix Wright x Link. The fangirls would die if the biggest yaoi baits of both companies were to be paired together. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom