• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh. Well, "my thoughts exactly" would have worked better, though I would have been confused regardless as I was referring to a hypothetical game.
This is why I rarely use "this" without elaboration. I just mean that I do not expect something that is already done; I expect something innovative and different, such as Portal. Portal is quite literally the best example for what I expect out of Miyamoto's new IP. Something "revolutionary" to the genre. A fresh perspective.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This is why I rarely use "this" without elaboration. I just mean that I do not expect something that is already done; I expect something innovative and different, such as Portal. Portal is quite literally the best example for what I expect out of Miyamoto's new IP. Something "revolutionary" to the genre. A fresh perspective.
Alright, then yes, your application of "this" was absolutely correct. I do agree with that, it is what I meant.

Have you noticed I type like you when you're present?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
He said there won't be a mode like the Subspace Emissary. That could mean anything. He basically said there won't be the awesome cutscenes from SSE. What's the point of a story mode without the awesome cutscenes?
Simple, one where cutscenes don't clog up most of the memory.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Simple, one where cutscenes don't clog up most of the memory.
Never mind take up 70% of the development time(well, not all of it was cutscenes, the rest was SSE in itself, but still). Not worth it overall.

The meat of the game is in the multiplayer anyway. And the lack of unique mini-games really hurt Brawl, as it felt like they removed too much for a single mode(the SSE itself was hardly bad, but it didn't feel like a great replacement for Adventure Mode, especially since we lost Race to the Finish and Trophy Grab for it. :urg:).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, there's always gameplay. You know, the reason you go through it in the first place.
A single-player experience that is not the same as versus mode, I suppose.
HF pretty much said what I was going to say.
Never mind take up 70% of the development time(well, not all of it was cutscenes, the rest was SSE in itself, but still). Not worth it overall.

The meat of the game is in the multiplayer anyway. And the lack of unique mini-games really hurt Brawl, as it felt like they removed too much for a single mode(the SSE itself was hardly bad, but it didn't feel like a great replacement for Adventure Mode, especially since we lost Race to the Finish and Trophy Grab for it. :urg:).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Felt like posting this. It actually goes well with the news regarding Mario Kart 8's good sales.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Pre-rendered cutscenes did take up a lot of space.

Zelda-like cutscenes (like those in OOT), where the models are animated in real time instead of the whole thing being pre-rendered, are a possible replacement, though they can't possibly reach the quality level of a pre-rendered one. I hope you understand what I'm getting at.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pre-rendered cutscenes did take up a lot of space.

Zelda-like cutscenes (like those in OOT), where the models are animated in real time instead of the whole thing being pre-rendered, are a possible replacement, though they can't possibly reach the quality level of a pre-rendered one. I hope you understand what I'm getting at.
I think the Sonic Adventure games(and possibly Heroes) did that too. Shadow the Hedgehog used its own unique cutscenes(and they looked glorious~).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't remember seeing any evidence there's a story mode at all.

Besides, it was less how the cutscenes were made and more the story itself. Remember, the reason there won't be any cutscenes in the single-player modes like in SSE was because of spoilers.

WishOn

Smash Cadet
NNID
WishOn
3DS FC
4828-5426-2919
I would rather have the best multiplayer experience possible than an ok multiplayer and an ok singleplayer

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
The 3DS is the primarily single-player game, and we already have Smash Run.

I think if we get anything, we'll get a Melee-style Adventure Mode. Nothing huge like SSE.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm still hoping single player will be Matroidvania styled this time around. Free giant roaming platformer whose sole purpose is to unlock things.

Mostly because, if locked characters do return, I want to have the luxury of having an easy way to unlock them in a couple of days, that was the only thing about SSE that I liked.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

"Mario Kart 8 Increases Wii U Sales By 666% In The UK"

Mario Kart 8 is the beast!!!

Iwata is the false prophet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom