• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
Honestly? Balance and fun wise probably :p All my Ganon infinites... Mmm...

By the way, is there any other fighting game remotely worth getting on the 3DS?
I really like what they have done with SF4 on the 3ds. It may not be for everyone though since a lot of people will just spam thanks to it
EDIT: they made shortcuts to special attacks and ultras in the touchscreen btw, thats what i was talking about

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Unrelated to anything being discussed here, but here's a remix of the Lanayru Sand Sea from Zelda: Skyward Sword.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Why do people think the 90 minutes for a 3DS game will be Majora's Mask 3D?

Why could they POSSIBLY talk about for 90 minutes when the game came out at LEAST 10 years ago?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of Skyward. Just tried to get the Hylian Shield via boss run today and failed. The Imprisoned 3rd battle is A TOTAL ***** (least favorite Zelda boss ever).

I'll be trying again after I play some Ittle Dew & Mario Kart 8.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Speaking of Skyward. Just tried to get the Hylian Shield via boss run today and failed. The Imprisoned 3rd battle is A TOTAL ***** (least favorite Zelda boss ever).

I'll be trying again after I play some Ittle Dew & Mario Kart 8.
Speaking of Mario Kart 8, my Gamestop had it available today, so my grandma got it today from my pre-order.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't get frustrated when play I Smash on a competitive level.

I know I suck at the game on a competitive level because I am having to relearn the game all over again basically. I know it's my fault that I lose, and luck one of the few times I win, items on or not items on. But random items make it more boring.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I usually don't play with items on. They're distracting. Though I do sometimes play with only Smash Balls on.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The issue I have with them is especially if I'm trying to get better with someone. I want to make sure that if I win, it's because of my skill, not because I used items.
Other than that I'm indifferent about them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm mostly indifferent when it comes to items. To be honest, Smash can be fun with or without them. I'm just glad that we're supposed to be getting an online mode where we can choose to fight without them on. It should be fun.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With items or no items, I don't really care much actually. I don't see how items can be distracting when they can be used to your advantage, which I always try to do.

Epic sounding!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I only play with a few items. Nothing stupid like hammers or the Dragoon... just a few things to keep it interesting like the Motion Sensor Bomb, Banana Peel, Fire Flower, Green Shell, Mr. Saturn, Pitfall... that's about all I can remember but yeah, works okay for me.

I don't hate items. They can be really fun. When I play with my friends who are new to the game I just leave them all on so they have a better chance.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I don't like having ALL items on, it's too hectic for me. I spend a lot of time in item switch.
Same,
items like Spicy Curry, Hammers, Timer, Star, and the Lightning Bolt are turned off for me.
They've annoyed me far too much online.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You just realized: The Humpty Dumpty poem never says anything about him being an Egg.
"According to the Oxford English Dictionary the term "humpty dumpty" referred to a drink of brandy boiled with ale in the seventeenth century.[1] The riddle probably exploited, for misdirection, the fact that "humpty dumpty" was also eighteenth-century reduplicative slang for a short and clumsy person.[8] The riddle may depend on the assumption that, whereas a clumsy person falling off a wall might not be irreparably damaged, an egg would be. The rhyme is no longer posed as a riddle, since the answer is now so well known. Similar riddles have been recorded by folklorists in other languages, such as "Boule Boule" in French, "Lille Trille" in Swedish and Norwegian and "Runtzelken-Puntzelken" or "Humpelken-Pumpelken" in different parts of Germany; although none is as widely known as Humpty Dumpty is in English"

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
"According to the Oxford English Dictionary the term "humpty dumpty" referred to a drink of brandy boiled with ale in the seventeenth century.[1] The riddle probably exploited, for misdirection, the fact that "humpty dumpty" was also eighteenth-century reduplicative slang for a short and clumsy person.[8] The riddle may depend on the assumption that, whereas a clumsy person falling off a wall might not be irreparably damaged, an egg would be. The rhyme is no longer posed as a riddle, since the answer is now so well known. Similar riddles have been recorded by folklorists in other languages, such as "Boule Boule" in French, "Lille Trille" in Swedish and Norwegian and "Runtzelken-Puntzelken" or "Humpelken-Pumpelken" in different parts of Germany; although none is as widely known as Humpty Dumpty is in English"
Sooooo.. Was I right?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I just beat Bowser for the last time in Super Mario Galaxy, but I'm actually gonna try going for 100% completion. Really nervous about the outcome though

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I just beat Bowser for the last time in Super Mario Galaxy, but I'm actually gonna try going for 100% completion. Really nervous about the outcome though
Why do some people have to be overachievers? Just beat the final boss & you're done.

*Flame shields up*

It was a riddle in order for the reader to figure out it was about an egg using slang of the time period
DANG IT WIKIPEDIA!

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Made all the 50cc and 100cc cups (minus the last retro one) in Mario Kart 8 and... Eh. Slightly disappointed.
The game looks incredible, but it's broken. The new item system sucks. Tomorrow I'll see how the game is in multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom