• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
6 days for Nintendo, so 5 days for the others right?
Also, I still don't get the schedule. Is the Sm4sh Invitational going to be before or after the Digital Event? What about the Sm4sh Discussion?
Here's the entire E3 schedule, according to Nintendolife. The Nintendo events are in bold:

Monday 9th June Pacific time
9:30am – Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing
11:00am – Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing Post show
11:30pm – Hotline Miami 2 (Dennaton Games/Devolver Digital)
12:00pm – EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Preview
1:00pm – EA Special Event
2:00pm – EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Post show
2:30pm – Battlecry (Bethesda)
3:00pm – Ubisoft 2014 E3 Media Briefing
4:00pm – Ubisoft 2014 E3 Media Briefing Post show
4:30pm – Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)
5:00pm – Dying Light (Techland)
5:30pm – Final thoughts
6:00pm – PlayStation E3 2014 Press Conference

Tuesday 10th June Pacific time
9:00am – Nintendo Digital Event
10:00am – Deep Silver (Unannounced title)
10:15am – Deep Silver (Unannounced title)
10:30am – Dragon Age: Inquisition (EA)
11:00am – Ubisoft (Unannounced title)
11:20am – The Division (Ubisoft)
11:40am – Farcry 4 (Ubisoft)
12:00pm – Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Activision)
12:20pm – Microsoft Studios (Unannounced title)
12:40pm – Microsoft Studios (Unannounced title)
1:00pm – DRIVECLUB (SCEA)
1:20pm – Evil Within (Bethesda)
1:40pm – Lords of the Fallen (NAMCO)
2:00pm – Destiny (Activision/BUNGIE)
2:20pm – The Order: 1886 (SCEA)
2:40pm – Nintendo Demo
3:00pm – Evolve Special Tournament (2K)
4:00pm – Super Smash Bros. Invitational (Nintendo)

Wednesday 11th June Pacific time
10:00am – Alienware
10:30am – Twitch Time
11:00am – Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac Games/Microsoft Studios)
11:20am – ID@Xbox (Unannounced title)
11:40am – Killer Instinct: Season Two (Iron Galaxy/Microsoft Studios)
12:00pm – Square Enix (Unannounced title)
12:20pm – Square Enix (Unannounced title)
12:40pm – H1Z1 (Sony Online Entertainment)
1:00pm – EA (Unannounced title)
1:20pm – Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
1:40pm – Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
2:10pm – Nintendo Demo
2:30pm – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (Unannounced title)
2:50pm – Crytek (Unannounced title)
3:00pm – SCEA (Unannounced title)
3:15pm – SCEA (Unannounced title)
3:30pm – Hohokum (Honeyslug, SCE Santa Monica Studio)
3:45pm – Helldivers (Arrowhead Game Studios/Sony Computer Entertainment)
4:00pm – Alien Isolation (The Creative Assembly/SEGA)
4:20pm – Civilization: Beyond Earth (2K)
4:40pm – Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4 (Blizzard)
5:00pm – Evolve Special Tournament (2K)

Thursday 12th June Pacific time
10:00am – Tetris w/creator Alexey Pajitnov
10:15am – Zombies Monsters Robots (Ying Pei Games)
10:30am – Guinness World Records – certificate presentation
11:00am – Fable Legends (LionHead/Microsoft Studios)
11:20am – #IDARB (ID@Xbox)
11:40am – Project Spark (Team Dakota/Microsoft Studios)
12:00pm – Nintendo (Unannounced title)
12:20am – Square Enix (Unannounced title)
12:40pm – PlanetSide 2 PS4 Edition (Sony Online Entertainment)
1:00pm – 505 Games (TBD) 1:20pm – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (Unannounced title)
1:40pm – Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (Gearbox/2K)
2:00pm – Ubisoft (Unannounced title)
2:20pm – The Crew (Ubisoft)
2:40pm – Nintendo Demo
3:00pm – Tecmo Koei (Unannounced title)
3:20pm – Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes (Disney Interactive)
3:40pm – SEGA Sonic BOOM! (SEGA)
4:00pm – Evolve Special Tournament (2K)

Edit: You can watch the whole thing on Twitch, by the way.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yeah probably going to do that. The big things I can't miss are the three big conferences (especially Nintendo and Sony since I intend to buy a Playstation 4 for my birthday this month), the Invitational and the two Discussions for Sm4sh and the unannounced 3DS game.
Will be pretty busy.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Yeah probably going to do that. The big things I can't miss are the three big conferences (especially Nintendo and Sony since I intend to buy a Playstation 4 for my birthday this month), the Invitational and the two Discussions for Sm4sh and the unannounced 3DS game.
Will be pretty busy.
I too am getting a PS4 for my birthday in august.#awesome

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, the Smash Bros. tournament is going to be at midnight on my time zone... Could be worse.

I don't feel compelled on buying home consoles at all, to be honest. I'm buying a Wii U almost solely for Smash 4, even though X, FE x SMT, Pikmin 3, Hyrule Warriors and the new Zelda also interest me. I could also try Wonderful 101.

I'd feel more compelled to buy a PS4 if it had retro compatibility with PS3 titles.

Never cared about Microsoft's consoles and probably never will.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
When I get a PS4 the games i'll be buying are probably gonna be 1st/2nd party games.
I'm talking about Killzone and inFAMOUS.
Seeying as the only 3rd party videogame franchises I play are Metal Gear and Sonic...
So MGSV is also on my list... and I must not forget the upcoming Uncharted 4.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I forgot to mention, but I'd also like if Wii U had GCN games on the Virtual Console. With the GCN controllers coming soon, there's no excuse for no GCN games.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So, the Smash Bros. tournament is going to be at midnight on my time zone... Could be worse.

I don't feel compelled on buying home consoles at all, to be honest. I'm buying a Wii U almost solely for Smash 4, even though X, FE x SMT, Pikmin 3, Hyrule Warriors and the new Zelda also interest me. I could also try Wonderful 101.

I'd feel more compelled to buy a PS4 if it had retro compatibility with PS3 titles.

Never cared about Microsoft's consoles and probably never will.
The Digital Presentation is at 2am where I am, and the Tournament is on the following 7am... Oh well. Caffeine is a wonderful drug. And (by the luckiest twist) I'm not working the next day. I'm reaaaaally interested in all of Nintendo's Direct - I have a Wii U and love everything about it. Pikmin 3 is a masterpiece, and Ninty have some big things coming this year, in my opinion.

I'll watch the PS4 show. Always had a soft spot for Sony, not so much their newer stuff, but Crash, Sly, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank kinda vibe.

And yeah. Who cares about Microsoft? They had a good run...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well I have found out that this coming Tuesday I'll be off work at 12pm (the exact time the Nintendo E3 show starts). I'm deciding to get myself excused a couple minutes early from work just so I can see the whole show live. It shouldn't be hard due to I'm on very good terms with my boss and he hasn't said no to any of my past schedule requests (of course I ain't telling him it's for Nintendo's E3 show so I'll make something up).

Can't wait! :3

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Argh... That person on Miiverse begging for Ganbare Goemon.

Why!? Why!?

You'd think someone with amazing drawning skills would be smarter than that.
I don't see what's wrong. Just enjoy his art and ignore the rest. Also, there's nothing really wrong since he's from Miiverse.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Guys we aren't going to learn anything about any new games by looking at more schedules so chill :rolleyes:

:sadeyes: I'm saying it to you but I'm really saying it to myself. :sadeyes:I wish we could get more info... :sadeyes: E3....please

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You know, if someone were to tell me about Mario Kart 8's roster before it was revealed, and I was told about Baby Rosalina, the Koopalings, and Pink Gold Peach, I would've thought you were making some sort of satirical joke. But nope, that's actually how it is.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You know, if someone were to tell me about Mario Kart 8's roster before it was revealed, and I was told about Baby Rosalina, the Koopalings, and Pink Gold Peach, I would've thought you were making some sort of satirical joke. But nope, that's actually how it is.
I have no idea what possessed them to do that... There would have been soooooo many better choices.

We can only hope for DLC at this point.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Argh... That person on Miiverse begging for Ganbare Goemon.

Why!? Why!?

You'd think someone with amazing drawning skills would be smarter than that.
Eh, I've seen far worse requests.
I remember one guy wanting his own "original" character in Smash.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I forgot to mention, but I'd also like if Wii U had GCN games on the Virtual Console. With the GCN controllers coming soon, there's no excuse for no GCN games.
What GCN titles would you like to see?

For myself: Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, and F-Zero GX.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I have no idea what possessed them to do that... There would have been soooooo many better choices.

We can only hope for DLC at this point.
I completely agree with you and Kenith... however.

Since playing it, I fricken love the Koopalings. The only two I dislike are Baby Rosa and PGP.

I want DLC too though. New tracks, new characters, and new karts. I've finished the game, and it took less time than MK7 and MKWii did for me. I want more to do. Personally, I think the latest addition should have more content that the 3DS version. I know it has more characters but... still.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
In other news, how good is the Wii U quick start menu? It doesn't just quick start the game that's inserted, but gives you the option to choose the last 10 or so games you played from the VC/ e-shop. So much better! Are Nintendo finally starting to understand the current market? We have no patience! Give us games now, and don't make us wait for loading!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
In other news, how good is the Wii U quick start menu? It doesn't just quick start the game that's inserted, but gives you the option to choose the last 10 or so games you played from the VC/ e-shop. So much better! Are Nintendo finally starting to understand the current market? We have no patience! Give us games now, and don't make us wait for loading!
I love it. It saves me time, and I can never get back time.

I completely agree with you and Kenith... however.

Since playing it, I fricken love the Koopalings. The only two I dislike are Baby Rosa and PGP.

I want DLC too though. New tracks, new characters, and new karts. I've finished the game, and it took less time than MK7 and MKWii did for me. I want more to do. Personally, I think the latest addition should have more content that the 3DS version. I know it has more characters but... still.
Well, I should go over right now and play MK8 on my Wii U. I just bought it, and I shouldn't give an opinion without playing it first.

Although I do like that they're trying to include different characters!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Well, I should go over right now and play MK8 on my Wii U. I just bought it, and I shouldn't give an opinion without playing it first.

Although I do like that they're trying to include different characters!
I hated the concept of the Koopaling's when they were announced. I've only ever liked Lemmy, and thought the rest were super boring. But this game gives them so much personality. I was playing 4P locally with some friends and by the end of the day it was Lemmy vs Larry vs Roy vs Ludwig.

Seriously, only Iggy is somewhat boring. Switch him for Petey, Baby Rosa for Bowser Jr, PGP for Diddy, MM for Dry Bones and Baby Daisy for King Boo. Boom. Perfect roster.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I hated the concept of the Koopaling's when they were announced. I've only ever liked Lemmy, and thought the rest were super boring. But this game gives them so much personality. I was playing 4P locally with some friends and by the end of the day it was Lemmy vs Larry vs Roy vs Ludwig.

Seriously, only Iggy is somewhat boring. Switch him for Petey, Baby Rosa for Bowser Jr, PGP for Diddy, MM for Dry Bones and Baby Daisy for King Boo. Boom. Perfect roster.

Did you just call my favorite Koopaling....boring!? :confused:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The Luigi death glare really is getting famous.

Seriously, with all the gifs, videos, and even a Fox News coverage, this meme is exactly what Nintendo needs as far as advertizement.

It's impossible to predict what will catch on, but the usual quirk and humor of Nintendo usually results in something along these lines... even if it is a Death-Stare. :laugh:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Luigi has some sort of memetic charm to him, as well. I mean, after all, Weegee exists.

As far as GCN games I want to see on the Virtual Console? All of them. GameCube is, and will always be, my favorite generation of Nintendo games.

However, if I had to choose, Melee, obviously, and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door are the best choices.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What GCN titles would you like to see?
Some titles I never got to play, such as Pikmin, F-Zero GX, Pokémon XD and maybe Tales of Symphonia. (Tales is a series I want to get into. Seem like good games.)

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance too.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
This is random, but you know what erks me to no end? The fact that a lot of pokemon, mostly legendaries, have been programmed to not be shiny in X and Y and the previous generation. That really puts a damper on my shiny hunting and I honestly hate the new promotional events that just hand you a shiny on a silver platter. Ruins the point of having them, imo. When I saw that event that offered Dialga and Palkia as shinies, I was furious because I had hunted for those two for months and succeeded, even though I accidentally killed one. URGHHHH.....

...Okay now I'm done. :smash:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This is random, but you know what erks me to no end? The fact that a lot of pokemon, mostly legendaries, have been programmed to not be shiny in X and Y and the previous generation. That really puts a damper on my shiny hunting and I honestly hate the new promotional events that just hand you a shiny on a silver platter. Ruins the point of having them, imo. When I saw that event that offered Dialga and Palkia as shinies, I was furious because I had hunted for those two for months and succeeded, even though I accidentally killed one. URGHHHH.....

...Okay now I'm done. :smash:
Yeah, that's kinda why I don't go looking for shiny Pokemon.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Gamecube titles I want to see the most are Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Paper Mario: TTYD, Super Mario Strikers and of course, Melee. These are the GC games I've played the most.

WishOn

Smash Cadet
NNID
WishOn
3DS FC
4828-5426-2919
Animal Crossing would be cool to see as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom