• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pac-Devil actually. :awesome:

Pac-Devil? Bah, close enough. :troll:

I kind of want to become a mod for IGN's comment section.
Don't you know what they say? The more you want to become a mod, the less likely you will become one.

Call his son, he'll know what to do.
I'm sorry.
Indeed he will. :p

(Yes, it should be more than obvious by now that Blue Exorcist is one of my favorite manga...)

Seems like an easy job. Just do what I do already - mark things as spam and report people.
Here's a question: Are IGN's mods competent enough to deal with so many fanboys?

This is why I rarely go to general gaming websites. It's fanboys everywhere.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Here's a question: Are IGN's mods competent enough to deal with so many fanboys?

This is why I rarely go to general gaming websites. It's fanboys everywhere.
Honest question: Are you saying that from experience, or are you saying it because hating IGN is the cool thing to do?

Frankly, I know I'm competent enough to deal with fanboys - I post here, after all. :p
Not all of IGN's guys are idiots. I read their stuff. It's the head guys that instigate all the flame wars.

I was mostly joking though. If it is an easy job, though, I might consider it.
Frankly, I'd want to be a mod here if I wasn't planning on leaving after the release of the game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They also never mention Yarn Yoshi since then i wonder if that is still going,
I keep forgetting that this game was supposed to happen. I'd be kind of interested in the Fire Emblem crossover.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Honest question: Are you saying that from experience, or are you saying it because hating IGN is the cool thing to do?

Frankly, I know I'm competent enough to deal with fanboys - I post here, after all. :p
Not all of IGN's guys are idiots. I read their stuff. It's the head guys that instigate all the flame wars.

I was mostly joking though. If it is an easy job, though, I might consider it.
Frankly, I'd want to be a mod here if I wasn't planning on leaving after the release of the game.
Oh, no. I'm not hating on IGN because it's cool. (As punny as it would sound with my username and all, but whatever)

I'm saying that because it's not just IGN that has fanboy wars. Other gaming sites aren't much different and also have them.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Now, why do I get this feeling I misinterpreted something on your posts?

Perhaps what we have here is a failure to communicate...

Oh well.
The person that replied to me was the one that mentioned fanboy wars. I just stated a slight interest in moderating their comments.

I never mentioned fanboys.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Damn is SMT4 getting intense.

That whole thing with Tayama's human farm was freaking crazy, I was not expecting red pills to be made out of brains. Just damn. Though it was hilarious when everyone went crazy due to the pink mist and, Walter hating fishing, Jonathan acting like a cat, Isabeau bowing, and apparently Flynn taking off his pants and doing something with his nose (which was made even funnier by osabeau blushing lol). Then we get called back to Mikado and had to go into a cocoon, which has to be the cocoon one of the NPCs in a park told me about, and found out the 3 people I rescued for Gabby and Gabby herself are 4 legendary angels and will be the new leaders of Mikado. Then she talked about how Fujiwara and co will not be allowed to entered Mikado and will be exterminate if they attempt to enter, which I disliked. Then Walter and Jonathan got into a fight with Walter joining Lilith and Jonathan staying with the angels. I had to chose which one to go with. I decided to go with Walter since I disagree with his side less then I do Walters, but I'm still not big on it. I think both sides are wrong. Currently I'm heading to some place with a generator so that I can let more demons into the world.

I'm enjoying this game a lot more then I thought I would.

I never understood why people do that. Join a site for the pre-release and leave after it gets released, like what is the point. Why not just lurk instead instead of going to the bother of making an account if you don't plan to stay. I just don't get it.

Edit - Dammit. Did not mean to double post. Meant to edit my above post. >_>

Last edited by a moderator:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Damn is SMT4 getting intense.

That whole thing with Tayama's human farm was freaking crazy, I was not expecting red pills to be made out of brains. Just damn. Though it was hilarious when everyone went crazy due to the pink mist and, Walter hating fishing, Jonathan acting like a cat, Isabeau bowing, and apparently Flynn taking off his pants and doing something with his nose (which was made even funnier by osabeau blushing lol). Then we get called back to Mikado and had to go into a cocoon, which has to be the cocoon one of the NPCs in a park told me about, and found out the 3 people I rescued for Gabby and Gabby herself are 4 legendary angels and will be the new leaders of Mikado. Then she talked about how Fujiwara and co will not be allowed to entered Mikado and will be exterminate if they attempt to enter, which I disliked. Then Walter and Jonathan got into a fight with Walter joining Lilith and Jonathan staying with the angels. I had to chose which one to go with. I decided to go with Walter since I disagree with his side less then I do Walters, but I'm still not big on it. I think both sides are wrong. Currently I'm heading to some place with a generator so that I can let more demons into the world.

I'm enjoying this game a lot more then I thought I would.
That sounds really interesting! How many hours have you played it so far?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I never understood why people do that. Join a site for the pre-release and leave after it gets released, like what is the point. Why not just lurk instead instead of going to the bother of making an account if you don't plan to stay. I just don't get it.

Edit - Dammit. Did not mean to double post. Meant to edit my above post. >_>
Um, so they can talk about the game? I never even lurked to begin with.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
My game file says 33:45:08

So almost 34 hours.

I tend to take my sweet sweet time with RPGs.
Hmm...I might get it then. And yeah, I like to take my time too with those types of games. It's hard to go slow when you enjoy playing them alot though. lol

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So more Sonic Boom info has come. The Wii U version will be called Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric while the 3DS version will be called Sonic Boom Shattered Crystal.

The GamExplain guy played both and.. he claims that the Wii U version he played was extremely buggy and bothersomely slow between framerate drops and just the fact that the non-speed levels all the characters (including Sonic himself) are really slow. Granted, he played an early build, not the final version, so hopefully it'll get fixed up before release. Watching the 3DS version... apparently he says it's better polished at this point, but it looks really slow to me. Imagine the characters walking around at the speed of walking non-running Sonic from Sonic Lost World (aka the speed you get when you just push the control stick around) and that's what you get, except without the running option. It seems you only run at the usual Sonic speed in specific levels.

I already am not interested in Sonic Boom, but after seeing gameplay and hearing all of this... well... I think I'm better off that way. Lest they fix it up before release that is.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Watching the 3DS version... apparently he says it's better polished at this point, but it looks really slow to me. Imagine the characters walking around at the speed of walking non-running Sonic from Sonic Lost World (aka the speed you get when you just push the control stick around) and that's what you get, except without the running option. It seems you only run at the usual Sonic speed in specific levels.
Oh trust me. With all these newer Sonic games, the 3DS version always gets gypped in some way. We'll have issues.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Hmm...I might get it then. And yeah, I like to take my time too with those types of games. It's hard to go slow when you enjoy playing them alot though. lol
By sweet sweet time I mean exploring every nook and cranny and doing all side quests, although I've been doing those less in the game as the story progresses.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So more Sonic Boom info has come. The Wii U version will be called Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric while the 3DS version will be called Sonic Boom Shattered Crystal.

The GamExplain guy played both and.. he claims that the Wii U version he played was extremely buggy and bothersomely slow between framerate drops and just the fact that the non-speed levels all the characters (including Sonic himself) are really slow. Granted, he played an early build, not the final version, so hopefully it'll get fixed up before release. Watching the 3DS version... apparently he says it's better polished at this point, but it looks really slow to me. Imagine the characters walking around at the speed of walking non-running Sonic from Sonic Lost World (aka the speed you get when you just push the control stick around) and that's what you get, except without the running option. It seems you only run at the usual Sonic speed in specific levels.

I already am not interested in Sonic Boom, but after seeing gameplay and hearing all of this... well... I think I'm better off that way. Lest they fix it up before release that is.
This is the next generation of Sonic we're talking about, any diehard Sonic fan guy would look for it

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Oh trust me. With all these newer Sonic games, the 3DS version always gets gypped in some way. We'll have issues.
Insert completely unnecessary gyro control here :)

This is the next generation of Sonic we're talking about, any diehard Sonic fan guy would look for it
Oh trust me, I'm a Sonic fan alright. But... eh... I'm just really not liking what I'm seeing here. I'll avoid this one unless by some chance it gets specatular Game of the Year level reviews.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Critics sux.

I tend to go by random user reviews instead if I am not sure on a game. I trust random people more then I do critics.

Unless it's Nintendo Power, they never led me astray with their reviews. But they no longer exist.
Well, some opinion is better than nothing.
But in any case, I'll probably skip this one until I hear otherwise.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
By sweet sweet time I mean exploring every nook and cranny and doing all side quests, although I've been doing those less in the game as the story progresses.
Ah. That's what I was trying to get to in my post. Sorry 'bout that.

Sigh. I wish I could feel hype for that info. I have nothing against Sonic and have enjoyed the games I've been able to play (especially the music), but my view of the series has been...ruined. I never even got to really get a feel for the series before I was scarred for life. I may be exaggerating, but...the memories...the experiences! :crazy:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I don't mean to sound like a doomsayer, but I'm starting to wonder just how bad Boom is going to be. After hearing GameXplain talk about how buggy the Wii U version was and how it felt so slow... it's an early build of the game so things can still change, but I'm wondering how much it will. Sonic Boom is a multi-party project after all. It's not just the game, it's the show too, and toys and everything else. And since everything has to be released in a timely manner (aka the game has to be ready when the show is ready)... I wonder how much polish this is even gonna get. I really hope we don't get another 2006 and I know that that's a legendary level of bad that is not to be spoken of lightly, but with the way things are looking... well... it's got me thinking, that's all.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I love Sonic, but I stopped caring after Sonic Lost World bombed.

I thought they knew what they were doing after Colors and Generations, but nope.
I'm just sitting here waiting to see Blaze the Cat again...

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I love Sonic, but I stopped caring after Sonic Lost World bombed.

I thought they knew what they were doing after Colors and Generations, but nope.
I'm just sitting here waiting to see Blaze the Cat again...
I'm hard pressed to say Lost World was a BAD game, but it was a very misguided one.

They tried to solve the same problem with two answers. Problem was Sonic moves TOO fast apparently (I never had problems with it) and runs into stuff. My normal answer would be to just design levels/controls better, but their answer to this was two separate answers that maybe don't work together well. One being slow Sonic down entirely, the other being the Parkour system that isn't explained well. It's two very different answers to the very same problem.

The overall cartoony and Mario-inspired look to the game and it's levels (Grass world, Desert world, Ice world, Jungle world, Sky world, Lava world and a hidden Rainbow world at the end... sound familiar?) and the goofy looking villains that are totally not Koopas was all very divisive and since it was all so obviously Mario inspired it didn't really feel like a Sonic game.

Plus, despite having the overall kiddie theme between the colorful look and the goofy jokes, the game (especially in it's later levels) is simply too hard for any kiddie to complete.

Put it all together, it'll never be my favorite Sonic game in history (far from it), but I've played worse. It's really just a mish mash of misguided ideas scotch taped together and put in a box.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Who here has played Maplestory? Just me? Okay....
Who here is aware of Maplestory 2 being made? Just me? Okay...

The recently released trailer seems nice as well. But to understand the models,we need @ TheFirstPoppyBro TheFirstPoppyBro to measure the kawaii-ness of this Korean game. No? Okay...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It sounds like how to say "no." in a sarcastic way.
Also,I might have to contact D. Wolf,I got a new episode for Law and Order : SVU. My ears have become **** victims.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Who here has played Maplestory? Just me? Okay....
Who here is aware of Maplestory 2 being made? Just me? Okay...

The recently released trailer seems nice as well. But to understand the models,we need @ TheFirstPoppyBro TheFirstPoppyBro to measure the kawaii-ness of this Korean game. No? Okay...
Good thing for you, I changed mine avatar yesterday.

THOU HATH SUMMONED ME. What dost thou wisheth me to look at, praytell?

I also like how I'm the go-to guy for this now. :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom