• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Is it really that bad? Because she did an excellent job as Pandora in KIU, portraying one of the best characters of that game.

Really goes to show how bad voice acting isn't always the actors' fault, but can also result from bad voice directing. Another example of that is Samus's voice in Metroid: Other M.
It isn't that bad. People are exaggerating. I really don;t see the problem with the voice in all honesty.

It's no worse then any old American Cartoon voice. I mean really, it's not that bad.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Is it really that bad? Because she did an excellent job as Pandora in KIU, portraying one of the best characters of that game.
Coming from a guy who can take a certain level of annoyance, I just couldn't deal with this one.
One could use this as a form of torture if they really wanted too.
It just makes me hope to God they don't have songs in this. I'd still like to keep whatever I have left of my eardrums.

Really goes to show how bad voice acting isn't always the actors' fault, but can also result from bad voice directing. Another example of that is Samus's voice in Metroid: Other M.
It has to be bad voice direction. I've seen her other work. And she's done some decent roles. But everyone has to have some bad roles along with good ones I guess.

It isn't that bad. People are exaggerating. I really don;t see the problem with the voice in all honesty.

It's no worse then any old American Cartoon voice. I mean really, it's not that bad.
Sure, but it's not good either.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I liked more of the gameplay than cutscenes in Other M. My favorite boss was probably Nightmare,mainly because it lives up to it's name in this game. It wasn't as repulgant as the GBA one without it's mask,but it did leave a scare.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Coming from a guy who can take a certain level of annoyance, I just couldn't deal with this one.
One could use this as a form of torture if they really wanted too.
It just makes me hope to God they don't have songs in this. I'd still like to keep whatever I have left of my eardrums.
You annoyance level isn't as high as you think it is then.

Sure, but it's not good either.
I dunno. I kinda like it. The voice reminded me of the likes of Looney Toons, Tweety Bird, Tom & Jerry and the like.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
You really can't blame a voice actor/actress for being annoying so much as voice direction. On the Subject of Bubsy, the woman that voiced him in the infamous Bubsy 3D was none other than Lani Minella, aka Pit in Smash Bros Brawl, Rouge in Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Battle, Sonic Heroes, 4 of the 7 Koopalings (Wendy, Morton, Lemmy, and Larry) and also Boom Boom and Pom Pom, Ivy beginning in Soul Calibur III... really, it's just like the Voice Director for Bubsy told her "Be really annoying, the kids will like it"

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Nice! Now where's Shadow and Rouge?
I don't know. Maybe they'll surprise me and put them in there, but lately it's seemed to me that with the more cartoonier direction they've been taking Sonic, they've actually been trying to steer away from those characters save for the occasional multiplayer spinoff outing (All Stars Racing, Olympics, Riders etc.) and Sonic Generations which was an anniversary bash therefore likely to include 20 years worth of fiction.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You annoyance level isn't as high as you think it is then.
Here's the thing, with any character, I like to think there's a fine line between tolerably annoying, and annoying.
If you play a character right, then the annoying character can end up somewhat of a positive trait. Such as a foil the other characters can use as a joke (especially for the villains).
Play it wrong, and you end up with an intolerable Scrappy.
Now while this could be that I have to see just how it goes, she certainly isn't making a decent first impression.

I dunno. I kinda like it. The voice reminded me of the likes of Looney Toons, Tweety Bird, Tom & Jerry and the like.
Really? I honestly didn't think so.
The thing is, I've heard that same voice before. I just don't know where.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Here's the thing, with any character, I like to think there's a fine line between tolerably annoying, and annoying.
If you play a character right, then the annoying character can end up somewhat of a positive trait. Such as a foil the other characters can use as a joke (especially for the villains).
Play it wrong, and you end up with an intolerable Scrappy.
Now while this could be that I have to see just how it goes, she certainly isn't making a decent first impression.
>Intolerable Scrappy

Yep. Low annoyance level.

Also I liked Scrappy

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I just want to remind everyone.. this IS the Sonic series after all. And the Internet's reaction to this... well... let's pull out the map, shall we?
SonicCycle.png

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As much as I loved Olga's voice in Hey Arnold!, I welcome Sticks with open arms for introducing someone interesting for once instead of boring characters like Shade the Echidna. Her being a badger and boomerang fighter is a plus too. :3

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Five comments in a row ending with troll faces?

A NEW RECORD! WOO WOO! :troll:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
what makes the item system suck/the game broken?
Oh, so many things.
First off, the fact that you can hold just one item at a time takes away all the little strategy Mario Kart had before, forcing you to keep the item for protection up to the entire race sometimes, instead of throwing it in search of something better. The game straight up punishes you if you dare launching the item trying to get an opponent behind you, leaving you with your butt exposed, especially if you get the dreadful Coin item.
The Coin item is simply a mistake. In first position, it appears too often (up to three times in a row to me) leaving you completely defenseless and also being useless if you already have the 10 coins. It shouldn't appear when you already have them. Hell, it shouldn't exist. I hope a patch removes it.
So, basically, 99% of the time you're just holding that Banana/Green Shell, and if they're used to protect you from another item, chance is you'll have to wait a quarter of the track to take another item. One-two punches happen often so you really can't do anything about that.
The Blue Shell thing is a little better maybe but the Box item is very rare especially in first position, and even if you manage to get it you'll probably just keep for the entire race waiting for the Blue Shell (I used it against the Shell just once and I already beat all the 50cc, 100cc and 150cc cups with a three-stars ranking).

In the end, it comes off as simply boring when played at a low difficulty since you barely see the other players, and it's broken when it's at a hard difficulty for the reasons I said above.
To be honest, the whole game seems incredibly dumbed down to me. The two Rainbow Roads are by far the easiest, most boring and flat Rainbow Roads of the entire franchise. The item system completely removes all strategy involved before and even all the characters/karts feel almost the same, with a couple of exceptions.

Last edited:

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Eh, Badger the Scrappy's voice isn't really that bad. Speaking as someone who's very nitpicky with voiceacting, I've certainly heard worse. Character looks fun, but I think her shtick could get old really fast.

Not that I have any interest in Sonic Boom anyway. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom