• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'm confused as to how this kind of thing could be even implemented into Smash Bros in the first place unless the NFC figurines function as extra buyable trophies that can be added to the in-game collection.

See, I kinda sorta see it that way. For those that don't know, the Kid Icarus AR cards added Idols (aka the Kid Icarus version of Smash Bros trophies) to the game, granted you could already collect these Idols through other in-game means. But with the cards you could set them on a desk and view them in Augmented Reality. I imagine something similar for Smash Bros except with Trophies but without the augmented reality bit.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Volga reminds me of Volvagia... his name and helmet remind me of Volvagia.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I really hope they offer additional content you couldn't get through somply playing the game with the NFC. If they offer things that aren't in the default game like say hypothetically alt costumes (Example: Hyrule Warriors Link) and/or songs (Example: Kirby: Triple Deluxe final Boss theme), I think that will be a good incentive for people who aren't really interested in buying something they can get on their own in due time.

I really hope this is done right, between this and Hyrule Warriors i'm excited for E3!

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Everybody's talking about that Hyrule Warriors game, and I'm just sitting here waiting for Pokken Fighters to be revealed officially.
1367226612320 (1)-1.png

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Waiting for Smash Bros. 4.

You know, we should really make a forum for talking about Smash Bros! I don't know what this place is... some kind of hype forum. :troll:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm waiting for more news on SMT x FE over here. :L
I'm waiting for more info on that game too.

It's been a very long time since they last revealed the only teaser for the game. Didn't they make a promotion in which you would get a discount on FE:A and SMT IV if you bought one of the games or something?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm waiting for more info on that game too.

It's been a very long time since they last revealed the only teaser for the game. Didn't they make a promotion in which you would get a discount on FE:A and SMT IV if you bought one of the games or something?
I think they did yea.

And yea, it's been over a year since we got told about the game. xD

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm just desperate for news on Pokemon ORAS, Sonic Boom, StarFox, GCN Virtual Console titles, and a 3DS remake of Majoras Mask
I'm kinda sorta interested in Sonic Boom. But I hope this isn't a new, permanent path for SEGA design-wise. I'm sorry, but Tails looks like he's DLC for Borderlands, or something. :s

As for GCN titles- I'm all for it. XD, SA2, and especially Melee.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm kinda sorta interested in Sonic Boom. But I hope this isn't a new, permanent path for SEGA design-wise. I'm sorry, but Tails looks like he's DLC for Borderlands, or something. :s

As for GCN titles- I'm all for it. XD, SA2, and especially Melee.
Tails in Borderlands? Now that's insane.
That's DeviantART levels of crazy. And God knows none should go that far.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You know what was really cool about yesterday's PoTD?

We got proof of something being changed mid development.

^That's from the first Smash direct and you can see Bowser's back.

But then the PoTD

This is the first real example, unless I'm forgetting something, of something being subjected to change and getting changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom