• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Curently these are my mains in each game:

Melee: :marthmelee::sheikmelee::jigglypuffmelee: (Yes, it's actually a coincidence that these are all top tiers. I don't play competitive Melee.)
Brawl: :marth::luigi2::wolf::sheilda:
Project M::marth::samus2::gw:

Marth is my overall main, but I play with all of my secondaries about as much as I play with him.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here are my mains:

64 -:pikachu64::kirby64:
Melee -:roymelee::drmario:
Brawl - :warioc::toonlink::lucas:

Also,

So I heard that people at Rare got layoffs due to Kinect Sport Rivals flopping.

When is Microsoft going to learn that Kinect has not been and will never be the future?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I only ever have one main for each game (Melee is Peach and Brawl is Olimar and PM is undecided) but I liked having a sub or 2 so things don't get stale.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Here we are, my three mains for both Brawl and Melee

Brawl: :toonlink:, :lucas:, and :falco:(with :sonic: as a VERY close runner up)

Melee: :younglinkmelee:, :drmario:, and :roymelee:

My WORST characters in both games:

Brawl is :ganondorf:, :warioc:, and the :popo:

Melee is :nessmelee:, :bowsermelee:, and again, :icsmelee:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I main Mario, Luigi, Fox and Samus in Melee and Brawl. Though I'm no pro. Sometimes I use Ganon and Sheik a fair bit. I've been trying to use Mr. Game and Watch more too.

I'm terrible with Ness.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It's so funny.

Before I got into competitive play and was actually a casual Smash player, didn't get on sites for Smash or anything like that lol though I still preferred stocks and 1V1 and no items as a casual player, Fox use to be my main for Melee and Ike for Brawl, because among my friends those were my best characters. But it turned out I sucked badly with Ike. And when I saw all the technical skill Fox needed for Melee I was like lol nope nope nope.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anyone excited for Mario Kart 8 like I am? I pre-orderded that game on the stop after playing a few demos. The soundtrack and graphics easily make it one of the best racers on the Wii U (Sorry Sega All Stars fans.)

mimgrim

Smash Hero

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Oh hey, I see we're spamming what our mains are

Smash 64: I literally only played this game once at a friend's house and I sucked at it, especially at using the N64 controller.
But still, the main guys I used were: :jigglypuff64: and :ness64:
Melee: I can't even play my melee copy any more because my Wii got stolen (but not my Wii U, but they DID take the gamepad xD)
but here were my guys: :mewtwomelee: :jigglypuffmelee:
And in Brawl, the only smash game I can actually play at this moment: :gw: and :pikachu2:but I have used quite a few other characters almost as much, these are just the guys I generally get the best results with.

I don't go to tournaments but I do try to be a good player and generally fight friends and such with a competitive set-up when they don't basically force items on or choose stupid stages.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, this is my 500th post already wow I talk alot (and I like this forum also to share my love for paper mario).

Speaking of it, for this occasion, I will tell you a funny TTYD trivia I discovered while messing with free look during my glitch hunting.

In the chapter 1, at hooktail castle, you have to beat a red dry bone. Doing so will make the horde of regular dry bone go away but, their graphics are still loaded after which means that if you zoom out the camera...

This happens :) It looks like an asteroid belt for me. You don't know, but you're not alone in this room...

Also, this forum is great. I wouldn't think that I would reach this number just to speculate. I'm impressed at myself.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
So, this is my 500th post already wow I talk alot (and I like this forum also to share my love for paper mario).

Speaking of it, for this occasion, I will tell you a funny TTYD trivia I discovered while messing with free look during my glitch hunting.

In the chapter 1, at hooktail castle, you have to beat a red dry bone. Doing so will make the horde of regular dry bone go away but, their graphics are still loaded after which means that if you zoom out the camera...

This happens :) It looks like an asteroid belt for me. You don't know, but you're not alone in this room...

Also, this forum is great. I wouldn't think that I would reach this number just to speculate. I'm impressed at myself.
500 posts and your forum anniversary is tomorrow... Nice.

*Looks at my own post count* well whatever.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
We are spamming our mains?
64- :linkmelee::jigglypuffmelee::luigimelee: (:foxmelee:)
Melee- :linkmelee::ganondorfmelee::zeldamelee::jigglypuffmelee::mewtwomelee: (:samusmelee:)
Brawl- :ganondorf::toonlink::zelda::falcon::snake: (:samus2:)
Project M- :link2::ganondorf::zelda::falcon::ness2: (:mewtwomelee::samus2:)

The parenthesis are just honorable mentions; I play all of my characters a lot, but Link is basically my designated main in every game except for Brawl (where Ganondorf became my primary main and Toon Link replaced Link).

You make me feel like I have no life. I mean, I don't, but you make me aware of it.

Morbi

Scavenger
Anyone excited for Mario Kart 8 like I am? I pre-orderded that game on the stop after playing a few demos. The soundtrack and graphics easily make it one of the best racers on the Wii U (Sorry Sega All Stars fans.)
I am very excited. I actually decided to skip the demo, I want the game to be a fresh experience. I have contemplated playing Mario Kart Wii to ease the hype a little bit, but I don't want to become accustomed to one game. The other day people were talking about how Mario Kart 8 felt off, so I don't want that. Other than that, I never got around to Mario Kart 7, so Kart customization, coins, gliding, underwater, and some characters are going to be completely new to me.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Everyone's posting their mains huh? Well alriiiiighht...

64 - :mario64::link64::fox64::pikachu64::yoshi64:

Melee - :linkmelee::peachmelee::icsmelee::samusmelee::falcomelee:

Brawl - :toonlink::peach::yoshi2::zerosuitsamus::falco:

Am I cool now, I did it too

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Does any one have any gifs of the Spirit Tracks stage for Smash 4? Like, a gif of a character touch the floor of the staging and getting pulled with it or platforms flying in or other train parts connecting to the main train and things like that?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
My fate is in your hands smash brethren. I want to buy a virtual console JRPG on my Wii U Virtual Console.

Should I buy Earthbound or Golden Sun?

A bit of background. I love the Mother Series, but I haven't actually played Earthbound since it originally came out on the SNES. I still have my original cartridge, but I would rather play it on the game pad and not worry about having to get my SNES out. I've wanted to replay the game for years now, and it might just be time to scratch that itch.

I played Golden Sun years ago as a room mate of mine had the game. I never finished it, not sure what else came up but I probably put about 14 hours into it though. I enjoyed the game but it never grabbed me the way Earthbound did. I would love to give it another chance and actually play it to completion, though.

What's the verdict?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I would go with Earthbound.

I haven't played either series but Earthbound interests me more then Golden Sun, and I do eventually want to get into the Mother series at some point down the line. Holden Sun, not so much. So yea, go with Earthbound.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
My fate is in your hands smash brethren. I want to buy a virtual console JRPG on my Wii U Virtual Console.

A bit of background. I love the Mother Series, but I haven't actually played Earthbound since it originally came out on the SNES. I still have my original cartridge, but I would rather play it on the game pad and not worry about having to get my SNES out. I've wanted to replay the game for years now, and it might just be time to scratch that itch.

I played Golden Sun years ago as a room mate of mine had the game. I never finished it, not sure what else came up but I probably put about 14 hours into it though. I enjoyed the game but it never grabbed me the way Earthbound did. I would love to give it another chance and actually play it to completion, though.

What's the verdict?
EARTHBOUND!

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361

What's the verdict?
Earth.Bound

Get it now :ness:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

What's the verdict?
Even if I haven't played golden sun, the choice would be obvious for me: EARTHBOUND!!!

Unfortunately, this is the kind of game that you have to experience it to get how amazing it is. But just to put this in perspective, if TTYD is the best rpg I've player, Earthbound goes second followed by chrono trigger. It's the kind of rpg that is really weird on the outside but has a deep meaning on the inside. Some moments are laughable and thus, memorable. For 10$, it;s stealing you're buying a masterpiece here it;s almost a crime but since it;s low, GO FOR IT!!!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
After noticing before I feel like I should post my mains
64: :pikachu64: :fox64:
Melee: :foxmelee: :marthmelee: :pikachumelee: (honorable mention includes Ness, but in Melee, I actually am terrible as him.)
Brawl: :ike: :lucas: :fox: :toonlink: :pikachu2: (Honorable mentions include Marth, Diddy and Zelda)
Project M: :ike: :ness2: :roypm: :samus2: :pikachu2: :toonlink: (honorable mentions include playing as whoever I feel in the mood for in PM.)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
*Rabidly foaming at the mouth*

Ah, uh, what was the question? Oh, definitely go with EarthBound, but go with Golden Sun if you feel like it.
That expensive cartridge though.
Looks like I will probably be going for Earthbound. I mostly wanted to play through Golden Sun to see what all the people in the Isaac support thread where going on about to be honest.

I've played Earthbound before by the way, just not in over a decade. I rented the game from block buster a few times in a row to beat it waaaay back when it came out and I played it again a few years later but it's been a long while.

I got my cartridge at a Best Buy near my house in high school, still have the box and strategy guide it came with as well. I bought it for $20 since they were clearancing them out and finally I wanted to add it to my collection. There were STACKS of them, and I almost picked up another copy just to have but I never thought it would be worth any money. Kind of kick myself over that one. I did buy a copy of Super Metroid on the cheap from Target when they were getting rid of all their SNES games, so I have both an opened an unopened copy of that. Did that one right.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Looks like I will probably be going for Earthbound. I mostly wanted to play through Golden Sun to see what all the people in the Isaac support thread where going on about to be honest.

I've played Earthbound before by the way, just not in over a decade. I rented the game from block buster a few times in a row to beat it waaaay back when it came out and I played it again a few years later but it's been a long while.

I got my cartridge at a Best Buy near my house in high school, still have the box and strategy guide it came with as well. I bought it for $20 since they were clearancing them out and finally I wanted to add it to my collection. There were STACKS of them, and I almost picked up another copy just to have but I never thought it would be worth any money. Kind of kick myself over that one. I did buy a copy of Super Metroid on the cheap from Target when they were getting rid of all their SNES games, so I have both an opened an unopened copy of that. Did that one right.
I've heard that Golden Sun's good too, but I'd definitely get Earthbound first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom