• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'd get one. It would need to be my secondary or a character I really like. It can't be my main though (It would steal my thunder lol). As it is right now either :4kirby: or :4pit:

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm not buying any of them figures. $10-$15 for one?

You wish. I could buy two movies for that price.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*dies a little on the inside*

So I'd pretty much have to spend more than what it would cost for a Wii U+ the Smash Bros Bundle to get the whole cast? Maybe I'll just wait until their price comes down in time for Smash 5...
There could be sets to make things somewhat easier....

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
100% with ya, I wont put money down to clutter up my house no matter how much I love smash.
It's not the clutter part, it's the money bit.
Implying that these are around 10-15 bucks. One could get a game (or multiple eShop titles) out of the money that could be used for one or two figurines. And even then they're mostly just AI. If you could use them then maybe. But I'd rather not put down money on something that's pretty much a glorified Spectator Mode.

D

Deleted member

Quoting myself from earlier. Short answer is yes.
Third-Party IP Amiibos? Unless there's some other crossover in the works, that'd mean Smash is the only one with them.
[/pointlesstrivia]

Last edited by a moderator:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I'm going to buy Amiibos for one reason, because they look cool. I don't really care about the gameplay factors that they contribute, the figures alone sold me.

PKmeloa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3394-3640-7660
Only once. and only a 2min FFA, after 4+ hours of waiting in line. And played with a controller I find to be uncomfortable (Wii-U Pro). And was unable to play the 3DS version. So I wasn't able to really get a good feel of the game.
Yeah same :/ I was a bit salty after that..

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

The latest Hyrule Warriors stream said that half of the roster is female and they ONLY use Zelda characters, so I started making a roster based on the potential female fighters to occur. There's no doubt that Cia and the gang will be playable after you beat story mode and the Hylian goddesses can have a redesign (IF the blue haired woman on the boxart is Nayru). So roster is as followed: Link, Zelda, Midna, Valga, Wizuro, Cia, Nayru, Din, Farore, Impa, Zant, Darunia, Ashei, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Skull Kid, Saria, Ruto, Twinrova, Tingle, Vaati, Veran, Ralph, and King Bulbin.

So this roster represents a variety of Zelda games like Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, the Oracles games, the Four Swords saga, Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword, and the Tingle spinoffs. I would have had Tetra instead of Ashei, but she would be a little short (even compared to Tingle) and she might not transition well into a realistic style like Tingle (due to Majora's Mask) or Vaati (I've seen some good realistic art of him). Crazy Tracy might have been another option, but Captain Rainbow flopped and it would be hard imagining a moveset for her. Demise was considered, but he shouldn't coexist with Ganon, hence why Hilda can't be in the same game with Zelda. Yuga and Ravio were left out because I'm afraid that Link Between Worlds may be too new to be included. Other than that, I'm proud of what I've done.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
As far as amiibo goes, I'll get one or two, but mainly as decorations. I've always wanted a Smash trophy in real life. Pit is a lock for me, and maybe Marth.

I've got a good job, so 20$ for two high quality figures, and a fun mode for Smash will be woth it.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I don't want to bowl over on Amiibos, I'll just stick to my favorite characters when buying.

The latest Hyrule Warriors stream said that half of the roster is female and they ONLY use Zelda characters, so I started making a roster based on the potential female fighters to occur. There's no doubt that Cia and the gang will be playable after you beat story mode and the Hylian goddesses can have a redesign (IF the blue haired woman on the boxart is Nayru). So roster is as followed: Link, Zelda, Midna, Valga, Wizuro, Cia, Nayru, Din, Farore, Impa, Zant, Darunia, Ashei, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Skull Kid, Saria, Ruto, Twinrova, Tingle, Vaati, Veran, Ralph, and King Bulbin.

So this roster represents a variety of Zelda games like Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, the Oracles games, the Four Swords saga, Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword, and the Tingle spinoffs. I would have had Tetra instead of Ashei, but she would be a little short (even compared to Tingle) and she might not transition well into a realistic style like Tingle (due to Majora's Mask) or Vaati (I've seen some good realistic art of him). Crazy Tracy might have been another option, but Captain Rainbow flopped and it would be hard imagining a moveset for her. Demise was considered, but he shouldn't coexist with Ganon, hence why Hilda can't be in the same game with Zelda. Yuga and Ravio were left out because I'm afraid that Link Between Worlds may be too new to be included. Other than that, I'm proud of what I've done.
i would add in Medli, just sayin.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Hmm? New mods?

I've checked the staff list and there is only one I recognize so far so meh. Are there any more being added?

Anyway, I'm probably going to get 2-4 of the amiibo figures.

Pikachu is a lock, but then I have to figure out all the other figures I might get for secondaries. So much to choose. I'll probably get them all eventually though.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't want to bowl over on Amiibos, I'll just stick to my favorite characters when buying.

i would add in Medli, just sayin.
I'll consider her since she was my favorite Wind Waker companion. I've added Tetra and Demise respectively in an updated version on Paint. Now to find another male character to add with Medli since there will be a 50/50 male to female ratio in the game's main roster. Hero's Shade perhaps?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'll get some Smash Amiibo's (who yet I'm not sure).

Whether or not I buy ALL of them depends on the benifits and costs.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I'ma getting all figures...all of 'em...
I see the Skylander mentality will set in across the world...

Honestly, wouldn't be shocked if it becomes incredibly difficult to find some Amiibos- characters like Mega Man will be highly coveted and may become expensive after time. Then there's the possibility of special addition ones- Silver versions, gold versions, crystal versions, etc.

PKmeloa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3394-3640-7660
I see the Skylander mentality will set in across the world...

Honestly, wouldn't be shocked if it becomes incredibly difficult to find some Amiibos- characters like Mega Man will be highly coveted and may become expensive after time. Then there's the possibility of special addition ones- Silver versions, gold versions, crystal versions, etc.
"Silver versions, gold versions, crystal versions"
Nice clean Gen 2 lol.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Holy **** Axle, you got promoted as mod?
Yeah. :p

Anyways, the GSC reference was unintentional but it's in the realm of possibility that we'll get special editions. They may either do ridiculously well ala Skylanders and Disney Infinity or flop horribly like the next Virtual Boy. Though they seem to be the way the Wii U and 3DS version will branch the gap, ignoring customization. Perhaps it has an IR element?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Yay! More mods that are appreciative of Bandana Dee. Now we shall consume all! :evil:

Anyway, I'm personally really excited for the amiibos. This whole training them up thing really catches my interests. I always loved fighting the cpus in Smash bros. Forever alone So seeing cpus go past level 9 just blows my mind. Should certainly be interesting training up my mains. While having some cute figurines to boot. :3

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My priorities will be Luigi, Toon Link and ROB amiibos.

Then... Cue the Pokémon tag line. :p

D

Deleted member

Nintendo should do the unthinkable & make a fighting game with F-Zero racers! :troll:

41+ characters, & Captain Falcon bein the poster boy....what could possibly go wrong?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wonder who the other 5 characters in Hyrule Warriors will be...

Maybe Groose, Ralph, Tingle, Maple, and Ashei.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

I'm not sure if Cia, Valga, and Wizro would count as Zelda characters or not, as they haven't originated in any Zelda game before HW. That, and the menu screen only shows 9 slots for playable characters.

Going by this, I think the roster would probably be
Link
Zelda
Impa
Midna
Nayru
Skull Kid (can't think of another fitting female)
Groose (can be swapped with Ghirahim if you want)
Ganondorf
Vaati

As for the amiibo, I'm definitely buying a Palutena.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Hyrule Warriors doesn't let you play as Ganondorf, then that would be the biggest waste of potential ever. I want to stab stuff with a Trident.

D

Deleted member

Now with E3 closing its curtain for this year, I think I'm more excited to see videos like these pop up than the actual conferences which IMO is just sad

New game, new game, new game, new game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom