• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What I find interesting is that Apocalymon is only Mega while Armaggedemon is the rare Ultra level.
EDIT: MaloMyotismon's only Mega too.
I would have thought he'd be an Ultra.
There was no criteria for Super Ultimate, it seems. I'll say this in English terms, though. First, I never heard the Ultra name, but Hyper Mega is the term I ever heard. Anyway, I think either they were specifically preset to be Ultra/Super Ultimate or it has special criteria of "Must only come from a Mega period". So, if MaloMyotimon can digivolve from a regular Ultimate(he can, btw), he's a regular Mega in general. I'm trying to find other examples, but they're few and far between. HiMachinedramon is another one, only coming from Machinedramon(although he's more like that Mode Change variation I talked about. He absorbs SkullScorpiomon to become it. It's the same idea as his combination with Kimeramon into Milleniumon). Oh, fun fact; All 3 Milleniumons can come from Ultimate/Perfect levels. Yep, not a Hyper Mega/Super Ultimate either. :glare:

I think that might help determine it well enough.

Digimon Adventures.
First season only, then? Or the one with Veemon and the Armors?

i picture you as this now
since your all about those puppets :troll: also i really hope we get decode in us 3ds is beating the vita and that game will help
So I'm badass? Sure!

And same. I want a really good new Digimon games. One of the Data Squad games was kind of neat, I guess. It let you go into tons of weird Digimon. Like Greymon could go into ToyAgumon due to a weird digivolution aura that screwed it all up. Leomon could warp digivolve to BantyoLeomon too. It didn't use Warp Digivolve in any way, so the levels were not easy to tell. I think he was still a Mega, though.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
There was no criteria for Super Ultimate, it seems. I'll say this in English terms, though. First, I never heard the Ultra name, but Hyper Mega is the term I ever heard. Anyway, I think either they were specifically preset to be Ultra/Super Ultimate or it has special criteria of "Must only come from a Mega period". So, if MaloMyotimon can digivolve from a regular Ultimate(he can, btw), he's a regular Mega in general. I'm trying to find other examples, but they're few and far between. HiMachinedramon is another one, only coming from Machinedramon(although he's more like that Mode Change variation I talked about. He absorbs SkullScorpiomon to become it. It's the same idea as his combination with Kimeramon into Milleniumon). Oh, fun fact; All 3 Milleniumons can come from Ultimate/Perfect levels. Yep, not a Hyper Mega/Super Ultimate either. :glare:

I think that might help determine it well enough.

First season only, then? Or the one with Veemon and the Armors?

So I'm badass? Sure!

And same. I want a really good new Digimon games. One of the Data Squad games was kind of neat, I guess. It let you go into tons of weird Digimon. Like Greymon could go into ToyAgumon due to a weird digivolution aura that screwed it all up. Leomon could warp digivolve to BantyoLeomon too. It didn't use Warp Digivolve in any way, so the levels were not easy to tell. I think he was still a Mega, though.
I thought Data squad was terrible there's only one digimon game i liked

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought Data squad was terrible there's only one digimon game i liked
I watched only a playthrough of Data Squad. That's the only Digimon World game I never played, notably. Hard to find and I know nothing about it overall.(I think I own World 2, but I do own World 1. I plan to pick it up someday). World 4 sucked severely. Data Squad looked fun to me, though. World 1 was meh, but only due to how easy it was to die due to running out of food. :glare:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...I only read the strategy guide since it was at Barnes and Nobles.

I've never seen the the games in store

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I watched only a playthrough of Data Squad. That's the only Digimon World game I never played, notably. Hard to find and I know nothing about it overall.(I think I own World 2, but I do own World 1. I plan to pick it up someday). World 4 sucked severely. Data Squad looked fun to me, though. World 1 was meh, but only due to how easy it was to die due to running out of food. :glare:
like don't starve lol also get a emulator and test try it and you can find cheap as 20$ on amazon that's your best bet im gonna get this again only because this was my child hood and its only good digimon to date to me other than digital monsters online

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
like don't starve lol also get a emulator and test try it and you can find cheap as 20$ on amazon that's your best bet im gonna get this again only because this was my child hood and its only good digimon to date to me other than digital monsters online
I don't buy online. If I see it, I'll probably pick it up. I mean, none ever(as I played so far) on Pokemon's level of good design, but they're still fun for the most part.

Anyway, the one thing I liked about the Data Squad game is you could instantly change your Digimon's form once you unlocked it. That's amazing design. Getting to each form is difficult, mind you, but eh.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I don't buy online. If I see it, I'll probably pick it up. I mean, none ever(as I played so far) on Pokemon's level of good design, but they're still fun for the most part.

Anyway, the one thing I liked about the Data Squad game is you could instantly change your Digimon's form once you unlocked it. That's amazing design. Getting to each form is difficult, mind you, but eh.
that was taken from digimon world 3 also digital monsters online is free to play

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
that was taken from digimon world 3 also digital monsters online is free to play
I could tell what the video was. I don't play MMO's(I do know of DMO though). All old information to me. XD But thanks none the less.

Also, the show amped up how powerful Apocalymon was.

He's actually not that powerful by default. In fact, he can DNA with Diaboramon to go into Beezlemon Blast Mode(a simple mode change for regular Beezlemon). This is likely why he was never a Super Ultimate/Hyper Mega. Another is perhaps that level didn't come up when Apocalymon was made. *shrugs*

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I could tell what the video was. I don't play MMO's(I do know of DMO though). All old information to me. XD But thanks none the less.

Also, the show amped up how powerful Apocalymon was.

He's actually not that powerful by default. In fact, he can DNA with Diaboramon to go into Beezlemon Blast Mode(a simple mode change for regular Beezlemon). This is likely why he was never a Super Ultimate/Hyper Mega. Another is perhaps that level didn't come up when Apocalymon was made. *shrugs*
what in the show or in the fluke game data squad?

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I just said in the show.

And again, I liked that game, so you kind of don't need to constantly fling mud at it. It's not necessary. :/
i sorry i payed for it and played the game and its just...the voicing was bad the digi tree was weird and main character looked like a transggender no offense to anyone of course

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
i sorry i payed for it and played the game and its just...the voicing was bad the digi tree was weird and main character looked like a transggender no offense to anyone of course
I am unsure we're talking about the same game. Either way, let's not talk about it.

...Not sure if it mattered if they looks like a transgender of not(albeit, I am a transgender, so that statement annoys me, but let's just end that specific tangent there). For the record, I use transgender to mean they have their original born body, but the mind of the opposite sex. I use transsexual to mean they had a physical body change. I got what you mean though, but eh.

Also, I've found 3 confirmed Super Ultimates so far. Okay, there was no criteria period. They are or they aren't. Arkadimon Super Ultimate, Daemon Super Ultimate, and Armageddamon. That's use English names where applicable, to be clear. I don't think Arkadimon has a English name yet. Also, Daemon Super Ultimate never had a translated name, so it might just be Daemon "something" Mode for instance when it does. I mean, Falldown and Shadowlord Mode in Digimon Fusion for Lucemon became Wildmode 1 and Wildmode 2. Weird.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I am unsure we're talking about the same game. Either way, let's not talk about it.

...Not sure if it mattered if they looks like a transgender of not(albeit, I am a transgender, so that statement annoys me, but let's just end that specific tangent there). For the record, I use transgender to mean they have their original born body, but the mind of the opposite sex. I use transsexual to mean they had a physical body change. I got what you mean though, but eh.

Also, I've found 3 confirmed Super Ultimates so far. Okay, there was no criteria period. They are or they aren't. Arkadimon Super Ultimate, Daemon Super Ultimate, and Armageddamon. That's use English names where applicable, to be clear. I don't think Arkadimon has a English name yet. Also, Daemon Super Ultimate never had a translated name, so it might just be Daemon "something" Mode for instance when it does. I mean, Falldown and Shadowlord Mode in Digimon Fusion for Lucemon became Wildmode 1 and Wildmode 2. Weird.
Really that is weird i never even thought of that man i gotta get back in touch with digimon also (wasn't trying to be rude to you in any kind of way sorry)

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Really that is weird i never even thought of that man i gotta get back in touch with digimon also (wasn't trying to be rude to you in any kind of way sorry)
I know you weren't trying to be rude. That's exactly why I'm not saying anything. You didn't mean anything bad so it'd be silly of me to go on a rant. I said all I meant, that the difference in terms I find useful for being specific enough. I'm not mad. :)

Also, definitely not forgotten. I can name Digimon faster than I can name most Pokemon. It helps that, IMO, Digimon's Anime was just way better than Pokemon's. Less seasons, but very high quality voices, music, and battle scenes. Don't get me wrong, they're both great in their own way. But eh.

@ Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth
Yeah, the first season only.

I liked it, but it never quite absorbed me like Pokémon or some other favourites.
Makes sense. Trying to remember every line is a nightmare. Especially since they retcon lines constantly.(to be clear, letting some Digimon digivolve into one never known as a correct line is a retcon. Like, say Agumon could not become Seadramon at one time, but now does. That type of retcon comes up often enough. It's not as nice as Pokemon's simple ones. Where no odd crap happens.).

...BTW, you're posting the same thing multiple times, FalKoopa. XD

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I know you weren't trying to be rude. That's exactly why I'm not saying anything. You didn't mean anything bad so it'd be silly of me to go on a rant. I said all I meant, that the difference in terms I find useful for being specific enough. I'm not mad. :)

Also, definitely not forgotten. I can name Digimon faster than I can name most Pokemon. It helps that, IMO, Digimon's Anime was just way better than Pokemon's. Less seasons, but very high quality voices, music, and battle scenes. Don't get me wrong, they're both great in their own way. But eh.

Makes sense. Trying to remember every line is a nightmare. Especially since they retcon lines constantly.(to be clear, letting some Digimon digivolve into one never known as a correct line is a retcon. Like, say Agumon could not become Seadramon at one time, but now does. That type of retcon comes up often enough. It's not as nice as Pokemon's simple ones. Where no odd crap happens.).

...BTW, you're posting the same thing multiple times, FalKoopa. XD
I agree on all of that i hated that pokemon stayed with the same protagonist after johto

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I think if Daemon's Super Ultimate form was named, they'd probably go with "Ultra Mode" or something along the lines as it fits the original thematic of the Japanese names. Plus, "Ultra" still sounds cool enough for the kids to get into.

Then again, I'm not sure anymore as Bandai has been weird with the names lately. Sometimes they keep the old ones, sometimes they change them, and sometimes they're not even consistent with that. For instance, the aforementioned Wild 1st and 2nd mode weren't kept in the card game, instead used the original Chaos and Shadowlord Mode names.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I agree on all of that i hated that pokemon stayed with the same protagonist after johto
I almost misread that to means the Mons themselves, when they mostly left him after Johto.

Anyway, from the writers, they want people to remember Ash by having him "go through development" each time so they can feel like they're him. Despite not taking the form of the latest protagonist, he still more or less acts like them overall in learning the new mechanics, and defeating the new team, finding Legendaries, etc. He's basically the same as the kid watching the show.

So I get why they do it. Also, I'm not sure that was the best explanation to give. Despite it still being Ash, he might as well be Gold/Ethan in the Johto seasons. He plays the same role. And then Brendan in the Hoenn seasons. And this is something to note; He always got the current female companion(that was created before the Anime took off. Crystal was created after the Anime started as is. And Misty worked fine) at the time of the Generation while he "replaced" the male. He also still acted like he was good at Pokemon basics, and was able to sometimes teach the recently female stuff.

Also, according to one of the screenwriters, he only changes the females to make them "eye candy" for young males. I don't like it either for sexism reasons. :| He said that just referring to Misty, May, and Dawn. Iris didn't exist during this, so she doesn't count. Serena fits that mold I guess?

Also, we tend to see the male protagonist from the other Generations anyway through specials/movies or the alternate Anime, Pokemon Chronicles. It's not as good to some people, but they still show up. Albeit, it's hard to place the movies in canonically with the regular Anime(save some of them), but eh. It's still related to Ash, which is enough to call it a decent enough appearance.

I think if Daemon's Super Ultimate form was named, they'd probably go with "Ultra Mode" or something along the lines as it fits the original thematic of the Japanese names. Plus, "Ultra" still sounds cool enough for the kids to get into.

Then again, I'm not sure anymore as Bandai has been weird with the names lately. Sometimes they keep the old ones, sometimes they change them, and sometimes they're not even consistent with that. For instance, the aforementioned Wild 1st and 2nd mode weren't kept in the card game, instead used the original Chaos and Shadowlord Mode names.
It's likely the Card Game and Fusion were unrelated. Actually, Fusion is its own thing anyway(and came later). The TCG used some odd names too. Remember Dunusmon? Yeahhhhhh. Also, don't forget that Fusion itself doesn't follow the same levels or rules as the previous ones. DNA/Jogress was its main theme, but it's entirely different. Either they absorb the energy or directly fuse, at least compared to the "have bits and pieces of each." Compared PuppetShoutmon to Paildramon. PuppetShoutmon(nickname, he has yet to show up. He has his hammer and the cross on his back) looks like both parts clearly. Paildramon looks entirely like the idea of a dragon-insect combo, but isn't nearly like those two were blatantly combined. At least compared to Omnimon who has blatant parts of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I almost misread that to means the Mons themselves, when they mostly left him after Johto.

Anyway, from the writers, they want people to remember Ash by having him "go through development" each time so they can feel like they're him. Despite not taking the form of the latest protagonist, he still more or less acts like them overall in learning the new mechanics, and defeating the new team, finding Legendaries, etc. He's basically the same as the kid watching the show.

So I get why they do it. Also, I'm not sure that was the best explanation to give. Despite it still being Ash, he might as well be Gold/Ethan in the Johto seasons. He plays the same role. And then Brendan in the Hoenn seasons. And this is something to note; He always got the current female companion(that was created before the Anime took off. Crystal was created after the Anime started as is. And Misty worked fine) at the time of the Generation while he "replaced" the male. He also still acted like he was good at Pokemon basics, and was able to sometimes teach the recently female stuff.

Also, according to one of the screenwriters, he only changes the females to make them "eye candy" for young males. I don't like it either for sexism reasons. :| He said that just referring to Misty, May, and Dawn. Iris didn't exist during this, so she doesn't count. Serena fits that mold I guess?

Also, we tend to see the male protagonist from the other Generations anyway through specials/movies or the alternate Anime, Pokemon Chronicles. It's not as good to some people, but they still show up. Albeit, it's hard to place the movies in canonically with the regular Anime(save some of them), but eh. It's still related to Ash, which is enough to call it a decent enough appearance.

It's likely the Card Game and Fusion were unrelated. Actually, Fusion is its own thing anyway(and came later). The TCG used some odd names too. Remember Dunusmon? Yeahhhhhh. Also, don't forget that Fusion itself doesn't follow the same levels or rules as the previous ones. DNA/Jogress was its main theme, but it's entirely different. Either they absorb the energy or directly fuse, at least compared to the "have bits and pieces of each." Compared PuppetShoutmon to Paildramon. PuppetShoutmon(nickname, he has yet to show up. He has his hammer and the cross on his back) looks like both parts clearly. Paildramon looks entirely like the idea of a dragon-insect combo, but isn't nearly like those two were blatantly combined. At least compared to Omnimon who has blatant parts of WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon.
well ima go play digimon now bye and thank you so much sir

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Actually I think that example was from the more recent card game they released this year, at least if I remember correctly from what I was told on the matter. Nonetheless, your point does stand as I do remember that example, as well as Kerpymon for Cherubimon.

As for the mechanics, yeah Fusion is very different from DNA from what I remember. DNA was more taking from two different individuals and combining their powers into one, it wasn't a complete fusion of the two, though it did take elements from both design-wise (excluding cases like Examon). Fusion on the other hand clearly takes bits and pieces from its components and creates a new monster from them. In a sense, it makes it more mecha in nature as you have individual parts that easily combine into the whole like those robots from that genre. So yeah, it did play by its own rules, and not just in that aspect either.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just Six. I'm looking forward to more... I also enjoy the whole Apple mediator. I had a nice long conversation about it's significance today. Do you know what I mean?
You mean the apples and Ryuk (the shinigami)? I'm a bit confused here...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually I think that example was from the more recent card game they released this year, at least if I remember correctly from what I was told on the matter. Nonetheless, your point does stand as I do remember that example, as well as Kerpymon for Cherubimon.

As for the mechanics, yeah Fusion is very different from DNA from what I remember. DNA was more taking from two different individuals and combining their powers into one, it wasn't a complete fusion of the two, though it did take elements from both design-wise (excluding cases like Examon). Fusion on the other hand clearly takes bits and pieces from its components and creates a new monster from them. In a sense, it makes it more mecha in nature as you have individual parts that easily combine into the whole like those robots from that genre. So yeah, it did play by its own rules, and not just in that aspect either.
...Wait, card game this year? I only knew of a much older TCG one. It stopped after Season 4's stuff.

Yeah, DigiFuse is a fully unique mechanic. It's clearly based upon DNA, but that's it.

I think a good example is in Yu-Gi-Oh. Gaia the Dragon Champion is just like a DigiFuse while B. Skull Dragon is a DNA.

Anyway, I find it interesting how we haven't actually seen a single DigiFuse of two Digimon to make a previous Digimon period. All of them are new. For the record, HiMachinedramon first appeared in Xros Wars/Fusion. It has no official level, although Mega is the one if it had one.

Any pictures of the new cards? And are they in English?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
...Wait, card game this year? I only knew of a much older TCG one. It stopped after Season 4's stuff.

Yeah, DigiFuse is a fully unique mechanic. It's clearly based upon DNA, but that's it.

I think a good example is in Yu-Gi-Oh. Gaia the Dragon Champion is just like a DigiFuse while B. Skull Dragon is a DNA.

Anyway, I find it interesting how we haven't actually seen a single DigiFuse of two Digimon to make a previous Digimon period. All of them are new. For the record, HiMachinedramon first appeared in Xros Wars/Fusion. It has no official level, although Mega is the one if it had one.

Any pictures of the new cards? And are they in English?
Yeah, those are good examples of it.

I think it's because the older Digimon designs don't lend as well to the Fusion mechanic as they aren't built to combine in that same aspect. The closest we get are those who take on certain parts from the other components, and even then it's rather limited in that regard.

As for the card game, apparently it's based on the Japanese "Super Digica Taisen" and was just released at the beginning of the year. You can see most of the card designs here, and they also have a Facebook page which they're using to advertise it and give teases of some of the newer ones.

Really, I=it's nice to see that they're trying to push the series again, hope it goes well for them as it increases the chances more Digimon games come over.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, those are good examples of it.

I think it's because the older Digimon designs don't lend as well to the Fusion mechanic as they aren't built to combine in that same aspect. The closest we get are those who take on certain parts from the other components, and even then it's rather limited in that regard.

As for the card game, apparently it's based on the Japanese "Super Digica Taisen" and was just released at the beginning of the year. You can see most of the card designs here, and they also have a Facebook page which they're using to advertise it and give teases of some of the newer ones.

Really, I=it's nice to see that they're trying to push the series again, hope it goes well for them as it increases the chances more Digimon games come over.
Huh. I way preferred the earlier TCG, but might be neat. Looks like of... weird. I'd have to see the game in action.

The old TCG was easy as hell to play and understand(and very unbalanced), but was way easier than even Yugioh. Good game.

Anyway, neat.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm watching the hobbit 2

Why is there no sauron within sauron eye gif?

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I like how ZSS seems to be moving similar to how she does in Metriod Fusion using the Speed Booster/Shinespark ability.
If it is, that is a sick callback. Metriod Fusion is one of the few Metriod games I've played. That and Prime: 3.

Also it would be dope if 2 players were randomly selected and had their analog control sticks mapped to the Pong paddle's movement.

You could 3-Stock a person TWICE in one game.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You mean the apples and Ryuk (the shinigami)? I'm a bit confused here...
Yes, Ryuk's love of them, and Apples constantly showing up in the intro.

See, in Christianity, the fruit of Good and Evil (the one thing that Adam and Eve weren't allowed to have) gave the user the ability to discern between Good and Evil, and know what sin is. Satan tempted them to compromise in order to "Become gods". Sound familiar?

Light chose to 'compromise' something in order to gain 'divinity'. He even bites an apple in the intro.

I'm watching the hobbit 2

Why is there no sauron within sauron eye gif?

It goes on...and on... and on....and on.... and on.... and on... and on... and on....

Where am I?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yes, Ryuk's love of them, and Apples constantly showing up in the intro.

See, in Christianity, the fruit of Good and Evil (the one thing that Adam and Eve weren't allowed to have) gave the user the ability to discern between Good and Evil, and know what sin is. Satan tempted them to compromise in order to "Become gods". Sound familiar?

Light chose to 'compromise' something in order to gain 'divinity'. He even bites an apple in the intro.
Oh, so you meant that.

I was aware of the symbolism of the apples, even though I'm not religious. Adam eating the apple was humanity's first sin, according to Christianity, if I'm not mistaken.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Ohhh Digimon talk. As a big Digimon fan I'd love to join in but since I'm the buisys at the moment I'm just gonna drop my review of Digimon World Data Squad here since people were talking about it and I just recently played through it, and I gave my opinion on all the other Digimon World games in this thread waaay back but I hadn't played Data Squad at that point.

The game is sloooooow. Attacks take forever to execute, enemies take forever to die, slow loading all around and if you want to get the more powerful Digimon you have to do a ton of grinding which takes an ungodly amount of time because of how slow everything is.
Also the game is astonishingly easy to exploit. I figured out a strategy during the first fight where you actually use 3 Digimon that works effortlessly well on every single boss in the game including the secret after game ones even though I was probably criminally under leveled. Buffs as a category go from being probably better than they should be to hilariously my god I can't believe they actual let this be in the game I'm not even sure even seen anything in an RPG this blatantly broken broken by the later parts of the game. I've seriously done speed buffs to the point where my Digimon as a team got 10-20 turns for every one of the bosses turns on top teir bosses, and I oneshoted one of the endgame bosses with proper strength buffing. Of course you could always just refuse to use the broken buffs and the game would probably be a hell lot more fulfilling.

Other than that the game was fine as far as I can remember. Not great in any sense, but fine. I really liked how the evolution tree(or constellation, rather) worked, and it was cool that it touched upon the Seven Great Demon Lords, one of my favorite parts of the Digimon mythos...though it could have done more with them. The attack grid idea was interesting but I never found it to have muc of an effect on anything.

As a game I'd rate it about on par with Digimon World 2, depending on your tastes. Not as good as 1 or 3. Still a hell lot better than 4. Everything is a hell lot better than 4.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I have that game.

I was never able to get very far in it though. lol

I honestly only have watched, and will only watch, seasons 1-4 of Digimon, Adventures, Adventures 2, Tamers, and Frontier. After that I think it took a turn or the worse and will not watch anything pass season 4.

Oh and;

Okay.

I'm dead lost in SMT4 .-.

I activate the Kageshikimiblahblah Terminal and I went into some kind of conference room that completed a main quest. But now? I'm super lost. I go one way, the demons here seem a tad too strong and give buttload of EXP, like in the thousands, so that can't be right. One place is a dead end with this dude in a orange kung-fu outfit and two guards of some sort. And another doesn't take me anywhere.

Gimme a hint as to where to go, but only a hint.

What can you guys tell me about this game?

It certainly looks and sounds interesting.

Not to mention dat title.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom