• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly ever since the Miis came around in 2006, I've always wanted a Mii battle between Buddha, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, and Confucius. Maybe add in like Abraham or a Hindu God or Oprah Winfrey.

I also would like to battle between the best US Presidents: Washington vs. Lincoln vs. one of the Roosevelt's vs. James Monroe (I'd play James Madison and win because he's like my great x15 grandfather, and he'd kick your face in!!!).
Honestly, this sounds great. I don't know why I don't want Miis.

Oh, right, it's because this is literally the only merit of including them.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Ever try playing MK7?
I swear there only 30% (including me, I generally played Koopa Troopa) actually play Mario characters.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ever try playing MK7?
I swear there only 30% (including me, I generally played Koopa Troopa) actually played Mario characters.
This is why I don't want them. If Sakurai doesn't want to include more Third-Parties because it takes away from the Nintendo characters, then surely he knows what would happen if he included Miis.

#Logic.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just imagine the possibilities.
-Marvel vs. DC would now be possible.
-Capcom vs. everything is possible.
-Sony vs. Microsoft is possible.
Obviously Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Music, etc. don't exist.

And obviously like everyone said before the first Smash 4 trailer, The Villager cannot be original. :rolleyes:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
There's a reason Rome rose to greatness.

And if you ask why these empires fell, it's because I got bored.

(nicely done, btw. Also, why Paris?)
Well of course you got bored. Meddling in the afairs of mortals
Is always boring. Much better to be everywhere at once in the shadows and toy with mortals. In this one far far away realm from earth is a boy named Sora and a old man Xehanort. The boy is quite stupid and humorous and the old man thinks he is so smart but little does he know of the true origins of Heartless and Nobodies and the real reasons why things are happening.

Because Paris has a Pantheon to.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Just imagine the possibilities.
-Marvel vs. DC would now be possible.
-Capcom vs. everything is possible.
-Sony vs. Microsoft is possible.

Obviously Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Music, etc. don't exist.

And obviously like everyone said before the first Smash 4 trailer, The Villager cannot be original. :rolleyes:
I don't remember a single person that said Villager can't be original.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Is always boring. Much better to be everywhere at once in the shadows and toy with mortals. In this one far far away realm from earth is a boy named Sora and a old man Xehanort. The boy is quite stupid and humorous and the old man thinks he is so smart but little does he know of the true origins of Heartless and Nobodies and the real reasons why things are happening.

It was boring because prosperity was too static. The past 100 years, though...

Also, by pantheon, I refer not to actual physical locations (didn't know France had such a site), but to the colloquial definition of the term as an assemblage of related deities (from the Greek pan (all) and theon (gods)). But you probably already knew this.

That's why your mention of France confuzzled me.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

I like how I brought up Hajime no Ippo earlier when Mac was revealed only to find out that this gif is a thing. Poor DK. XD

I've always loved the "STOP. POSTING." variant, though. ¦D

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I just thought of how Little Mac Vs Ippo would go because i was bored. But then i remembered Mac fought and defeated a super human gorilla in a fist fight and before that he fought a guy destroyed a building in a fit of rage with a single punch. Not exactly a fun time for Ippo.

Also reminds me of how much i want the Dempsey Roll in this game.
Could you be more specific?

Gaming: LITTLE MAC TRUMPS ADVERSITY
Real life: I keep getting snowed in.
I meant everything in general. Not just myself.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I personally think it is healthy to be morally and emotionally neutral by default, and to not be overwhelmed by adversity.
So if I think life in general sucks, I won't say anything.
Well i did say real life was terrible because 2014 had a terrible start where i live. A lot of people died on the first couple days of the new year.

Gaming is honestly meh until i can actually play something i've been waiting for from this year. If i included stuff from 2013 then i would say it's good. lol

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well i did say real life was terrible because 2014 had a terrible start where i live. A lot of people died on the first couple days of the new year.

Gaming is honestly meh until i can actually play something i've been waiting for from this year. If i included stuff from 2013 then i would say it's good. lol
I know a lot of terrible people say this, but look on the bright side of things.

I agree with the gaming bit though. Gaming life is getting progressively worse everyday and I hate it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I know a lot of terrible people say this, but look on the bright side of things.

I agree with the gaming bit though. Gaming life is getting progressively worse everyday and I hate it.
That's what i do. lol. But i'm also honest since 2014 has been kind of an off year for me.

The gaming industry is dying slowly and painfully. That much i know.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I've heard about a dozen people say it over about 10 years.

I've also heard people say "he won't work in Smash", because, reasons.
12 people over 10 years is barely anyone, John.

Also, I'm pretty sure people said he wouldn't work because Sakurai outright said the same thing during Brawl's development.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That's what i do. lol. But i'm also honest since 2014 has been kind of an off year for me.

That is entirely true. My five biggest complaints with Gaming:

#1: IGN is a congregation of terrible, useless humans.
#2: IGN is a congregation of fans of terrible, useless franchises.
#3: The Wii U is suffering while PS4 and Xbox One break records.
#4: Boobs and gore.
#5: Lack of anything but Mario and Miis on Wii U.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
When was Toon Link on the banner? I remember that the only difference between the old one and this one is the addition of P:M Roy and Little Mac replacing Villager.
Before Little Mac showed up, the banner was for a few days Mario (Smash 64), Falco (Melee), Toon Link (Brawl), Roy (Project M), and Villager (Smash Wii U/3DS).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've heard about a dozen people say it over about 10 years.

I've also heard people say "he won't work in Smash", because, reasons.
And look what happened.

I actually debated this on the "Rumors and Leaks" thread.
I'm part of the minority that Miis can work, as their own characters.
That they represent themselves, having their own look and moveset.
Sure, it may be unpopular. But if Miis ever want a chance in the competitive scene, this is the way to go IMO.

Worse case, just do what I do.
Buy a bunch of Virtual Console games.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
That is entirely true. My five biggest complaints with Gaming:

#1: IGN is a congregation of terrible, useless humans.
#2: IGN is a congregation of fans of terrible, useless franchises.
#3: The Wii U is suffering while PS4 and Xbox One break records.
#4: Boobs and gore.
#5: Lack of anything but Mario and Miis on Wii U.
Boobs and Gore tag-team for Smash.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Still waiting for the Megaman Xtreme games to come to the 3DS E-shop. I know Japan had them since December. But they are supposed to be heading to the west soon.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watching today's Game Grumps on Punch-Out!! Wii episode 3, one of the first things said was Erin thinks King Hippo should be in Sm4sh as he's a "the most iconic" character. Do note that the recording was done before the Little Mac reveal.

If King Hippo is in Smash 4, due to Little Mac, I say King Hippo's best bet would be an Assist Trophy (Glass Joe could also be a good Assist Trophy idea but I think King Hippo is a better choice.)

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And look what happened.

I actually debated this on the "Rumors and Leaks" thread.
I'm part of the minority that Miis can work, as their own characters.
That they represent themselves, having their own look and moveset.
Sure, it may be unpopular. But if Miis ever want a chance in the competitive scene, this is the way to go IMO.
Honestly, any character can work in the competitive scene.

This isn't Mario Kart Wii where the game has minimal if any competitive value.

Also, Miis are inevitable anyways.

Oh, and this is Sakurai, Sora Ltd, and Namco Bandai we're talking about. Freaking they've given us Fox, Captain Falcon, Ness, the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Zero Suit Samus, Solid Snake, Captain Olimar, ROB, the Villager, the Wii Fit Trainer, and Rosalina & Luma in Smash thus far as "surprises", as well as outside of Smash freaking Link, Spawn Darth Vader, Yoda, and Ezio in Soul Calibur, lol.

I mean seriously, the Soulcalibur made Link work in Soulcalibur II (even if he's bad). Why should we doubt that them + Sakurai and Sorta Ltd can't make Miis work=???

And if we're talking "casual characters", we already got the Villager and the Wii Fit freaking Trainer.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Watching today's Game Grumps on Punch-Out!! Wii episode 3, one of the first things said was Erin thinks King Hippo should be in Sm4sh as he's a "the most iconic" character. Do note that the recording was done before the Little Mac reveal.

If King Hippo is in Smash 4, due to Little Mac, I say King Hippo's best bet would be an Assist Trophy (Glass Joe could also be a good Assist Trophy idea but I think King Hippo is a better choice.)
He's the choice most people think will replace Mac as an Assist Trophy.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Miiverse has stupid character requests....SmashBoards doesn't. Instead of Goku...Jesus should be in Smash 4. Though he would be pretty over powered on a stage with water.

Which reminds me of Squirtle.
Sakurai...why does Squirtle drown?

I'm expecting a "please understand" joke.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Honestly, any character can work in the competitive scene.

This isn't Mario Kart Wii where the game has minimal if any competitive value.

Also, Miis are inevitable anyways.

Oh, and this is Sakurai, Sora Ltd, and Namco Bandai we're talking about. Freaking they've given us Fox, Captain Falcon, Ness, the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Zero Suit Samus, Solid Snake, Captain Olimar, ROB, the Villager, the Wii Fit Trainer, and Rosalina & Luma in Smash thus far as "surprises", as well as outside of Smash freaking Link, Spawn Darth Vader, Yoda, and Ezio in Soul Calibur, lol.

I mean seriously, the Soulcalibur made Link work in Soulcalibur II (even if he's bad). Why should we doubt that them + Sakurai and Sorta Ltd can't make Miis work=???

And if we're talking "casual characters", we already got the Villager and the Wii Fit freaking Trainer.
And that's what I've been saying.
The problem is people aren't realizing the problems with customization (and like I've said, this is coming from a guy who loves customization. There's a reason why I have 100 Miis).
Trust me, ever play Mario Kart 7 online? I've seen the effects.

Miiverse has stupid character requests....SmashBoards doesn't. Instead of Goku...Jesus should be in Smash 4. Though he would be pretty over powered on a stage with water.

Trust me, you won't.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Maybe Squirtle is one of those Tortoises that swims like a rock. Most terrestrial tortoises can't swim.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Not sure what's going on, but I think Sehnsucht was confirmed for final boss of KH3.

----

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Speaking of Mario Kart, I hear Mario Kart 8 has gone through the roof on Amazon Japan. I think it's doing better than the PS4 currently.

The Wii U is going to turn out just fine...................................in Japan. It's Everywhere else that needs convincing.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Squirtle confirmed for Rock type.
Another "Fossil-Type" Water/Rock combo?
Dear god no.
[quote="Johnknight1, post: 16359799, member: 58001"
And if we're talking "casual characters", we already got the Villager and the Wii Fit freaking Trainer.[/quote]
I was going to point this out. Villager is kind of a left-field guy.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Speaking of Mario Kart, I hear Mario Kart 8 has gone through the roof on Amazon Japan. I think it's doing better than the PS4 currently.

The Wii U is going to turn out just fine...................................in Japan. It's Everywhere else that needs convincing.
I'm pretty sure it's also in the top 10 for the UK.
EDIT: Currently No. 1 on Amazon Japan and No. 9 for Amazon UK

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

MK8 is the Spring System Seller, Smash will either be the Autumn/Winter one or Late Summer one.

Isn't half of the cast?
Left Field=Casual Side in my words.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom