• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Beauty and the beast is pretty much the same, but with some minor things changed

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'd feel the same way, but I don't own any Kart games as of now.
I feel for you there, I still have some good classics around that I feel no need to replace.

Actually, I think I have a good question. I admit, I REALLY haven't followed newer games almost at all as of late, I'm getting that 3DS soon and might want to play, any game suggestions? (Cheap ones get bonus points)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I feel for you there, I still have some good classics around that I feel no need to replace.

Actually, I think I have a good question. I admit, I REALLY haven't followed newer games almost at all as of late, I'm getting that 3DS soon and might want to play, any game suggestions? (Cheap ones get bonus points)
The only games I own nowadays are Virtual Console games. Though I did enjoy Kid Icarus Uprising when I still had it.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

Kirby Triple Deluxe is pretty good.

Does anyone know any good songs to kill time?

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Here's a few that I enjoyed.

Kid Icarus: Uprising - GREAT on-rails, third person shooter. Voice acting is a plus, and Sakurai's twisted Greek mythology still gives me a kick. This, being two years old, may be cheap.

Fire Emblem: Awakening - Not the best choice for a first FE game, but sill enjoyable. Music's great, and it's about a year old now, so the chances of finding it cheap.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - This is a hard one to suggest. It's a great game, and I love it to death, but the start of the game is rough.. harsh, because it dumps you right into the game. If you end up getting this, I'd be glad to help you through the first few hours, as once you get past that, you're home free.

Professor Layton (Miracle Mask and Azran Legacy) - Masterpieces of the puzzle genre. I'd suggest you go in starting with the first game for the DS, but any of these would be an OK start.

Pokemon X or Y - Pretty fun, but like Awakening, not the best.

Ocarina of Time 3D - If you loved it then, you'll love it now. This game was made for the 3DS' visuals.

Dillon's Rolling Western - Nintendo's Tower defense game. A little retro in it's progression (read: hard and occasionally frustrating) but it's cheap price makes up for it. Semi-addicting as well.

Super Mario 3D Land - Not as great as Galaxy, but I had a lot of fun with this one.

Also, the VC on the 3DS is nice, I'd drop about 25-30 dollars just on stuff you haven't tried.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Kirby Triple Deluxe is pretty good.

Does anyone know any good songs to kill time?
I don't know much about anime, I don't know much about movies nor books.
But what I do know is this:
"How do I know about this?" You ask? Do you really want the answer?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

This gif is so epic.

As for good 3DS games:

Kid Icarus: Uprising - One of the best games ever. Good shooting game with lots of gameplay options and the story is quite good, employing humor and also has good voice acting. Soundtrack is epic too and multiplayer can be loads of fun.

Fire Emblem: Awakening - Japanese Strategy RPG which has some nice game mechanics. The story isn't the best, but it's enjoyable. Good soundtrack. Voice acting has English and Japanese options, both dubs being good, with well-known voice actors much like KI:U above.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - It's freaking Ocarina of Time with revamped graphics and adapted gameplay. Timeless masterpiece.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - Back to its top-down 2D roots and one of the best Zelda games (among many). Also employs interesting twists to the classic Zelda structure, which isn't bad at all. On the contrary, it is a breath of fresh air. The dungeons are creative too. Lastly, the soundtrack, which is pretty good with some really neat sounding remixes of well-known tunes.

Bravely Default - Judging on what I played on the demo, seems a good pick for any JRPG fans. Still need (and want) to buy this game, but my first impressions of it were good.

Last edited:

Artorias

Smash Journeyman

As many said before, Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokemon X Y, Super Mario 3d Land, LoZ: Ocarina of Time and Link Between Worlds are all good games.
I haven't seen anybody recommend you Luigi's Mansion 2. If you enjoyed the one on Gamecube i'm sure you'll like this one. It's Lugi going through 5 different mansions hunting ghosts with a vacumm cleaner. It's pretty fun and interesting, as any Luigi's Mansion game is expected to be, but divided in episodes intsead of freeroaming through the mansion like in the first game. The online is a bit dull though, i didnt really pay attention to it.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
...I've seen some strange things in my life.
But this, I don't even.
Well, I knew the awesomeness of that would probably be too much for some people here to handle.

The anime that gif is from (which is Durarara!!, by the way) contains a lot of crazy awesome scenes like that.

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...wii-u-finally-abandoned-by-third-party-d.aspx
This is a huge nail in the coffin, even after they said they supported the Wii U.
Judging by that site's name and the way that article is written, I wouldn't take it seriously.

It looks a lot like a satirical article. (Or at least, a very sarcastic one.)

Last edited:

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...wii-u-finally-abandoned-by-third-party-d.aspx
This is a huge nail in the coffin, even after they said they supported the Wii U.
i wouldn't really take this seriously.
1) I think its pretty ridiculous to think that EA not releasing Madden games into the Wii U has anything to do with the success or not of the console
2) The apple thing at the end looks totally out of place.

Though if Ubisoft really said they are taking away their support for the Wii U that is some bad news since they were one of the fews to release an excluive game into it. I wouldnt worry to much though.
The actual reason for the failure of the console may just be how it pales againts new generation consoles and the lack of third party games, wich can be atributed to the first thing. That and how very few companies takes it seriously since the Wii was a console that appealed to a more casual demographic. I actually also think it may be that a lot of kids/parents don't realise the Wii U is a new console and not just an accsesory for the Wii. I think that for the next gen Nintendo should wait a couple of years and release a console equal to the Ps5/Xbox whatever and abandon the Wii brand all together

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm kind of confused.

For curiosity,I attempted to Pre-Order the game from Best Buy (The pending box art seems a bit bland.) about ten minutes ago. I did everything that you would usually do,then,the confusing part. "Your gift will be expected to arrive on 12/31/14 - 1/07/15." I was pretty dazed. I double checked,made sure I got the 3DS version,which I did,then I suggested it may be because I'm on shipping. I switched to Pick Up At Store. Same dates.

I'm not used to pre-ordering,so what the **** is going on?

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm kind of confused.

For curiosity,I attempted to Pre-Order the game from Best Buy (The pending box art seems a bit bland.) about ten minutes ago. I did everything that you would usually do,then,the confusing part. "Your gift will be expected to arrive on 12/31/14 - 1/07/15." I was pretty dazed. I double checked,made sure I got the 3DS version,which I did,then I suggested it may be because I'm on shipping. I switched to Pick Up At Store. Same dates.

I'm not used to pre-ordering,so what the **** is going on?
The game was delayed and they are sharing that information at E3 :troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, since no one has recommended Virtual Console (or eShop in general) games yet...
River City Ransom: It's a beat-em-up with RPG elements thrown into the mix. The only thing I find to be a bit "meh" is the fact that grinding is a must in this game. But other than that I liked it.

Megaman 2: Of all the NES Megaman games (and I've played six mind you), this is the one I recommend if you're starting the franchise for the first time. It's not the hardest (well, by Megaman standards) and arguably the most memorable of the six.

VVVVVV: Coming from someone who's always had a liking to older games. This is one that I was always interested in (mostly due to the music). I've always called the game "deceptively simple". And why not? The biggest obstacles are spikes and moving things (and in the predicable kind). But somehow this game ends up one of the most difficult games I've played. So if you find Nintendo Hard game to be fun, there's always this.

Well, I knew the awesomeness of that would probably be too much for some people here to handle.

The anime that gif is from (which is Durarara!!, by the way) contains a lot of crazy awesome scenes like that.
Well, I'm not saying it's bad. It's just weird. The "stop sign as a weapon" concept alone sounds like something straight out of Guilty Gear (not saying that's a bad thing).

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Gah... so many games use the blasted stylus... I like my good old fashion buttons... It's the same reason I could'n't get into the Wii, all that waving around crap drives me nuts...

I do hate looking at games, you guys gave awesome suggestions for the average gamer honestly from looking at them, but maybe I need a more specific parameter.

I'm uninterested in anything suggested because it has a good storyline. It's more cost effective more me to just look up the story on Wikipedia. Plus, I don't have to go through the annoying gameplay points just to get my snippets of storyline. This pretty much cuts out anything remotely like Zelda or Fire Emblem games of which I had started to play in the past then just went on wikipedia to skip all the other junk and get my story.

So nothing with grinding just to get some story, I want to be quickly into the fun and action, hopefully something intriguing, exciting, or brain busting in some way. Avoid complete randomness in mechanics as possible (Blue Shells and the like.) If it helps, I'm horribly addicted to board games (have a collection close to over 100 and non of that sissy Monopoly stuff either :p )

Or, maybe the answer is videogames minus Smash just aren't for me and I should just buy more board games... Hrm...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
VVVVVV: Coming from someone who's always had a liking to older games. This is one that I was always interested in (mostly due to the music). I've always called the game "deceptively simple". And why not? The biggest obstacles are spikes and moving things (and in the predicable kind). But somehow this game ends up one of the most difficult games I've played. So if you find Nintendo Hard game to be fun, there's always this.
Oh this is a good one. I just LOVE the positive force music. It's that kind of music that gets you into your head and you just love that.

here it is:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh this is a good one. I just LOVE the positive force music. It's that kind of music that gets you into your head and you just love that.

here it is:

Oh The Tower.
One of the most painful experiences I had.
Not as bad as those six screens, but still painful nonetheless...

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh The Tower.
One of the most painful experiences I had.
Not as bad as those six screens, but still painful nonetheless...
I didn't found it that hard but veni vedi vici IS ANOTHER STORY!!!

If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's an optional trinket that you can get on a level that I don't remember its name ("pushing onward" plays during it and it's not the very first level). This is the hardest trinket you can get and it is SO HARD. I took like an hour and 500 deaths to get.

(btw, I think that it's those "six screens" you're talking about).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I didn't found it that hard but veni vedi vici IS ANOTHER STORY!!!

If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's an optional trinket that you can get on a level that I don't remember its name ("pushing onward" plays during it and it's not the very first level). This is the hardest trinket you can get and it is SO HARD. I took like an hour and 500 deaths to get.

(btw, I think that it's those "six screens" you're talking about).
Oh it is, oh good Lord it is.
Half of my deaths were on that darn thing (around 500-600).

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
So nothing with grinding just to get some story, I want to be quickly into the fun and action, hopefully something intriguing, exciting, or brain busting in some way. Avoid complete randomness in mechanics as possible (Blue Shells and the like.) If it helps, I'm horribly addicted to board games (have a collection close to over 100 and non of that sissy Monopoly stuff either :p )
I'd like to jump in and offer a suggestion. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D was great if you missed the Wii version, removing all of the motion control gimmicks to make controls feel much more precise. The story is literally just that Donkey Kong's mad that some tikis stole his bananas, so no problems there. It's a creative, fast-paced, and surprisingly challenging platformer (especially so in the later levels), which also includes an easy mode and the item shop for when things get too difficult. It's probably not too expensive also, since it's been out for a while now. I had a great time playing it, even considering how much it differs from the original trilogy.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
A new Pushmo/Crashmo game was just announced for the Wii U.

Mallo confirmed??

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Those are some pretty good reads! I'm trying The Lord of the Rings.
If you have already watched the movies. Prepare to see a lot of things wrong with the movie and never be able to see watch them in the same view again.

So many important details they left out.

So how many of you here plan on getting Mario Kart 8 when it comes out?
I'm still satisfied with Double Dash. So that's a no for me.

Hrmmmmm. Good cheap 3DS games......

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers is usually right around 20$ when bought used. I haven't played this game yet, but I plan to get it eventually based on how much fun I have been having with SMT4.

I've heard good things about Shinobi, which you can get for like 10 bucks used and 20 new.

Rayman Origins is totally legit if you don't have it for the Wii already.

......Finding good cheap 3DS games is hard. :/

Gah... so many games use the blasted stylus... I like my good old fashion buttons... It's the same reason I could'n't get into the Wii, all that waving around crap drives me nuts...

I do hate looking at games, you guys gave awesome suggestions for the average gamer honestly from looking at them, but maybe I need a more specific parameter.

I'm uninterested in anything suggested because it has a good storyline. It's more cost effective more me to just look up the story on Wikipedia. Plus, I don't have to go through the annoying gameplay points just to get my snippets of storyline. This pretty much cuts out anything remotely like Zelda or Fire Emblem games of which I had started to play in the past then just went on wikipedia to skip all the other junk and get my story.

Or, maybe the answer is videogames minus Smash just aren't for me and I should just buy more board games... Hrm...
Etrian Odyssey.

The games aren't played for story.

Stylus isn't important.

Battle are hard, they're gonna make you think. Random elements still exist, but they help to make the game funner as there are ways to counter them.

Quick buttons presses not required.

Sounds like the perfect game for you lol. But the 2 on the 3DS aren't exactly cheap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom