• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The FE stages have music from my only FE games.

Id Purpose for Arena Ferox and The Devoted for Coliseum. Freaking epic.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
.....I just thought of something though: Falco might be in trouble now.
Fox's variants could very well just be like Falco's moves-Blaster could be the slow one that makes flinching, his Shine c an shoot you up or be thrown, etc.

And I know people are gonna say"well Falco is guaranteed to return!" Well, that's what they said about MegaMan in MvC3......
Quoting this here since it's actually incredibly relevant... Thoughts guys? could Wolf and Falco just come back as costumes with custom moves?

Tides

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoichx
Dang, I wish they changed Donkey Kong's final smash....

At least they improved it a little though.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I just saw Genesect on the stream. He's a Pokeball Pokemon.

DISCONFIIIIIRMED!

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Sakurai stated that no character shall get the change for an alt to where they are COMPLETELY different. So no Daisy for Peach too unfortunately, unless its a color swap
Where did he say this?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
"Treehouse Rules"

If these are the kind of people we're trusting to possibly consider game balance and test the game... I'm scared. so many bad stereotypes being presented for people playing games if not supported.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
"Treehouse Rules"

If these are the kind of people we're trusting to possibly consider game balance and test the game... I'm scared. so many bad stereotypes being presented for people playing games if not supported.
Why would their own custom rules be used for balancing the game? You're overreacting.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Where did he say this?
So I can't seem to find it anywhere and now I feel like I'm subject to conjecture >_>

But if we think about it, Sakurai would probably not like to do that. When we look at WFT, Villager, and Little Mac, they're all the same person still (with the same name at least)

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
That DK fair was pretty good though.

Spiked Wii fit trainer down and it bounced them up from there all the way to the blast zone.

Im fking impressed.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Why would their own custom rules be used for balancing the game? You're overreacting.
I'm not being incredibly serious, but people playing the game with rules set in their mind while balancing could be an issue. I don't understand why using the C-Stick was so bad as an example, that's something LOADS of people will be doing. Discouraging learning to play the game properly is kinda bad.

I doubt these guys are determining final balance by any means, I just hope those 12 Sakurai chose aren't acting that way.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'm not being incredibly serious, but people playing the game with rules set in their mind while balancing could be an issue. I don't understand why using the C-Stick was so bad as an example, that's something LOADS of people will be doing. Discouraging learning to play the game properly is kinda bad.

I doubt these guys are determining final balance by any means, I just hope those 12 Sakurai chose aren't acting that way.
They're literally joking with random banter.

They said they had a gentleman's agreement to not use it, probably to get a closer feel to how the 3ds one would play.

Moreso, I heard one of them say something along the lines of "these new kids don't know about the old school ways. You do whatever it takes to win." That's the talk of a competitive player, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was sneaking in some C-sticks.

Also using C-sticks doesn't necessarily mean they are playing the game properly or not. It's just a means to using a smash attack faster.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

what you just said scares me

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pits and enemies can kill you in Yoshi wooly world

already better than kirby epic yarn

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wonder if the Japanese Mii Fighter Trailer had different Miis given titles (ex.Ice T Pours in)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Speaking of which. I hope Smash 3DS is bundled with the Circle Pad Pro.
...Look, if the Wii U can get a Gamecube adapter, we can get a second Circle Pad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom