• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
You know it could be not Link in that it's GENERIC CHARACTER. As in you make your own character. And they just made their character for the Trailer look Linkish. They do seem to be going for that Western RPG Elder Scrolls/fallout/fable/ect. sort of style and those always let you play your own character

Also it could just totally be Link and Aomura is just screwing around.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Patiently waiting for Zelda Williams to show Majora's Mask 3D tonight..

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Anyone else kinda worried or nitpicking how the victory screen has only one animation for the characters :(

Also, opinion on swimming not returning?

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok. So my thought on all the new Smash info, nothing else from Nintendo really interested me (well Hyrule Warriors looks like I might like it since it doesn't seem like it will be the kind of game with underwater parts and it looks fun and I am slightly interested in the new open world Zelda game but it is going to depend on underwater parts in the end).

So first off the Miis. I'll give Sakurai props for making them as interesting as he did. But other then that I am not all that ecstatic with them. Mainly because I feel that making 3 unique different options for them is a bit much and kinda on the lazy side. But eh, it could be worse and at least they look somewhat fun to play.

Now Palutena, first off I must say I loved her trailer. It was awesome and funny. Just like KIU. She definitely looks like she will be fun to play. Totally happy with he addition, no complaints.

Pacman. Eh. Like with Villager nothing from him really interested me. Pretty much just neutral on him.

Now about the invitational. It was pretty exciting overall. It was rather hard to keep up with the FFAs though lol. I noticed that a lot of people are salty over the GF, persnally I found it funny and liked what happened lol. Game looks fun, but it's really hard to get a feel of it without playing it yourself. Still from things I read, apparently Dash Dancing and Dash Canceling are impossible, I really hope this is because of a early build and that they will be there in the final build. I can't really make a comment on combos because there just hasn't been enough time on it, but it was awesome when Mario got that Combo on Wii Fit Trainer.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Anyone else kinda worried or nitpicking how the victory screen has only one animation for the characters :(

So far. :)
I mean they got only one animation and that's bothersome but the game crashes it's ok? :p

It's obviously still in build, I expect the final version and mostly the Wii U one to have a bazillion content.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609

Not me. In fact, I love the new victory screen.

And I really couldn't care less if swimming returns or not.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I am so worried that Starfox is going to be mostly Tech Demo stuff with limited team banter, narrative and arcadey action. But we'll see - Miayamoto is only overseeing and they could be getting any studio to work on it. The more Lylat Wars/Starfox 64 is in this, the better.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Now about the invitational. It was pretty exciting overall. It was rather hard to keep up with the FFAs though lol. I noticed that a lot of people are salty over the GF, persnally I found it funny and liked what happened lol. Game looks fun, but it's really hard to get a feel of it without playing it yourself. Still from things I read, apparently Dash Dancing and Dash Canceling are impossible, I really hope this is because of a early build and that they will be there in the final build. I can't really make a comment on combos because there just hasn't been enough time on it, but it was awesome when Mario got that Combo on Wii Fit Trainer.
Who said that? Hungrybox started dash dancing in the Grand Finals after knocking out ZSS's first stock.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Cool to see Pac-Man in Smash. Although I was expecting he'd be in his new design (which I like).

And this song MUST be in Sm4sh now:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Who said that? Hungrybox started dash dancing in the Grand Finals after knocking out ZSS's first stock.
http://meleeiton.me/2014/06/10/invitational-impressions/
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/27u2hf/ama_the_smash_invitational_participants_players/

That technically is dash dancing, but the distance he showed is literally the farthest you can go. So essentially it's useless.
Sure technically it is Dash Dancing, but it distance makes it useless. Which would be why he only used it for showing off/styling after taking out a stock.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I am so worried that Starfox is going to be mostly Tech Demo stuff with limited team banter, narrative and arcadey action. But we'll see - Miayamoto is only overseeing and they could be getting any studio to work on it. The more Lylat Wars/Starfox 64 is in this, the better.
Arcadey isn't bad! :laugh:

Ike , Mike , and cousin Pike confirmed for SSB4
IKE CLIMBERS!!!!

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I'm starting to get sick of hearing about Smash Run.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'm starting to get sick of hearing about Smash Run.
I am too, purely because there's not much more about Smash Run they can say that hasn't already been said from what I can tell... but watching Luigi fight a Stalfos to the tune of Dr Wily's castle theme is kinda cool

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom