• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Temp Lock to clean up spam. Sorry for inconvenience.

EDIT: Alright, I've banned them and removed the spam.

Last edited:

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
We are not the only site under attack other sites are getting the same wall of text

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
So, that's how spambots will work now? I'm ready.

Sooo, um. I need judges for the item contest thread. Anyone wanna help?

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So, that's how spambots will work now? I'm ready.

Sooo, um. I need judges for the item contest thread. Anyone wanna help?
Being such a student with knowledge of items in my extensive research of ISP, I'd do it.

Also, I need to get previous tax forms. Good thing the IRS can take up to 60 days to EVEN PROCESS THE REQUEST. Now the appointment tomorrow that decides if I get to move to a better house just got wretched.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The spammer liked Tri's post! 0_o

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Being such a student with knowledge of items in my extensive research of ISP, I'd do it.

Also, I need to get previous tax forms. Good thing the IRS can take up to 60 days to EVEN PROCESS THE REQUEST. Now the appointment tomorrow that decides if I get to move to a better house just got wretched.
Are you really up to it?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It'd be great if Nintendo dropped reveals during microsoft and sony's conferences to destroy their hype.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'll reply to two bits; Do you mean the similarities between the Original Dragon and Ancient Digimon or the similarities between the Ancient Devolutions and Original Dragon? I am unsure due to how odd the conversation is. The first one, they're clearly similar if not identical to a point. The second, probably different overall. Ancient Devolution is unlikely to split them into two different Pokemons, so that's why I didn't specifically made that exact type of comparisons with Kyurem. Also, keep in mind I was under the assumption Kyurem is still the Original Dragon, just without its parts. I didn't realize it was three distinct personalities akin to what the Ancient Digimon did. If that's the case, then my comparison shouldn't make as much sense, because I used a different criteria to make it.
Yeah, I'm kind of confused about that part as well. I guess to sum it up on my end, I supported the idea that the Original Dragon and Ancient Digimon are very identical, and used it to argue against the idea that Ancient Devolutions and Kyurem's case are similar, basically hinging on that point of them being distinct in personality. So it looks like at some point we agreed, but somewhere along the line the argument got jumbled and somehow, despite reaching that agreement, we were arguing the same point against each other.

It's kind of funny, we were just saying we weren't reaching an agreement on our arguments, and here's a point where we did agree and we still argued about it. :laugh:

If N just said Genesect, that means little. According to the games, Team Plasma resurrected Genesect in general. We see little of Team Plasma. If he was referring to the Shiny Genesect, that's different. But regardless of that, they did refer to it in the movie as Awakening Forme(the Genesect/Mewtwo movie specifically) first. Anyway, could you quote exactly what N said, translated properly from Japanese and the Dub text? That'd help determine it. Saying Red Genesect would actually prove that particular one was canon, although many don't really fit. And as I said, I doubt the 3rd and 4th Mewtwo movies were canon. Mewtwo didn't technically refer to the original Mewtwo, she actually said that was her backstory, pretty much identical to the original's. It does actually matter if the second Mewtwo shows up in the anime proper due to the movies not being consistent entirely with the regular movie canon. Overall, they don't actually tie it into the anime in most movies, just a few of them. The one main thing is that Ash is always used, because he's Red's anime counterpart, so he's the logical choice. I think it's more of a cameo than anything, or just because Ash is severely recognizable that he's the perfect fit. He takes Chosen One to a whole new level. :p Also, nobody knows if all the movies are canon, except the ones that directly are referenced in the Anime. Bulbapedia, a notable source who avoids stating facts if they aren't there makes it clear it's unknown. GameFreak nor the movie/anime creators have actually said they share a continuity, so it's up to the fans at this point.
I can't find the exact text, but from the episodes I looked up, he doesn't make any differentiation in either version, he just says "What is going on here?" The movie does blatantly show that Team Plasma made them, and the context does potentially support the ruined lab N visited being where they were created, so the connection is there, but maybe not as strong.

Having said that, technically the Mewtwos could co-exist as while they have identical origins, they don't necessarily overwrite each other as nothing in the Genesect movie does so. It could just be a case where the first and second Mewtwo were been developed separately from each other by those different groups and just had similar backstories. Granted, it probably would still require some reworking, but not enough that it'd be impossible to reconcile.

It would be funny though if the two Mewtwos ever met and tried to compare backstories, I wonder how they'd react.

Overall, they don't actually tie it into the anime in most movies, just a few of them. The one main thing is that Ash is always used, because he's Red's anime counterpart, so he's the logical choice. I think it's more of a cameo than anything, or just because Ash is severely recognizable that he's the perfect fit. He takes Chosen One to a whole new level. :p Also, nobody knows if all the movies are canon, except the ones that directly are referenced in the Anime. Bulbapedia, a notable source who avoids stating facts if they aren't there makes it clear it's unknown. GameFreak nor the movie/anime creators have actually said they share a continuity, so it's up to the fans at this point.
That's a completely fair point, it's entirely possible that all of them are canon, but we don't have the evidence to make it concrete. Due of that, I can understand being hesitant to treat them all as canon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom