• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I liked in the old "Where's Waldo" clones, they had signs that said "Don't read this sign"

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
MY S00PR|\/|3 H4X SK1LLZ :evil:

You can get them at: www.danasoft.com as indicated by the picture.

Think you're anonymous on the net? Think again!
That's, kinda frightening actually. I'll be frank with you, I'm not a big fan of that.

It's a trick to where it shows everyone who reads it their own IP address, internet host, and stuff.

Similar to the username trick.
Really now?
Welp, there goes my anonymity. Thanks Frost. :glare:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Okay, explanation time.

Every device connected to the Internet has something called an IP address, which is provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Every time you have to access a website, you need to make a request to that server.

So, let's say you're going to connect to www.smashboards.com. Your device (for example, a PC or a phone) requests to SWF's servers the information required to view the web page. In return, the web server needs to know who sent that request, so that the each user can get the information they first desired.

In other words, all sites you access have to know your IP address so that you can actually view them in the first place.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ok people. Help me find a memorable quote of Olivia from FEA. I can find a few I like, but they don't really stick out like I would like. I would also prefer it if the quotes didn't mention anyone else in the game.

Pwease?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Okay, explanation time.

Every device connected to the Internet has something called an IP address, which is provided by your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Every time you have to access a website, you need to make a request to that server.

So, let's say you're going to connect to www.smashboards.com. Your device (for example, a PC or a phone) requests to SWF's servers the information required to view the web page. In return, the web server needs to know who sent that request, so that the each user can get the information they first desired.

In other words, all sites you access have to know your IP address so that you can actually view them in the first place.
Thanks for the lesson Dad. :p Now tell us why you're being represented by an evil old man. :laugh:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Ok people. Help me find a memorable quote of Olivia from FEA. I can find a few I like, but they don't really stick out like I would like. I would also prefer it if the quotes didn't mention anyone else in the game.

Pwease?
Stop staring!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Thanks for the lesson Dad. :p Now tell us why you're being represented by an evil old man. :laugh:
Eh, it's just dad being dad. You know how it is.
One day it's fishing, and the other it's world domination. Perfectly normal.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Pwease?
"I put together a new, edgier dance routine, but I'm too embarassed to show anyone!"

“In some ways, killing the dead almost feels worse than killing the living. But if it's me or them...I'm so sorry. I know you've already suffered...I'll try to make it quick.”

“This is terrible! What vicious, horrible death did that man put you through? Those wounds... you poor thing... It hurts me just to look. We'll try our best to end your suffering. I hope this will finally give you rest.”

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Because he's eeeeevil... :evil:

See above. :evil:

World Domination™

Prepare to be sued for copyright infringement. :troll:
Well, that's a good enough reason for me. :p

Also: Your avatar reminded me how awesome the Empire's Theme is.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Stop staring!
Though I do love it when that goes off for a critical, it doesn't really stand out like say "Pick a god and pray" from Fredrick or even "Checkmate" for Robin.

"I put together a new, edgier dance routine, but I'm too embarassed to show anyone!"

“In some ways, killing the dead almost feels worse than killing the living. But if it's me or them...I'm so sorry. I know you've already suffered...I'll try to make it quick.”

“This is terrible! What vicious, horrible death did that man put you through? Those wounds... you poor thing... It hurts me just to look. We'll try our best to end your suffering. I hope this will finally give you rest.”
Hrmmmmm, got any other ones?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't see why there is a marine angemon and marine devimon

Why marine forms of all things? Seems kind of random

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Images like those have been around for at least a decade now, maybe even coming up to two.

Basically everytime you access something on the internet it comes with a lot of meta data.
That meta data is kinda scary, because you send it off as a data table with your IP, your browser, your computer, your time of the day, etc etc. All of these pieces of information reveal things which can be exploited if they exist (a server can automatically recognise you're still on Windows XP and assume all the security holes you'd probably have and just immediately put you on a list of easy prey for botnets to work on).

The more scarier part is how replies sent back request cookie information and your browser automatically hands it over without question. Meaning networked sites can build up a portfolio of what you're doing, what you're looking at, when you're looking at it, etc etc all for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, storing that information on your computer and then taking a picture of it whenever you access their websites for data mining purposes.

Glorious.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Though I do love it when that goes off for a critical, it doesn't really stand out like say "Pick a god and pray" from Fredrick or even "Checkmate" for Robin.

Hrmmmmm, got any other ones?
My personal favorite is "I'm gonna kill you!" in a happy tone from Henry, if it wasn't for Nah he'd probably be my favorite character from Awakening.
Quotes like this ^ coupled with this face:
basically on all the time is just a priceless combination to me. Now that I think about it, Henry is basically Fire Emblem's Villager. :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Images like those have been around for at least a decade now, maybe even coming up to two.

Basically everytime you access something on the internet it comes with a lot of meta data.
That meta data is kinda scary, because you send it off as a data table with your IP, your browser, your computer, your time of the day, etc etc. All of these pieces of information reveal things which can be exploited if they exist (a server can automatically recognise you're still on Windows XP and assume all the security holes you'd probably have and just immediately put you on a list of easy prey for botnets to work on).

The more scarier part is how replies sent back request cookie information and your browser automatically hands it over without question. Meaning networked sites can build up a portfolio of what you're doing, what you're looking at, when you're looking at it, etc etc all for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, storing that information on your computer and then taking a picture of it whenever you access their websites for data mining purposes.

Glorious.
I don't think anyone wants to know what I am looking up...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Olivia

There's a lot of good ones in there.
Hrmm.....

"Dreams are easy to chase, but hard to catch. What do you dream about?"

That one is pretty good.....

My personal favorite is "I'm gonna kill you!" in a happy tone from Henry, if it wasn't for Nah he'd probably be my favorite character from Awakening.
basically on all the time is just a priceless combination to me. Now that I think about it, Henry is basically Fire Emblem's Villager. :awesome:
Yea. Henry's one of my fave characters from Awakening. But Olivia has the #1 spot, by a mile.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I don't think anyone wants to know what I am looking up...
Google adsense/adwords definitely does (p.s. the most widespread cookie data mining service in the world [probably]).

Those "videos chosen for you on youtube".
Yeah, that's the scariest thing I regularly get to see on the internet. When you're google searching math homework and your recommended youtube videos are about physics/etc...
**** that.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What did you expect from someone who survived a game where being killed in-game would mean dying in real-life who's also secretly Satan's son. may own a Mega Charizard X and could possibly be involved in gang wars?

(Let's see who gets this joke...)

Google adsense/adwords definitely does (p.s. the most widespread cookie data mining service in the world [probably]).

Those "videos chosen for you on youtube".
Yeah, that's the scariest thing I regularly get to see on the internet. When you're google searching math homework and your recommended youtube videos are about physics/etc...
**** that.
Kind of like when I started getting ads in Japanese after I started checking out sites for learning Japanese online...

Yeah, it gets kind of creepy.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Did anyone here watch "Code Lyoko?"

That show was awesome.
No it wasn't. :p

Anyway it turns out the free game that you get from the MK8 promotion still gives you points towards the Nintendo Network Premium. So not only did I get a free game but I also got an extra $7 bucks to spend as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom