• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Unless nobody knows who Laverne Cox is, which is possible.
She plays a transgender character in Orange Is The New Black and, well, is a transgender herself.
Also I think she is the host of variety shows or something like that, but out of US she's most famous for the role she's playing in the series (which I love) probably.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
She plays a transgender character in Orange Is The New Black and, well, is a transgender herself.
Also I think she is the host of variety shows or something like that, but out of US she's most famous for the role she's playing in the series (which I love) probably.
Exactamundo~ Though transgender is more of an adjective, not a noun. :p

Twewy

Smash Lord
I just learned Joel Hodgson voices on Steven Universe.

Now I have another reason to watch this show.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Did the font on the text here change or is it just me? For example, when I look at "users viewing thread" the text seems a tiny bit...more "smooshed" together.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We're talking about religion? lol!

Well if you're going to be quoting scripture you should probably realize that Genesis was written more than 2000 years ago, and translated several times into our modern language, so there are many translation issues, and a lot of words that have different implications.

I'm agnostic now, but was raised Christian, (dad is a pastor) and I went to Bible college. Make sure you're using exegesis, and not eisegesis when you're reading ancient texts. This is one of the problems religions have, and partly what lead me to stop associating with religious groups.
Just to note, Frostwraith(a Mod) asked to keep it to PM's. :)

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
You kids need more rice in your diet... because if you don't eat rice, da powah won't come

But seriously, who kinda stah kiss? And how about a fool?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Butt y change the font.
Ask Warchamp7. Also, tildes (the correct name for this squiggly line ~) are now displayed correctly.

See? ~~~~~

And yeah, if you're gonna discuss religion, avoid doing it here. While discussion can be interesting, it can also pave way to a flame war. What was happened earlier showed signs of turning into something unpleasant.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Yeah... I enjoy a debate about idealogy about as much as anyone, I'm just not confident enough in this particular section to discuss something like that... effectively.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
But I do prefer bills rather than change.
----
You prefer bills, huh? Well... turns out you don't have enough money in your bank account, so they'll have to charge you money for not having enough money... makes sense, right?
I totally know what you mean, I'm just being a moose

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah... I enjoy a debate about idealogy about as much as anyone, I'm just not confident enough in this particular section to discuss something like that... effectively.
I agree, the community as a whole is not mature enough to competently debate such an issue without resorting to passive aggressiveness or worse. Go back to discussing potatoes or something.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Ask Warchamp7. Also, tildes (the correct name for this squiggly line ~) are now displayed correctly.

See? ~~~~~

And yeah, if you're gonna discuss religion, avoid doing it here. While discussion can be interesting, it can also pave way to a flame war. What was happened earlier showed signs of turning into something unpleasant.
Agreed. I thought "I probably shouldn't have continued" right after I posted, so I edited it out haha.

What new "things" from the new Smash Bros are people most excited about?

Morbi

Scavenger
Agreed. I thought "I probably shouldn't have continued" right after I posted, so I edited it out haha.

What new "things" from the new Smash Bros are people most excited about?
Move-set (special) customization. The mechanic will no doubt incite me to reevaluate each and every character (I was thinking about giant fireball/dragon fist Mario). I am not entirely impressed with the newcomers; however, that is irrelevant as some veterans are being changed extensively. Overall, that is the most important aspect of the game. I wanted innovation, I got innovation (to an extent). Zero-Suit was a character that I never played in Brawl, but I intend to main her in Smash because she seems to be an entirely different character.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
One day, I shall be able to obtain a Substitute plush. For now, I shall wait patiently until that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom