• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Someone link me to wherever people are talking about their impressions of the 3DS version's controls; I figured it would have its own thread but I can't find it

Also wtf @ Seviper getting a MEvo before Arbok

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I personally don't mind grinding when its something enjoyable. Brawls unlockables were kinda lame to get. Doing boss battles with each character.... *dies.
I didn't mind Brawl as much, you pretty much got everything if you ran through subspace, though getting Wolf by battling the bosses with Fox... Yuck.

Personally while unlocking can be kinda fun, I'd rather just dive in and get to my game with full content at this point. I can only hope there is a guide very early on to help people unlock everything fast.

I can dream that there could be an optional unlock everything code, but it really is an impossible dream.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Favorite Newcomers? 1 is favorite, 9 is least favorite.

1. Palutena
2. Rosalina & Luma
3. Villager
4. Greninja
5. Wii fit trainer
6. Pac-man
7. Mii fighters
8. Little Mac
9. Megaman

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You had to do the same thing in Air Ride to finish the Checklist and get Hydra/Dragoon outside of City Trial, and those were incredibly rare. You could go several City Trials without seeing a piece.

Long story short, I don't think it'll be that bad, since you also get other stuff like trophies and coins as well.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I didn't mind Brawl as much, you pretty much got everything if you ran through subspace, though getting Wolf by battling the bosses with Fox... Yuck.

Personally while unlocking can be kinda fun, I'd rather just dive in and get to my game with full content at this point. I can only hope there is a guide very early on to help people unlock everything fast.

I can dream that there could be an optional unlock everything code, but it really is an impossible dream.
But if you didn't have to unlock things they wouldn't be able to move strategy guides (which basically guarantee the unlock requirements will be available day 1)

I'm just wondering if you'll have to unlock the custom specials or if they're all given to you when you unlock a given character

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
You had to do the same thing in Air Ride to finish the Checklist and get Hydra/Dragoon outside of City Trial, and those were incredibly rare. You could go several City Trials without seeing a piece.

Long story short, I don't think it'll be that bad, since you also get other stuff like trophies and coins as well.
What if you don't care at all about trophies or coins though? As neat as unlockables are, I just want to play my full game of smash with all characters and stages since that's what I bought the game to do.

But if you didn't have to unlock things they wouldn't be able to move strategy guides (which basically guarantee the unlock requirements will be available day 1)

I'm just wondering if you'll have to unlock the custom specials or if they're all given to you when you unlock a given character
Yeah, let's hope it gets online fast as that'll be all I'm doing. If it turns out you have to unlock special moves in smash run I expect many MANY boring hours of repeated run through... Ugh...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
After seeing so much Gameplay of him, I think Megaman will be one of my mains. I always wanted to try a keep-away character. And he seems like a lot of fun to use in a fight. From what I've seen, the Charge shot should be a decent K.O move. Too bad I there isn't much footage with Hard Knuckle K.Os.

For those who haven't seen it yet:
*Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire spoilers*

Looking forward to Metagross the most. :)
Yeah, Mega Metagross should be badass. Though it'd be cool if Rayquaza got a Mega-Evolution too.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
For me it's:

1. Little Mac
2. Palutena
3. Mega Man
4. Villager
5. Pac-Man
6. Greninja
7. Wii Fit Trainer
8. Mii Fighter
9. Rosalina & Luma

Love them all though. Shulk is going to reign supreme once he's revealed though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Nintendo requested the Link outfit on Bayonetta showed more skin

I don't find her the least bit attractive no matter what she wears

Something is wrong with her which prevents me from being attracted even the slightest

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Newcomers in order of greatness.

1.:4palutena: 2.:4palutena: 3.:4palutena: 4.:4palutena: 5.:4palutena: 6.:4palutena: 7.:4palutena: 8.:4palutena: 9.:4palutena:
:troll:
1.:4palutena:
2.:4wiifit:
3.:4greninja:
4.:4villager:
5.:rosalina:
6.:4megaman:
7.:4pacman:
8.:4littlemac:
9.:4mii:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yo, for a second i thought my account was being hacked. :laugh:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got an email from twitter saying: "Keep up with #WorldCup on twitter"

So I tweeted #WoldCup with "Silly twitter, Americans don't watch soccer"

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
1. Palutena
2. Little Mac
3. Megaman
4. Pac-Man
5. Rosalina & Luma
6. Greninja
7. Wii Fit Trainer
8. Mii Fighters
9. Villager

I don't dislike any though, so far.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dislike Palutena, Rosalina and Wii Fit Trainer

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Wii Fit Trainer was my favorite newcomer to me, personally. I found it fantastic to have a rep from an new IP from the last console generation, like Olimar was for Brawl. Plus, she more or less reps the Nintendo casual crowd, which is always nice.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For those who haven't seen it yet:
*Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire spoilers*

Looking forward to Metagross the most. :)
That's not every Gen 3 Pokemon I wanted to see get a Mega Evolution, but it sure is most of them. Hopefully there will be more non-Gen 3 Pokemon as well. Either way, this gets all of my hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom