• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
What's your favorite N64 game? Here's mine.

Now, what's your favorite GameCube game? Here's mine.

Now, what's your favorite 3DS game?

Moral of the story? You can play Ocarina of Time on every Nintendo console. (Well except the Game & Watch)
I didn't know you could play Ocarina of Time on the Nes, Snes, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy SP, and Nintendo DS.

And to answer the questions
N64;

Gamecube;

3DS;

And to go even further

Nes;

Snes;

DS;

Gamboy advance/SP;

Gameboy (Color);

Wii;
and

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I suppose I am not really interested in the 3DS title at all, but I am interested in the Wii U variant.
I'm planning on getting the Wii U version first then 3DS, unless the 3DS version comes out first.

That's the thing about Sonic, I don't understand why most people don't see how important Sonic is to Nintendo. No other third party characters are that close to Nintendo.

Morbi

Scavenger
I didn't know you could play Ocarina of Time on the Nes, Snes, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy SP, and Nintendo DS.

And to answer the questions
N64;

Gamecube;

3DS;

And to go even further

Nes;

Snes;

DS;

Gamboy advance/SP;

Gameboy (Color);

Wii;
and
Can you play OoT on the Wii? Is it some kind of virtual console thing? Or do you just mean that the Wii is backwards compatible?
I'm planning on getting the Wii U version first then 3DS, unless the 3DS version comes out first.

That's the thing about Sonic, I don't understand why most people don't see how important Sonic is to Nintendo. No other third party characters are that close to Nintendo.
I was actually a huge Sonic fan back in the day. I am just waiting on that Sonic game that captivates me once again. Sonic Adventure Battle 2 is probably one of my favorite games of all time.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Is it not exclusive to Japan? I thought that was the case.
Unknown at this point.

I don't see why they couldn't release it in the States, though. After all, it's just a car and tires, and Mercedes isn't exactly a Japan-only car brand.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How do people with horribly slurry voices get picked to be the people talking in gaming articles?

Morbi

Scavenger
Just in case anyone was wondering: You do not unlock anything in Mario Kart for getting 3 stars in every single cup. I deluded myself into believing that Diddy Kong was a secret character that you could unlock if you got 3 stars in every single cup... but alas, you do not get anything. At least the stars look nice... I guess.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How do people with horribly slurry voices get picked to be the people talking in gaming articles?
You want people to be talking super fast like Chuggaconroy? :troll:

Ironically, everyone who isn't a fan of him whined about his pacing whenever he had participated in a Did You Know? Gaming video.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
For a split second I thought you were talking about some kind of adventure time/ Tintin crossover
Nope... afraid not.
You bet your very bottom bippy it didn't! I was genuinely impressed!

In other news... IT'S EVENING SHOWTIME, KIDS! "Pokemon Mega Evolution Special 1" is here in English! Officially presented by Pokemon TV!
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-e...-pokemon-mega-evolution-special-i-may-31-2014

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still think only 3rd form pokemon should mega evolve

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
In other news... IT'S EVENING SHOWTIME, KIDS! "Pokemon Mega Evolution Special 1" is here in English! Officially presented by Pokemon TV!
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-e...-pokemon-mega-evolution-special-i-may-31-2014
Hello MegaCharizard X glorification!

As much as I'd want this to be a rule, I also know Nintendo.
They'll most likely give Pikachu a Mega Evolution. Just watch.
Most likely, it's not like it has an evolution or something that could use it. Nope, I only remember two electric mouses.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just watched the special

It felt SOOOO good seeing Mega Charizard get his ass kicked by Mega Blastoise

But I have to ask

WTF was with that annoying girls comment "Can that Pokemon even Mega evolve?"

What was she implying about Blastoise?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...yeah.

The mega evolutions make me worry that they'll now stop making proper evolutions for older Pokemon.
I mean, I love Mega Mawile, but...

----
Here's the thing. The concept to be fair isn't that terrible of an idea. And it give some Pokemon a second chance, allowing them to be better than they were before (heck, it already has.)
My issue is that they only put it towards the fan favorites, and at times rather excessively (I like Charizard as much as the next guy, but I don't think it deserved two when the other starters got one). It felt more like an attempt to make the "cool" Pokemon look even cooler.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Nintendo's E3 conference will be at 11 AM where I'm at.

Damn, I'll be at work at that time. Though if I went to lunch early....

Nah, I'll just wait to watch until I get home. Assuming I have a home at the time.... >_>

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Looking up Nintendo on google is pretty depressing nowadays. Over the last year, its been nothing but "why Nintendo needs to go third party" or "How to fix Nintendo" with more recent ones being "Can Mario Kart 8 save the Wii U/Nintendo?"

Really sad that people cant focus on positive aspects. Yes, the Wii U is not doing so great, doesnt mean your website has to write 5 articles on it.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Looking up Nintendo on google is pretty depressing nowadays. Over the last year, its been nothing but "why Nintendo needs to go third party" or "How to fix Nintendo" with more recent ones being "Can Mario Kart 8 save the Wii U/Nintendo?"

Really sad that people cant focus on positive aspects. Yes, the Wii U is not doing so great, doesnt mean your website has to write 5 articles on it.
It's not so much that people can't focus on positive aspects so much as it's about clickbait aka say something negative so that it will pique people's interest and once they click that article the revenue is theirs. Almighty Dollar takes priority over human sense alot lately.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
It's not so much that people can't focus on positive aspects so much as it's about clickbait aka say something negative so that it will pique people's interest and once they click that article the revenue is theirs. Almighty Dollar takes priority over human sense alot lately.
I also think people like to hear what they already know. People like to be right I suppose.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's depressing.
I'm still waiting for the day Raichu can use the Light Ball.
What is this "Raichu" you speak of? Is it a type of Poffin?

I really feel bad for the poor thing, it had the terrible luck of being attached to what would be the mascot and ever since it's been shoved aside. I also really do wish it got more love, whether it'd be Mega Evolution, Light Ball or otherwise.

Here's the thing. The concept to be fair isn't that terrible of an idea. And it give some Pokemon a second chance, allowing them to be better than they were before (heck, it already has.)
My issue is that they only put it towards the fan favorites, and at times rather excessively (I like Charizard as much as the next guy, but I don't think it deserved two when the other starters got one). It felt more like an attempt to make the "cool" Pokemon look even cooler.
I agree, it's not a bad idea (in fact, I like the idea), but it's one that is badly executed. The way they're treating it really does make it feel more like a marketing ploy then the new and useful mechanic, and it's unfortunate that it gave into that pandering.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a customer at work named Desimon

I wanted to ask him if he was a digimon

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Most likely, it's not like it has an evolution or something that could use it. Nope, I only remember two electric mouses.
Two? There's more than two electric mice.
Pikachu, Pichu, Plusie, Minium, and Dedede. See, that's five!
And I think that covers all off them. Yep. Totally does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom