• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Is anyone here good at spriting? I'm look for advice to get better at it myself.

Funny you should mention cats, because mine just died like 20 minutes ago.
Geez. Sorry to hear that. I don't like cats myself though. But still would have to suck.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
ITEMS AT THE SMASH INVITATIONAL?!?
IT DON'T MATTER BECAUSE THAT MAN PPMD IS THE TRUTH.
DID YOU SEE THAT FOUR STOCK?

EDIT: M2K JOHNS ABOUT FOX AND FALCO BEING THE ONLY VIABLE CHARACTERS BUT THAT'S ALRIGHT THE PROPHECY IS TRUE, 20XX IS HERE.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Real men use items. :p

They probably have items on for demonstration purposes. Gotta reap as many info as possible.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I came home to find my air conditioner busted and was blowing hot air, the house was hitting 115 degrees. My poor cat just barely made it a few minutes ago. I absolutely understand the sadness you must be feeling right now, I was crushed walking into that house. Hope things get better for you :(
I had my air conditioning break once...

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
This is a little different because no one has played this game yet. Everyone will have the same experience level when playing.
It is true, the scenario has turned a LOT. There will always be those select few though who wont have fun. I got a feeling we'll all be too hyped to notice

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
6 years left until 20XX. Each year at least one top tier character will be demoted to a lower tier until 2 remain in 2019. There can only be one victor.:falcomelee:. The truth be told the mighty dome fossil only speaks the truth.:140::141::136::131::145:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
6 years left until 20XX. Each year a top tier character will be demoted to a lower tier until 2 remain in 2019. There can only be one victor.:falcomelee:. The truth be told the mighty dome fossil only speaks the truth.:140::141::136::131::145:
Eh, the Dome Fossil was just a bunch of baloney anyway.
I only support the Root Fossil.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Funny you should mention cats, because mine just died like 20 minutes ago.
One of my cats was almost as old as I was. He had to be put down in May of last year. Hope you feel better.

Out of curiosity, does anyone here know who Wizzrobe is?
Er, no.
Looking up the name, I found that there's a Project M player with that name, so I assume that's who you're referring to.

----

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Of fossils,I really liked the results of the Amber Stone.

All praise Aerodactyl!

Other words,have you heard of that deadly non-zombie apocolypstic asteroid expecting to come around 2029?
Estimated 2/3 of the population to die. It's been guessed to be 23 miles long.
They plan to destroy it with rockets....
Even if it is successful I think tinier asteroids will still impact.
Pray to your divine beings this is successful. I hope this isn't a hoax. But atleast we have about 14 years if it isn't....time to waste 13 of them!

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

All praise Aerodactyl!

Other words,have you heard of that deadly non-zombie apocolypstic asteroid expecting to come around 2029?
Pray to your divine beings this is successful. I hope this isn't a hoax. But atleast we have about 14 years if it isn't....time to waste 13 of them!
It's a hoax.

Artorias

Smash Journeyman

All praise Aerodactyl!

Quoting from wikipedia
The asteroid99942 Apophis (previously better known by its provisional designation 2004 MN4) will pass within 30,000 km (18,600 mi) of the Earth, very briefly appearing as bright as 3rd magnitude. A possibility exists that Apophis could go through a 400 m wide "keyhole" on this pass which would put it on a collision course with the Earth in 2036.[1]
Meh, I wouldn't worry too much, it has to go through a 400 meters range spot to be on collision course. The chances for this to happen must be very low.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
A 325 metre long asteroid ain't got nothing on Mexico Bay.

"The Sentry Risk Table estimates that Apophis would make atmospheric entry with 750 megatons of kinetic energy.[3] The impacts that created Meteor Crater or the Tunguska event are estimated to be in the 3–10 megaton range.[39] The 1883 eruption of Krakatoa was the equivalent of roughly 200 megatons and the biggest hydrogen bomb ever exploded, the Tsar Bomba, was around 57 megatons. In comparison, the Chicxulub impact has been estimated to have released about as much energy as 100,000,000 megatons (100 teratons)."

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Eh, if it's inevitable, it's inevitable. Probably a hoax, but I kinda want it to happen.

Sucks that 1/3 of the population might survive, though. I wish everyone died. It'd make me feel better, as I wouldn't be missing out on anything.

----

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be off-topic here for a sec. I was playing SMB2 and realized something.
In Doki Doki Panic, Luigi's counterpart is called "Mama". Mama, is Luigi. Mama, Luigi.
Nintendo was making YTP memes before they were cool.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
A 325 metre long asteroid ain't got nothing on Mexico Bay.

"The Sentry Risk Table estimates that Apophis would make atmospheric entry with 750 megatons of kinetic energy.[3] The impacts that created Meteor Crater or the Tunguska event are estimated to be in the 3–10 megaton range.[39] The 1883 eruption of Krakatoa was the equivalent of roughly 200 megatons and the biggest hydrogen bomb ever exploded, the Tsar Bomba, was around 57 megatons. In comparison, the Chicxulub impact has been estimated to have released about as much energy as 100,000,000 megatons (100 teratons)."
Reading the quote was like trying to find the z-score of a sample mean. (not to say I don't understand it)

I wish I understood science more I love it so much. I wish I was a casual learner.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You have no idea how many wiki articles tabs I have open right now because some asshole in one of these articles decided to list historical "mega tsunamis".

Basically, if this asteroid hit, it would deal damage, obviously, Apparently up to 4km wide crater. Krakatoa being 240 megatons is a good indicator because contemporary responses to it were "I literally heard an ear-numbing explosion in Indonesia while in South Africa".

The chicxulub impact, which unless I'm mistaken, is THE BIGGIE, the assumed biggie that wiped out dinosaurs and left a crater the width of America afterwards, is estimated to be about 2 million times more powerful an impact than what this asteroid would do. That stretches the comprehension pretty well, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom