• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
The Gentlemence vs. Billy Bass debate continues.

I think it started about Digimon, and I was never a fan of it, so I don't know much. I'm interested in the whole argument, but part of me is too lazy to search and find where it started.

Most people think I'm a guy here too. Love the reactions when they eventually realize I'm not.
#MorbidAlturism

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Stating his chances are lower than ever =/= not supportive
Hold up, let me get this straight.
So, what you're saying is he's not supportive because of something you said. Yeah sure nice logic you have there bub!
Your putting words in someone else's mouth. We all saw it, don't act like you didn't.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You had some poor reasoning behind Snake being a shoe-in which embarrassed me as a snake supporter. I even brought it up in Snake's legit threat that you embarrass Snake supporters.
How do I offend Snake supporters? Because I think he has a chance and I disproved your precious points?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Hold up, let me get this straight.
So, what you're saying is he's not supportive because of something you said. Yeah sure nice logic you have there bub!
Your putting words in someone else's mouth. We all saw it, don't act like you didn't.
No, I was talking about myself in that quote. What I meant was: "Just because his chances are dangerously low doesn't mean I don't support him returning." I never said I didn't support him coming back, and if I did it was a mistake on my part

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
And so am I! *high fives*

Most people think I'm a guy here too. Love the reactions when they eventually realize I'm not.
This doesn't surprise me.

But, then again, I haven't talked with you as much as I have Kenith lol.

I'm the opposite however, whenever I go to a forum and don't list my gender I get mistaken for being a girl xD.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
... D:

But I am :x
I'm sorry I dissapointed you, sir milady.

But if it makes you feel any better, more female users are always welcome in my opinion.

I hate the stigma that girls cannot play video games.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
The Gentlemence vs. Billy Bass debate continues.

I think it started about Digimon, and I was never a fan of it, so I don't know much. I'm interested in the whole argument, but part of me is too lazy to search and find where it started.
It most likely started long, long ago, in an eon of infinite time that's long past...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No, I was talking about myself in that quote. What I meant was: "Just because his chances are dangerously low doesn't mean I don't support him returning." I never said I didn't support him coming back, and if I did it was a mistake on my part
So then how does that correlate to PoppyBro being making you "ashamed of being a Snake supporter"?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Wow. I missed a lot.

It's funny because a couple of people on different occasions assumed I was a guy, but just gay (I fangirl over men a lot), even though my profile says my gender for the very reason of not causing confusion. :laugh: Good times...

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I was once widely considered a woman during my PSASBr days, so much so that there was once three pages of forum posts trying to figure it all out. I still to this day have no idea how it happened.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Genetically women are better and worse at certain things then men are, one of them being spacial difference. In other terms, women are genetically worse at spacing in a fighting game...

Now to hide before someone kills me or attempts to call me sexist >_>

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
How do I offend Snake supporters? Because I think he has a chance and I disproved your precious points?
You didn't disprove anything, you didn't even fight back with good arguments, that embarrasses other snake supporters
So then how does that correlate to PoppyBro being making you "ashamed of being a Snake supporter"?
He was pretty biased because of something that Konami posted on their twitter page that he thought had merit on Smash. It makes me feel embarrassed because I understand he's highly unlikely to return, and PoppyBro had poor reasoning to support him. It would really take a miracle for Snake to return

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/09/the-last-guardian-an-apology

He was pretty biased because of something that Konami posted on their twitter page that he thought had merit on Smash. It makes me feel embarrassed because I understand he's highly unlikely to return, and PoppyBro had poor reasoning to support him. It would really take a miracle for Snake to return
So then you don't like him. A supporter would want a character to come back, you clearly think otherwise.
And speak for yourself, you've grasped at straws and have used biased evidence too mister!

But let's be serious, you're trolling, aren't you?

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
This doesn't surprise me.

But, then again, I haven't talked with you as much as I have Kenith lol.

I'm the opposite however, whenever I go to a forum and don't list my gender I get mistaken for being a girl xD.
Yeah, I'm pretty new to this section of the forums, the most I've posted here was way back when Pikachu was first announced and never since then until a couple days ago due to the BestBuy thing. Most of my time has been in the P:M social and assorted Brawl or Pokemon threads.

Heh, that's pretty ironic XD

I'm sorry I dissapointed you, sir milady.

But if it makes you feel any better, more female users are always welcome in my opinion.

I hate the stigma that girls cannot play video games.
Oh, no worries, good sir. :) Thanks for extending the welcome.

I haven't felt left out here due to gender except in one thread and that was only when I first joined- since then that said thread is perfectly fine and I don't mind posting there now.

Unfortunately I don't help that stigma much since I'm pretty much a casual at smash. I can beat anyone who doesn't play it or if they do but just not often, but anyone who's been in the competitive scene (even new people) can beat me. So, stuck in the middle there.

However, I can breed a mean bunch of hidden ability/4-5IV Pokemon.

Genetically women are better and worse at certain things then men are, one of them being spacial difference. In other terms, women are genetically worse at spacing in a fighting game...

You aren't sexist, and I won't kill you. :p

There are differences in how our brains are wired. That's just how things work really. No surprise there, so no worries. :)

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

Maybe those PSABR people thought you were female because you suck at spacing in that game. :troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You didn't disprove anything, you didn't even fight back with good arguments, that embarrasses other snake supporters

Yours were full of crap like "HE'S NOT RECOGNIZABLE", which can be said about a lot of the cast.

Your basis against my #WhatFor argument hasn't been proven yet; nobody ever confirmed MGS5 on WiiU.

You also never responded to my response that MGS5 on WiiU would HELP his chances because it makes him more recognizable.

Your own arguments tore you down, and now you're going to the Snake thread and calling me an embarrassment? That's rude, and quite frankly, it makes you look like an ***.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/09/the-last-guardian-an-apology

So then you don't like him. A supporter would want a character to come back, you clearly think otherwise.
And speak for yourself, you've grasped at straws and have used biased evidence too mister!

But let's be serious, you're trolling, aren't you?
Ah, people making a big deal out of a simple mistaken yet again! What is life if not to point out others erroneous conduct; therefore making you feel as though you are actually worth something to anyone other than your "friends."

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm pretty new to this section of the forums, the most I've posted here was way back when Pikachu was first announced and never since then until a couple days ago due to the BestBuy thing. Most of my time has been in the P:M social and assorted Brawl or Pokemon threads.

Heh, that's pretty ironic XD
Dat PM Roy.

I'm a straight male but I am still a Ghirahim fangirl.
I'm a straight male but I am still a Joshua (TWEWY) fangirl.

Shut up and walk dear~

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

You just committed a form of heresy in today's society. Not nearly as bad as pointing out cognitive or behavior differences within population groups, but heresy nonetheless. I like you.

---

Last edited:

Artorias

Smash Journeyman

Morbi

Scavenger
Implying this was not a ruse to put the looks on the game again, I don't think an apology after leaving the article on the front page for like 12 hs even after it was discredited, with the title TLG cancelled, and after clicking there was an edit of them saying it was just a rumor, making it great clickbait, will suffice to restore any cerdibility anyone had on ign
It does not really hurt their credibility either. So good for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom