• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
No, just a ****ty one that got some facts wrong. Mostly saying the show was a bout Li instead of Sakura.

But the facts about the dubbing done by Nelvana is true. Things were totally censored horridly, like how Disney is messing with Doreamon (spelling?) an how Sailor Moon was messed up by DiC. :/
Well. It's a good thing I don't bother with sub if dub is available then. So that I don't know what I'm missing out on, lol.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Well. It's a good thing I don't bother with sub if dub is available then. So that I don't know what I'm missing out on, lol.
That's generally how I handle anime. Dubs for life and subs if there is no dubs. And never a 4Kids dub of anything (anymore).

The Mother kids.
For the life of me I still have no idea how they work. And heaven forbid you make me try to recover with them. That's another story.
I think they are the only characters that were poorly made in all of SSB. Having to aim an attack at yourself while your falling is like trying to hit a bullet, with a smaller bullet whilst riding a horse. (someone please get this reference.) i

And, in all honesty, Ness and Lucas aren't all-stars, otherwise they would have sold a buttload more copies and got a longer lasting franchise.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
My mains?
64 -:link64:
Melee - :younglinkmelee::sheikmelee:
Brawl - :lucario::olimar::link2::toonlink::sheik:

My fate is in your hands smash brethren. I want to buy a virtual console JRPG on my Wii U Virtual Console.

Should I buy Earthbound or Golden Sun?
I faced that question, said "F*** it" and bought both.

So I heard that people at Rare got layoffs due to Kinect Sport Rivals flopping.

When is Microsoft going to learn that Kinect has not been and will never be the future?
Microsoft is releasing a Kinect-less XBone.
http://www.winbeta.org/news/microso...ss-xbox-one-all-about-giving-consumers-choice

So there's that.
And that's why I wanna work for them.:awesome::rotfl:

At least give Huntik a try.

That was actually a good one that aired on 4Kids.
I've seen bits an pieces of it on Saturdays when I didn't go to my now ex-girlfriend's place. So I have no real idea what it's about lol.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ph...-claims-nintendo-copied-patents/1100-6419650/

I've seen bits an pieces of it on Saturdays when I didn't go to my now ex-girlfriend's place. So I have no real idea what it's about lol.

That's the opening.

Now keep in mind that it's been a while since I watched it, I watched all of season 1 but none of season 2 and I want to rewatch season 1 and then get caught up but I can't with satellite internet (well MAYBE during the summer I can MAYBE).

Actually. Wikipedia can explain it better then me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntik:_Secrets_&_Seekers

But seriously, it is actually legit good.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Crazy. This guy will lose though. Everyone knows that money > Proof of guilt.
The only way Philips would win is because of stupidity.

There really shouldn't be a legit case to it at all. MS and Sony aren't being patented with this when they have similar things, not to mention Nintendo had pointer system thing back in the days of the NES with Duck Hunt. Like c'mon e_e.

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Why has no one noticed this yet? ._.
I did. This is just sad. Phillips is trying so hard not to fade into obscurity, even though they already have.

Either the judge will throw the case out, or Nintendo will ruin them in court. Also, why hasn't Phillips going after Microsoft and Sony as well? The patent in question that's being violated is also partly violated by the Kinect and Playstation Eye.

Every1XplodeNOW

Smash Cadet
NNID
Every1XplodeNOW
3DS FC
4296-3001-1245
My mains:
64: :samus2::kirby2::pikachu2:

Brawl: :lucario::samus2::metaknight::falco:

I actually haven't played Melee enough to really say for it.

Edit: I'm not sure about Sony, but it's pretty obvious why they're not going after Microsoft for the Kinect.

Last edited:

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
I do my own leak
Just take a photo with a Nokia 1500, and put it on the Internet (YouTube, Tumblr, Tiwtter, Famous Forums, you know)
And... I will have a "real" leak, a "real" questionable leak!

Last edited:

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman

Pic of the day. This is the capsule for the Assist Trophies. It may emit rainbow-colored lights, or even blink. Even if there's something like a Color TV-Game 15 inside….

That filler... :(
On next pic of the day: Mario's hat is red, except when you change the color. Ah, and for bonus: Luigi's hat is green.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
So, anyone watch sports?
No. And I think they should all be taken off the air because the money used on these events and games could be better spent on education, health care, and societal infrastructure.

As for how they should be spent on thee three things, I don't have all the answers.

EDIT: The tax payer, on average pays 71% of the cost of American Football stadiums for the NFL.
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2013/10/how-the-nfl-fleeces-taxpayers/309448/

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
It depends. Did they need Microsoft's permission for any of the following?

1. Kremlings and King K Rool in Mario Super Sluggers?
2. Donkey Kong Country games on Wii Virtual Console?
3. GameBoy Advance re-releases of the DKC games?
The difference here is that Nintendo owns the Donkey Kong IP and the rights to all it's games, even the ones that RARE made. That also includes the characters in the IP.

EDIT: In fact, Microsoft thought they got Donkey Kong in the RARE purchase.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...t_they_owned_donkey_kong_after_acquiring_rare

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It depends. Did they need Microsoft's permission for any of the following?

1. Kremlings and King K Rool in Mario Super Sluggers?
2. Donkey Kong Country games on Wii Virtual Console?
3. GameBoy Advance re-releases of the DKC games?
No.

They didn't for any of those...

The only thing that potentially caused problems was the Rare logo itself.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Warning Received
Guys...

I've seen alot of stuff on the internet. Alot of wrong stuff. But I just watched something that I never want to see again. Probably the worst thing you can find on the internet.
It's really disgusting.

Don't watch this if you can't handle this much blood and violence it is really disturbing! This shows how humanity has dropped. I just had to share it. Again...it's very disturbing to watch!

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys...

I've seen alot of stuff on the internet. Alot of wrong stuff. But I just watched something that I never want to see again. Probably the worst thing you can find on the internet.
It's really disgusting.

Don't watch this if you can't handle this much blood and violence it is really disturbing! This shows how humanity has dropped. I just had to share it. Again...it's very disturbing to watch!
Before I click that link, what is it about?

Put the contents in spoilers.

Last edited by a moderator:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Before I click that link, what is it about?

Put the contents in spoilers.
It's about Jihadists in Syria. I couldn't watch the whole video it was too disturbing. But the part I watched was them shooting innocent people with a AK-47 as they drove by.

Wait...how do I do the spoiler thingy again?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's about Jihadists in Syria. I couldn't watch the whole video it was too disturbing. But the part I watched was them shooting innocent people with a AK-47 as they drove by.

Wait...how do I do the spoiler thingy again?
That doesn't sound too bad...

Did it actually show the murders on screen? Because that's not allowed on Youtube.

Morbi

Scavenger
Guys...

It's really disgusting.

Welcome to the real world; it happens all the time. I like being aware of it; at the very least, it reminds me of how privileged I am.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
The Arabic world needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. The more secular apologists always cite Islam's haydey in the 7th and 8th centuries as fostering the sciences but that doesn't apply today and grossly ignores the atrocities they still performed in the name of their religion. Thanks to Sharia law culture, my friend deployed in Afghanistan only saw two unveiled Afghani women during the entire six months he spent on patrol.

These people have such an intense, feverish anger stemming from reckless international involvement, overwhelming disparity, militant tribalism, and extremists who want nothing more than to instigate reasons to justify greater unrest and more conservative Islamic uprisings (such as drawing incoming fire towards the civilians that they claim to stand for), and they'll take it out on anyone and blame anyone but themselves. It'll never end as long as these things remain acceptable and as long they have U.S. & NATO backed leadership. They'll never reach peace peacefully.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
The Arabic world needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. The more secular apologists always cite Islam's haydey in the 7th and 8th centuries as fostering the sciences but that doesn't apply today and grossly ignores the atrocities they still performed in the name of their religion. Thanks to Sharia law culture, my friend deployed in Afghanistan only saw two unveiled Afghani women during the entire six months he spent on patrol.

These people have such an intense, feverish anger stemming from reckless international involvement, overwhelming disparity, militant tribalism, and extremists who want nothing more than to instigate reasons to justify greater unrest and more conservative Islamic uprisings (such as drawing incoming fire towards the civilians that they claim to stand for), and they'll take it out on anyone and blame anyone but themselves. It'll never end as long as these things remain acceptable and as long they have U.S. & NATO backed leadership. They'll never reach peace peacefully.
Well....i'm a terrorist according to Saudi-Arabia..
If I would get a penny for the amount of people I've terrorized i'd be broke though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom