• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
Newcomer favourite list? Let's see:

Pac-Man -> Wii Fit Trainer -> Rosalina -> Palutena -> Greninja -> Villager -> Mega Man -> Little Mac -> Mii Fighters

...even if the Mii Fighters are last on my list, I'm still very impressed with them.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Aura's Newcomer Favorites List

1. Greninja
"I never knew how much I wanted Greninja until now."
2. Pac Man
3. Rosalina
4. Mega Man
5. Palutena
6. Miis
7. Villager
8. Wii fit trainer
9. Little Mac

*.Charizard: Not technically a newcomer, but the fact he plays solo now makes him feel like an all new character to me.

*. Bowser: Not a newcomer, but his revised moveset defiantly looks promising, and I hope New Bowser crushes his foes like never before.

*.Lucario: I have no reason to list him. But he's my favorite character in the game, and I will be maining him.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Yeah the future of Metroid was discussed recently. Apparently there are future plans for both 2D and 3D styles of Metroid. Fire Emblem, on the other hand, I don't know where that came from. I even searched for "new fire emblem" on Google and nothing came up. All the results that came up were of "Project STEAM", which is being developed by the Fire Emblem/Advance Wars/Paper Mario guys.

Also, to quickly change subject, I've seen a few posts in other topics in which the idea of all of the characters' other moves to be unlockable. Upon hearing that, I thought that sounded awesome, and in the off-chance that all of the characters will be unlocked from the start, I wouldn't mind unlocking everyone's new moves/move variations. I think that sounds like fun, and could be a good substitute for secret characters (in my opinion, of course). What do you guys think?
Ah I see. STEAM sounds like an interesting game, but I'm not a fan of the artwork tbh.

Seeing as Palutena seems to have a bunch moves, I don't see why not. How do you think players could unlock these new moves? I'd say either through leveling up the amiibot or some type of game mode, like allstar.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Ah I see. STEAM sounds like an interesting game, but I'm not a fan of the artwork tbh.

Seeing as Palutena seems to have a bunch moves, I don't see why not. How do you think players could unlock these new moves? I'd say either through leveling up the amiibot or some type of game mode, like allstar.
Apparently, Sakurai has said that Smash Run will be the primary way of unlocking things for 3DS.
Considering that Wii U has no Smash Run, I'd say that the customised movesets will be already unlocked on the Wii U version.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Apparently, Sakurai has said that Smash Run will be the primary way of unlocking things for 3DS.
Considering that Wii U has no Smash Run, I'd say that the customised movesets will be already unlocked on the Wii U version.
On the Treehouse stream, they said you unlock customizable moves by doing Smash Run on the 3DS version, then you can transfer those to the Wii U version.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Heres le plan! Je laisse travaux le vendredi 3 octobre, au bon moment à la tête de mon revendeur pour ramasser le jeu, alors à la tête de la drinkstop sonore locale pour un cheeseburger, quelques frites, et un grand milkshake à la vanille sans crème fouettée ou cerise.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Heres le plan! Je laisse travaux le vendredi 3 octobre, au bon moment à la tête de mon revendeur pour ramasser le jeu, alors à la tête de la drinkstop sonore locale pour un cheeseburger, quelques frites, et un grand milkshake à la vanille sans crème fouettée ou cerise.
English please lol

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
So, in other words, we have to get the 3Ds version to get some of those moves? I had been planning only to get the Wii U version, but I guess I'll have no choice but to get both.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
So, in other words, we have to get the 3Ds version to get some of those moves? I had been planning only to get the Wii U version, but I guess I'll have no choice but to get both.
I reckon that would be horrifically unfair to the people with only a Wii U. My bet will be that they're either already unlocked on Wii U (at that point, there are literally no surprises), or they're unlocked through another mode such as Classic.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Nintendo have been that money hungry i'm sure there will be a different way to unlock them if u only have wii u version.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Oooh newcomer list!!

1. Little Mac
2. Rosalina
3. Palutena
4. Greninja
5. Villager
6. Wii Fit Trainer
7. Mega Man
8. Mii Fighters
9. Pac Man

But I love them all - so don't think I hate Pac Man! Just never really had much to do with him or his games.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I'm makin a list of characters who in my opinion will never be cut from a super smash bros title. It's not finished yet, but These are the characters I'm the most sure will always be in Smash

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Sonic
Pac-Man
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Mega Man
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Link
Zelda
Ness
Captain Falcon
Kirby
Pit
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Fox
Mr Game and Watch
Marth

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So I'm makin a list of characters who in my opinion will never be cut from a super smash bros title. It's not finished yet, but These are the characters I'm the most sure will always be in Smash

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Sonic
Pac-Man
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Mega Man
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Link
Zelda
Ness
Captain Falcon
Kirby
Pit
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Fox
Mr Game and Watch
Marth
The third party reps are a risky bet. Other than that it's pretty good. Jiggs is debatable, although personally I'm a big believer in the Original 12's safety.

No Wario? I'd say Olimar is a pretty safe choice too.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Nintendo have been that money hungry i'm sure there will be a different way to unlock them if u only have wii u version.
I hope so. It's taking me awhile to warm up to the amiibots as it is. When college starts, I'm going to have little money for a bunch of extra stuff for my games.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
The third party reps are a risky bet. Other than that it's pretty good. Jiggs is debatable, although personally I'm a big believer in the Original 12's safety.

No Wario? I'd say Olimar is a pretty safe choice too.
The thing about the third party reps is that fans are gonna want the all star four to stay in super smash bros for good, especially Sonic. Sonic and SEGA are too friendly and important to Nintendo for Sakurai to ignore, soon enough we can be even more sure that Sonic's never leaving Smash.

I honestly don't see how Jigglypuff is debatable though. Out of all the times I've been told she was a planned cut from Brawl, not one person who told me that gave me any sources.

I agree on Wario and Olimar though.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
The thing about the third party reps is that fans are gonna want the all star four to stay in super smash bros for good, especially Sonic. Sonic and SEGA are too friendly and important to Nintendo for Sakurai to ignore, soon enough we can be even more sure that Sonic's never leaving Smash.

I honestly don't see how Jigglypuff is debatable though. Out of all the times I've been told she was a planned cut from Brawl, not one person who told me that gave me any sources.

I agree on Wario and Olimar though.
It sounds like you guys are assuming that there will be a Smash 5. Is this really a safe assumption? In such a case we would expect to see the game on somewhere near 2020 on a next-gen or even next-next-gen Nintendo console. As much as I love Nintendo and the Smash franchise, I'm not entirely sure this is a sure thing.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
With E3 officially over, I have to say that this was an amazing year and, like I speculated, was the best E3 that Nintendo had since 2006. So many good things came out of the event this year:

-New Mario, Yoshi, Kirby, Zelda, and freakin' Star Fox.
-Tons of New IPs
-Confirmation that Fire Emblem and Metroid are being worked on.
-Absolutely fantastic presentation and easily the most memorable since 2004.
-Tons of Smash info

It was just a solid showing all around.
What confirmation of Fire Emblem!?

Also, to quickly change subject, I've seen a few posts in other topics in which the idea of all of the characters' other moves to be unlockable. Upon hearing that, I thought that sounded awesome, and in the off-chance that all of the characters will be unlocked from the start, I wouldn't mind unlocking everyone's new moves/move variations. I think that sounds like fun, and could be a good substitute for secret characters (in my opinion, of course). What do you guys think?
Well let's go with the assumption that there are like 50 characters,and we know each character will have 8 custom moves (not including the defaults here), which would mean like 400 custom moves to unlock. Grind fest of a grind fest if you ask me.

Now that we have 9 newcomers i'ma gonna rank 'em in order of my favorite.

Little Mac > Mega Man > Palutena > Greninja > Rosalina & Luma > Wii Fit Trainer > Villager > Pac-Man > Mii Fighters .
Palutena > Wii Fit Trainer > Greninja = Rosalina = Mega Man > Little Mac >>>>>>> Mii Fighters >>> Villager > Pac-Man

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Well let's go with the assumption that there are like 50 characters,and we know each character will have 8 custom moves (not including the defaults here), which would mean like 400 custom moves to unlock. Grind fest of a grind fest if you ask me.
I agree, forcing people to grind forever in Smash Run would be tedious and annoying. I don't mind doing little things to unlock characters, but unlocking each move, over 400 things by grinding would just be too much for me, I'd be bored instead of having fun.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It sounds like you guys are assuming that there will be a Smash 5. Is this really a safe assumption? In such a case we would expect to see the game on somewhere near 2020 on a next-gen or even next-next-gen Nintendo console. As much as I love Nintendo and the Smash franchise, I'm not entirely sure this is a sure thing.
Yes, because Nintendo is a company, and Smash is a huge money-maker.

As long as it continues to be successful, they'll keep making them.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
1. Greninja
2. Mega Man
3. Palutena
4. Rosalina
5. Villager
6. Pac-Man
7. Little Mac
8. Wii Fit Trainer
9. Mii Fighters

Note: I find them all exciting.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
With Pac-Man, there's finally a character I had been hoping for.
  1. Pac-Man
  2. Palutena
  3. Mega Man
  4. Villager
  5. Little Mac
  6. Rosalina
  7. Miss Fit/Hii Fit
  8. Greninja
  9. Ice T
With the Sal leak looking all but confirmed, may as well add them to the list:
  1. Pie Chart
  2. Pale Tuna
  3. Bad Box-art Mega Man
  4. Villagette
  5. She-Hulk Shulk
  6. Big Mac
  7. Space Peach Rosaluma
  8. Google Chrome
  9. Get Fit
  10. Hidden Shadow Flying Croak
  11. Abe Lincoln
  12. Not Marshal
All I have left to hope for is King K. Rool, Takamaru, the slight possibility of Ridley, and the return of Snake.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
For those who haven't seen it yet:
*Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire spoilers*

Looking forward to Metagross the most. :)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah the future of Metroid was discussed recently. Apparently there are future plans for both 2D and 3D styles of Metroid. Fire Emblem, on the other hand, I don't know where that came from. I even searched for "new fire emblem" on Google and nothing came up. All the results that came up were of "Project STEAM", which is being developed by the Fire Emblem/Advance Wars/Paper Mario guys.
They confirmed that Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem was still being worked on and didn't simply just become vaporware at the Project STEAM roundtable.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Fave newcomers?

1) Little Mac
2) Pac-Man
3) Greninja
4) Rosalina & Luma
5) Mii Fighters (Gunner<Brawler<Swordfighter)
6) Mega Man
7) Villager
8) Palutena
9) Wii Fit Trainer

Also, is their demo gameplay with Marth? I'm curious if he still speaks in Japanese?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Miiverse told me that custom moves are unlockable. Thinking back to the demo I played I can verify that this is true. You see that you get some kind of unlockables at the end of the demo. I never realized that they were custom moves.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Miiverse told me that custom moves are unlockable. Thinking back to the demo I played I can verify that this is true. You see that you get some kind of unlockables at the end of the demo. I never realized that they were custom moves.
There was mention of items you could equip to characters as what you got after smash run, but there have also been some talks that special moves are unlocked that way as well. The meaningless grinding will suck...

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
There was mention of items you could equip to characters as what you got after smash run, but there have also been some talks that special moves are unlocked that way as well. The meaningless grinding will suck...
I personally don't mind grinding when its something enjoyable. Brawls unlockables were kinda lame to get. Doing boss battles with each character.... *dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom