• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Video games.

also the ******* who figured out he could scratch on **** and other people could understand it was pretty great too

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith

Just started Death Note. It's pretty good. I don't think I've ever been so mad at the protagonist of a show though! :laugh:

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Man, some of the conversation in this thread is getting heavy. Yes, good and evil are just made up and don't really exist. However, I still think that they are useful concepts for a social species like us to have. At some point, in order to live they way we do, you have to establish what is to be considered unacceptable behavior.

To answer that random question, I think the greatest invention of all time is written language.

Also, I managed to snag a copy of Kirby: Triple D'lux, and so far it's great. Glad I got some opinions on it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith

Just started Death Note. It's pretty good. I don't think I've ever been so mad at the protagonist of a show though! :laugh:
It gets worse, in a good way. It's a really compelling series overall and basically a modern day Dr. Faust. Brace yourself for a lot of twists and turns that will knock you flat on your ass.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was looking up the history of soccer, and why it's called that in the US and variation of the word "football" everywhere else mostly

It's because when the game was first created, the upper class called it soccer and the lower class called it football BTW

But even more interesting is this English guy was talking about how horrible it is American children enjoy the game of soccer without being aware about the entirety of the international football culture

WTF? You can't enjoy playing a game without having to know the entire culture surrounding a game?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It gets worse, in a good way. It's a really compelling series overall and basically a modern day Dr. Faust. Brace yourself for a lot of twists and turns that will knock you flat on your ***.
Good. Faust was one of my favorite tales... a pretty decent story of man's morality and soul. When given the power to do evil, he will.

Also: I'm braced! When I get overwhelmed, I read or watch the Cosby Show. :laugh:

I was looking up the history of soccer, and why it's called that in the US and variation of the word "football" everywhere else mostly

It's because when the game was first created, the upper class called it soccer and the lower class called it football BTW

But even more interesting is this English guy was talking about how horrible it is American children enjoy the game of soccer without being aware about the entirety of the international football culture

WTF? You can't enjoy playing a game without having to know the entire culture surrounding a game?
Hey, I didn't know that! Thanks for sharing.

I always loved Soccer. Great GREAT sport, probably among the best ever made.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
To be fair, I don't think anyone who doesn't know who Shigeru Miyamoto is should be allowed to play Nintendo games.

Or video games in general. All these dudebros playing your Call of Duties and your Dark Souls's and your Skyrims, don't know how all their pretty HD games came to be in the first place!

*waves cane around*

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
To be fair, I don't think anyone who doesn't know who Shigeru Miyamoto is should be allowed to play Nintendo games.

Or video games in general. All these dudebros playing your Call of Duties and your Dark Souls's and your Skyrims, don't know how all their pretty HD games came to be in the first place!

*waves cane around*
I agree.

It gets worse, in a good way. It's a really compelling series overall and basically a modern day Dr. Faust. Brace yourself for a lot of twists and turns that will knock you flat on your ***.
The ending is like one big competive Pokemon battle between two Batmen. It's crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
good show, I liked it but I felt it just went downhill from 'when you know what' (you don't know what I'm talking about yet but you will) happens. Hard to find satisfying endings for anime though imo...I just finished Monster last night and while the story was really good the ending was sort of...I don't know. It feels like I need to rewatch it to understand some of the finer things and that's daunting considering it's 74 episodes. Much more of a emotional ride than Death Note was though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Huh. I didn't know that.
Well, the more you know...
Of course if you use that kind of logic, birds and dinosaurs are also reptiles

They all came from amniota, which is when animals began having hard shells on their eggs so they could lay them on land

Which differentiated reptiles from amphibians

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Of course if you use that kind of logic, birds and dinosaurs are also reptiles

They all came from amniota, which is when animals began having hard shells on their eggs so they could lay them on land

Which differentiated reptiles from amphibians
New discovery: It doesn't matter what starter Pokemon you choose.

4,000,000,000 years ago they were all Squirtles.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So many scary extinct animals.
Titanis, Dimetrodon, Titanoboa, Haast's Eagle, Deinotherium and Xiphactinus to name a few.
Somehow I find these to be scarier than most dinosaurs...just because how they "look and behave".

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So many scary extinct animals.
Titanis, Dimetrodon, Titanoboa, Haast's Eagle, Deinotherium and Xiphactinus to name a few.
Somehow I find these to be scarier than most dinosaurs...just because how they "look and behave".
The largest carnivore that has EVER existed is alive today

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I heard they are trying to revive dinosaurs, if that happened, that be insane though...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Picked up some mexican gatorade

It's lime cucumber flavor

The first sip, and DAMN that's a powerful cucumber taste.

Not sure how I feel about drinking cucumber

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Cucumber Getorade!? That is a first.
I'd expect to see V8 flavor before ever coming across a Getorade.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Picked up some mexican gatorade

It's lime cucumber flavor

The first sip, and DAMN that's a powerful cucumber taste.

Not sure how I feel about drinking cucumber
Embrace your inner kappa, Psycho. Love the cucumber... Live the cucumber...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nice.

And yeah, it's not every day you see the protagonist being the villain and...

Well, that's all I'll say since I don't want to spoil the story.
Thank you. I really don't like spoilers. :laugh:

I think I also enjoy it because of my love of Ace Attorney. Supernatural + Crime Investigation.

Also for all you Street Fighter and Lego fans..

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Embrace your inner kappa, Psycho. Love the cucumber... Live the cucumber...
I like Kappa Makki, and my favorite roll has nothing but eel, cucumber and avocado...

This is like the time I drank carrot juice that actually tasted like carrots. Most carrot juices add so much flavoring you can't tell

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like Kappa Makki, and my favorite roll has nothing but eel, cucumber and avocado...

This is like the time I drank carrot juice that actually tasted like carrots. Most carrot juices add so much flavoring you can't tell
That was a funny nick show, wonder why it was cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom