• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So Wii U games can be played with the Gamecube controller. Good to hear.

But not as exciting for me as the Brawl Dojo update showing the different kinds of control settings you could use for the game.

----

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A GameCube controller adapter. Nice, guess the GCN controllers will last another generation.

And I got to hear that new Sonic character's voice. It's not that bad as some people were saying. I've heard far worse than that.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, I guess this means I'll have to get off my lazy butt and get a Wii U then.
Ah well, such is life.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So, I guess this means I'll have to get off my lazy butt and get a Wii U then.
Ah well, such is life.
The last video game I remember getting was...Kingdom Hearts: BBS back in September 2010.

...Yeah. For the most part nowadays, I'm just content with watching playthroughs of the newer games like Dream Team, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remix, A Link Between Worlds, X and Y, Kingdom Hearts: DDD, and others.

I'm tempted to buy a 3DS and WiiU just for Pokemon OR/AS and the two versions of SSB4, though... I might also buy KH: DDD after getting the 3DS even though I don't really have any reason to.

I also kinda want a PS3 so I can buy the KH 1.5 and 2.5 remix games and MGS Legacy Collection.

----

Oh, and apparently Nintendo filed a trademark for Pokemon Delta Emerald.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/29/pokemon-delta-emerald-trademark-surfaces

I assumed that OR/AS would also be a remake of Emerald, but I guess they really want the $$$.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I will pay top dollars for this Sm4sh, I know it.
It's already 100 bucks for both versions.
Then there's the Gamecube controller adapter and at least a couple of controllers (I have two but they don't work that well anymore, also that Smash Bros. styled controller will be MINE).
Then there are the NFC figurines, which I would buy even if they'd unlock like an alternate menu or something silly like that.
Also, if they announce a special Smash Bros themed 3D XL, I'm going to bite that even though I already have a 3DS (the Zelda OoT one).
I just hope to God they aren't going to make a special WiiU version too. They didn't do it for Mario Kart, so there's hope.

My pocket isn't ready, but I'm sure as hell are.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Some one on Twitter thinks that the GCN adapter could mean GCN on VC. I kinda hope they just make an update for backwards compatibility.

I like it though, now I won't have to buy a whole buncha stuff to play with a GCN or go and get a Pro controller. And, I'll hopefully be able to use it for SMT X FE.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'd rather want Gamecube games on VC since I never owned a Gamecube and it's games.
Eh, I guess it be ok for some. I have most of the games I need (Melee, Sonic Heroes, Pokemon Colosseum and XD, and Fire Emblem Path of Radiance.) I don't feel like buying them again.

In other news, I wonder how many people are gonna end up using the controller adapter. I was hoping we'd be forced to adjust.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In other news, I wonder how many people are gonna end up using the controller adapter. I was hoping we'd be forced to adjust.
I intend to pick up both the adapter and a pro controller just to see which I like better. More options is always good.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
So 20 of the 30 announced characters so far will be playable... It kind of makes me wonder what they based their choices on.
Big hint at big moveset changes for unavailable characters IMO. All 12 first announced characters (Villager, Bowser, DK, Fox, Kirby, Link, Mario, Mega Man, Pit, Samus, Fit Trainer, Pikachu) are playable. Strangely left-out normal characters like Peach, Luigi and Yoshi... they all saw changes in their movesets in one way or another, as seen on the daily pics.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I intend to pick up both the adapter and a pro controller just to see which I like better. More options is always good.
Interesting. I'm just wondering how bad button lag would be. I do like the GCN controller though, always had. Gives off that nostalgic feel. Heck, once I played Oath of Radiance, I couldn't play Radiant Dawn with the Wii Remote. I guess I don't have to worry about the Wii U controls at least.

But smashing on the 3DS might be hard without a C-Stick.

D

Deleted member

I'm sure I'll adapt to the 3DS; I don't really use the C-Stick too much. Heck, I used the sideways Wiimote as my preferred controller at one point.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The thing about GC on VC is that it mostly doesn't matter anymore for me. I already have the best games of the GC with a working GC with 2 GC controller which makes buying them on VC pointless (also I love the little startup animation :) )

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So Nintendo ACTUALLY made an OFFICIAL GameCube controller adapter for Wii U. That totally shut me up (but I still think the GameCube controller is incredibly overrated).

Now for a GameCube controller adpater for Nintendo 3DS :troll:
(God, I really hope Nintendo doesn't go that far...)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So Nintendo ACTUALLY made an OFFICIAL GameCube controller adapter for Wii U. That totally shut me up (but I still think the GameCube controller is incredibly overrated).

Would love it just to fix my L button (rip once usefull :GCLT: you were a great friend).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Don't tempt them. Just... don't.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oooh I'm so jelly! My GC is long gone, along with my games. :c
Seriously, I know this feel. I made a post on my memories of ssbm in the how we love character reveal thread which I state how selling my Gamecube was a terrible mistake. Even today I'm living with the consequences but I got what I wanted from ebay and I learned from my mistake (also, if you want to read my post ssbm made me buy again this console).

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Eh, I guess it be ok for some. I have most of the games I need (Melee, Sonic Heroes, Pokemon Colosseum and XD, and Fire Emblem Path of Radiance.) I don't feel like buying them again.

I know I will, I just hope it ain't too expensive

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This image is pretty cool, it showcases all the franchises Nintendo has made:

No For the Frog the Bell Tolls, even with the inclusion of the Famicom Detective Club. ;-;

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can't help but think Nintendo just made this adapter to satisfy the tournament players.
So, they wanted to satisfy valid players of the game. And get easy cash.

I honestly am having a hard time seeing the downside here. I mean, anybody who buys the game is a valid player, right? It's not like it matters how they play the game when tons of options are given that lets you do just that...

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I can't help but think Nintendo just made this adapter to satisfy the tournament players.
My guess is it's going to be into the obvious Limited Edition version of the game, at around 89,99 dollars probably.
I don't think they're going to mass produce it like the Pro Controller, even though it probably works on every game (it would be silly if it worked on Sm4sh only).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I was on YouTube and made the "mistake" of posting the following comments

http://tinypic.com/r/2gvtvzc/8

http://tinypic.com/r/vzx43q/8

http://tinypic.com/r/10zr406/8

I have unleashed Hell upon the world. :troll:
lol I would actually be ok with the wiiu pro controller. It's just that why not take a controller that I liked more? Also, I'm not one of those who was annoyed by wireless interference but lots of people was so I'm just glad that it clears out some worries.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Lets forget about Smash for a moment...

WHO'S HYPED FOR SOME GOT DAMN MARIO KART?!?!

Meeeeeeeeeeeeee :D
Me too going to buy it tomorrow (thanks to a counter to the blue shell).

I will only play it after I go to my grandmother's house because my brother took the third of all the bandwith I could use for a month only in 2 days which means THAT I'LL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL IT'S LATE IN THE EVENING TO PLAY IT!!! :mad:

(huh... why can't unlimited internet exists where I live?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom