• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Doesn't change the fact that a fish turned into an octopus.
If it gets a third evolution, it should be some kind of bird or an even more ridiculous creature by comparison. (based off another form of artillery)

-----
Clearly, it should be something along the lines of a tank.

Gun -> Cannon -> Tank

Remora -> Octopus -> Cuttlefish? (closest thing I can think of)

EDIT: Never mind, Octillery is "Okutank" in Japanese, so he's already a tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Tomorrow my store will break street date and I'll finally get Mario Kart 8. Will ease the wait for E3 hopefully.
Lucky! I still have to wait a while longer! I just beat DKC:TF yesterday so i'm eagerly waiting to play MK8

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Man, MK8 has me hyped up! Even a terrible roster of racers can't hold me back now!

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Cuttlefish? (closest thing I can think of)

Speaking of cuttlefish, have you heard about Jurassic World where they seem to be genetically splicing a new dinosaur for the park that is a Tyrannosaurus spliced with a Raptor spliced with a snake spliced with a Cuttlefish? So basically Diabolus Rex (the name I guess they're going with) is a big Tyrannosaurus that is smart like a raptor, can open his mouth like a snake and instant camo himself like a cuttlefish.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I got some things to kill time before E3, there's the trip I'm taking to Texas, Super Mario Galaxy, Sakurai's posts, Sonic Adventure 2, the Runaway Guys, blah blah blah...

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I got some things to kill time before E3, there's the trip I'm taking to Texas, Super Mario Galaxy, Sakurai's posts, Sonic Adventure 2, the Runaway Guys, blah blah blah...
Me not too much. Work, studying Japanese, Mario Kart 8, and hopefully good old fashioned sex. That's basically it though.
Oh wait, Orange Is The New Black season 2 is coming out on the 6th.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Me not too much. Work, studying Japanese, Mario Kart 8, and hopefully good old fashioned sex. That's basically it though.
Oh wait, Orange Is The New Black season 2 is coming out on the 6th.
That's nice, I'm gonna wait a little while before I buy Mario Kart 8, I've 100%'d Mario Kart Wii, but I'm just dry and need more practice

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Still disappointed that I already basically know everything about the game though.
They should've kept a bunch of characters secret
Yeah, I kinda feel that I myself am to blame for knowing the cups/tracks, music and characters.
I should of shown restraint, and avoided the news, but ah well what can you do.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I have come to invade the social thread....or something.

What we talkin' bout? My preferred thread isn't doing anything at the moment,so I came here. I can see some familiar faces. Mr.SonicFanfics :troll:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Oh, that's @ Cap'nChreest Cap'nChreest . KEEP IT UP SEXY FALCO!
Hehehe... Super Luigi U is too hard... The drawings I make while playing suck lol. Meanwhile I post a decent pic to the amazing mirror community and it gets one yeah. I guess I learned that drawings should only go to the smashbros community lol.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of cuttlefish, have you heard about Jurassic World where they seem to be genetically splicing a new dinosaur for the park that is a Tyrannosaurus spliced with a Raptor spliced with a snake spliced with a Cuttlefish? So basically Diabolus Rex (the name I guess they're going with) is a big Tyrannosaurus that is smart like a raptor, can open his mouth like a snake and instant camo himself like a cuttlefish.
....are the scientists in that movie stupid or something?
Why would you make such a creature that would threaten humanity's entire existance?!
It's not like that movie universe has an ultimate apex predator such as Godzilla to keep the balance of nature in tact...

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
....are the scientists in that movie stupid or something?
Why would you make such a creature that would threaten humanity's entire existance?!
It's not like that movie universe has an ultimate apex predator such as Godzilla to keep the balance of nature in tact...
So the story APPARENTLY is like this:

They got this big ole monorail park called Jurassic World (this is apparently 22 years after the first Jurassic Park) and it seems to be working just fine, business is great, but in order to keep people buying tickets to the theme park, they need to make new dinosaurs so they make Diabolus Rex to attract more customers. SOMEHOW or another, he gets lose which of course results in what I assume is the usual Jurassic Park running and screaming and stuff. Then I heard something about trained dinosaurs that are trained to fight Diabolus if they need to or something like that but. Eh... they're still filming, they've got time to change stuff.

D

Deleted member

So the story APPARENTLY is like this:

They got this big ole monorail park called Jurassic World (this is apparently 22 years after the first Jurassic Park) and it seems to be working just fine, business is great, but in order to keep people buying tickets to the theme park, they need to make new dinosaurs so they make Diabolus Rex to attract more customers. SOMEHOW or another, he gets lose which of course results in what I assume is the usual Jurassic Park running and screaming and stuff. Then I heard something about trained dinosaurs that are trained to fight Diabolus if they need to or something like that but. Eh... they're still filming, they've got time to change stuff.
I don't know what to think of the thought process behind this...the actions of the plot by the scientists, I mean; not the plot by the scriptwriters itself.
I mean, one would think that the problems that the Jurassic Park caused would be enough to not try to recreate the concept of a theme park, let alone genetically create a superkiller of an apex predator. And "training" other dinosaurs to fight this predator if he escaped? Assuming you counted on such a creature that shouldn't have been made in the first place to be set loose, safety measures such as means to take it out before it causes too much damage should have been invested in; not sending other dinos to go after what clearly outmatches them.

I don't mean to sound like a critic about this, but come on....

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't know what to think of the thought process behind this...the actions of the plot by the scientists, I mean; not the plot by the scriptwriters itself.
I mean, one would think that the problems that the Jurassic Park caused would be enough to not try to recreate the concept of a theme park, let alone genetically create a superkiller of an apex predator. And "training" other dinosaurs to fight this predator if he escaped? Assuming you counted on such a creature that shouldn't have been made in the first place to be set loose, safety measures such as means to take it out before it causes too much damage should have been invested in; not sending other dinos to go after what clearly outmatches them.

I don't mean to sound like a critic about this, but come on....
I think it's pretty accurate.
It shows how people are stupid.
Even the "smart" ones.

Where have you been for the past 5 years? It's been in dev. hell.
I tend to not keep up with movies so much.

I never expected there to be a Jurassic Park after the third one, so I never bothered to look it up. lol

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
not a single one in South Carolina... :glare:

They were at my Best Buy last year so I hope the list gets updated to include SC (note the list did make an update last year).

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I remember watching the 3rd JP and being disappointed with the Spinosaurus killing the T-Rex. Kinda inacurate...
Was I supposed to put in spoilers?
Then again... there are those "Velociraptors".

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I remember watching the 3rd JP and being disappointed with the Spinosaurus killing the T-Rex. Kinda inacurate...
Was I supposed to put in spoilers?
Then again... there are those "Velociraptors".
Especially when they didn't even live on the same continent. :troll:

D

Deleted member

IIRC, there were three of those "V-Rexes" (fictional dinosaur said to be much larger and more evolved than the standard T-Rex).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom