• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'll let this slide. Despite how much I vehemently disagree with it.

I will just say that many businesses do such tactic. I wouldn't even be surprised if Nintendo did it once upon a time. To sell your products you need to advertise it. Advertising in general costs money. All MS did with Machinima was go an extra step in that.

This however has factual error to it.

Nintendo owned 49% of Rare. Microsoft bought it from Nintendo, along with the rest of Rare. For 375 million bucks. That is quite a hefty sum. Nintendo willingly sold their share of the company to them, basically.

Rare also still made games on the GBA after this, because MS wasn't in the handheld console department. They also released a Conker game on the Xbox along with other games. They even released a Banjo-Kazooie game in 2008.

The thing is. The games didn't sell all that well. And because of that they restructured the studio. Now Rare focuses on Kinect games.

That's all fine and dandy. Until your interpretations have factual errors from the facts.
[/quote][/quote]
okay I'm just going to fragment this
"I will just say that many businesses do such tactic. I wouldn't even be surprised if Nintendo did it once upon a time. To sell your products you need to advertise it. Advertising in general costs money. All MS did with Machinima was go an extra step in that."
The part about advertisement is ok also the fact that it costs money it's ok (can't say it's false seeing how the wiiu isn't advertised as the wii). The only part that seems "annoying" to me is the way you do it. I can't hate microsoft JUST for that but it is something I have to consider. Consider this as a personal concern not an opinion changer.

"Nintendo owned 49% of Rare. Microsoft bought it from Nintendo, along with the rest of Rare. For 375 million bucks. That is quite a hefty sum. Nintendo willingly sold their share of the company to them, basically."
Fine with this it's like buying a product you get for what you paid the problem isn't the buyout itself.

"
Rare also still made games on the GBA after this, because MS wasn't in the handheld console department. They also released a Conker game on the Xbox along with other games. They even released a Banjo-Kazooie game in 2008.

The thing is. The games didn't sell all that well. And because of that they restructured the studio. Now Rare focuses on Kinect games."
This however, is the problem I have. Rare used to be a studio that took risk to innovate and it worked but microsoft doesn't share this way of thinking. This is why the banjo-kazzoie game doesn't follow the series because microsoft didn't want to risk with a platformer. But, what is annoying is that they restricted rare while they bought it and don't respect their way of making games. I think that some people at rare felt so restricted that they quit their job. This is sad considering what would have been made if they were still relevant.

Last edited:

EarthCrash

Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
I still don't see how people even stand pewdiepie, let alone enjoy him

And crap games like Flappy bird
PewDiePie has the worst Youtube fanbase, period. God forbid he mentions Super smash Bros or this website. And Flappy Birds is one of the worst games ever made in my honest opinion...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I really need to start recording matches from now on. Seriously- some of them are way too good.

Here's what happened- FD, no items, Lucario versus ZZS. I get ZZS off the stage and jump up to load some aura. She chases me with (B)^, hitting me, which does a minor meteor smash. Just as I get near her, she goes for that (b) v kick, but I used the (a) normal aerial. We both simultaneously hit each other and I send her to her death.

I ****ING grip the edge of the stage.

Wall cling justice.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Has anyone seen the YouTube Recording function for Street Fighter IV? That same idea could be another 'special feature' for the Wii U version of Smash Bros!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
PewDiePie has the worst Youtube fanbase, period. God forbid he mentions Super smash Bros or this website.
Well let me put it this way bub.
A very popular Nintendo fighting game that has been one of the most anticipated Wii U games since E3 2011. It's inevitable to say the least. Let's face it, the power of money is too much for him not to do it.
Though, I highly doubt he knows about Smashboards. Like he'd actually care enough about Smash to know about us.

EarthCrash

Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
Well let me put it this way bub.
A very popular Nintendo fighting game that has been one of the most anticipated Wii U games since E3 2011. It's inevitable to say the least. Let's face it, the power of money is too much for him not to do it.
Though, I highly doubt he knows about Smashboards. Like he'd actually care enough about Smash to know about us.
Most likely not, but his fanbase is still terrible enough to dread to imagine them in forums like these...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Has anyone seen the YouTube Recording function for Street Fighter IV? That same idea could be another 'special feature' for the Wii U version of Smash Bros!
this is a good idea, a better replay system would be great.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Isn't there a way to post Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze speed runs on Youtube??? Idk i never really looked much into such a feature. But I would be happy if we can share Videos on youtube. I'm willing to bet we might get a feaure similar to Mario Kart TV for Mk8, where we can share videos, scores and stages through

Also speaking of Youtubers, shameless plug, i'm planning on making a Smash/Mario Kart commentating channel. I have linked my sig to my channel still working on it though

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Most likely not, but his fanbase is still terrible enough to dread to imagine them in forums like these...
Honestly, if by some logic it does happen. I doubt they'll really stick around.
Once again, all that matters to them is that Pewdiepie plays Smash, that's all they'll really watch it for. I doubt they'd really care to find some forum all about a game he'll only have one or two videos on. Or even with that said, most if not all of the fans will be on his fanpages and Youtube channel. At worst we'll get maybe one or two users, but it's not like it won't be completely irritating.

And to be fair, if there is heat. It'll be at GameFAQS, Reddit, and maybe Facebook.
Not even the biggest of Nintendo nerds on Youtube know about us. Why would I expect some random "popular" Youtuber to know us?

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I still don't see how people even stand pewdiepie, let alone enjoy him

And crap games like Flappy bird
And to add to this, someone who isn't creative or coherent to come up with original material that he has to yell "PEEENIS!" and "HE'S GONNA **** ME!" (that one's going to go down well.) Seriously, his demeanor is akin to an 8th grader who brags about being hyper to everyone.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And to add to this, someone who isn't creative or coherent to come up with original material that he has to yell "PEEENIS!" and "HE'S GONNA **** ME!" (that one's going to go down well.) Seriously, his demeanor is akin to an 8th grader who brags about being hyper to everyone.
You know who's even better, Chuggaconroy. :troll:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If you want an "alternative" to PewDiePie, just watch CrIt1KaL. Plays a good half of the games that he does and commentates on them with droll humor and some of the most ridiculous metaphors you'll ever hear. Also donates much of his YouTube money to charities to boot, which Pewds does only so sparsely.

Ah well, it's been a while, Smashboards. Haven't posted in this thread for months. How're doin' today? :)

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If you want an "alternative" to PewDiePie, just watch CrIt1KaL. Plays a good half of the games that he does and commentates on them with drool humor and some of the most ridiculous metaphors you'll ever hear. Also donates much of his YouTube money to charities to boot, which Pewds does only so sparsely.

Ah well, it's been a while, Smashboards. Haven't posted in this thread for months. How're doin' today? :)
CrIt1KaL is absolutely amazing. Easily one of the funniest and most chill people I've ever had the chance to listen to. It's amazing how he can say some of the wildest and most rude things so calmly that it actually sounds like he's saying something incredibly intelligent even though he's just BSing and having a good time. XD

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know who's even better, Chuggaconroy. :troll:
Except Chugga's actually a really good person in real life, he's informative as well as entertaining, and he doesn't focus on Pewdiepie's brand of "humor" (if it can even be called that), but on actual good entertainment.

And he doesn't play ****ty games, either. That helps.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Except Chugga's actually a really good person in real life, he's informative as well as entertaining, and he doesn't focus on Pewdiepie's brand of "humor" (if it can even be called that), but on actual good entertainment.
Agreed, I love chuggacorny's videos. Also just watched the latest adventure time, it was ridiculous but good and left me quite puzzled as to where they are going with this...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, CrIt1KaL is the first person mentioned here that I DO watch

Also Retsuprae, Slowbeef and Diabetus

...THat's really all the "Let's Plays" I watch

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
CrIt1KaL is absolutely amazing. Easily one of the funniest and most chill people I've ever had the chance to listen to. It's amazing how he can say some of the wildest and most rude things so calmly that it actually sounds like he's saying something incredibly intelligent even though he's just BSing and having a good time. XD
He actually got his hands on the GTA6 Pre-Columbian build with that Crime Life game. ;)

LOL, CrIt1KaL is the first person mentioned here that I DO watch

...THat's really all the "Let's Plays" I watch
I don't watch LPs too much unlike my other friends. But when I do, it's Game Grumps, Crit1Kal, and the occasional ChuggaaConroy.

Besides that, looks like I have a 1 day school week. Looks like much artistic lucubration is ahead for me.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I changed my avi.
Cute isn't it?

Eh, I don't mind Chugga.
He's all right, and thankfully doesn't play up the "screams like a schoolgirl" like Pewdiepie does.
And at least he cares about the games he plays. Just his fans can be a bit, meh...

I second that. They're hilarious.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm actually saying he's a good guy and this is coming from someone who had watched his videos since that Pikmin Let's Play.
Man that's nothing. I've been watching since Paper Mario 64, Chapter 8. :laugh:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
He actually got his hands on the GTA6 Pre-Columbian build with that Crime Life game. ;)

I don't watch LPs too much unlike my other friends. But when I do, it's Game Grumps, Crit1Kal, and the occasional ChuggaaConroy.

Besides that, looks like I have a 1 day school week. Looks like much artistic lucubration is ahead for me.
...I don't know if it's cause I just got back from mowing the grass, but the first second I read this, I swear I saw "artistic lubrication" and I was about to seriously question what the **** you were talking about. ¦D;

Now I need to question myself instead. XD;

I'm actually saying he's a good guy and this is coming from someone who had watched his videos since that Pikmin Let's Play.
Troll face confused me. My bad. :3

And that brings back memories. Dat moment in Pikmin 2.

You know the one. ¦3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...I don't know if it's cause I just got back from mowing the grass, but the first second I read this, I swear I saw "artistic lubrication" and I was about to seriously question what the **** you were talking about. ¦D;

Now I need to question myself instead. XD;

Troll face confused me. My bad. :3

And that brings back memories. Dat moment in Pikmin 2.

You know the one. ¦3
I saw lubrication as well

Probably because I have no idea what lucubration means

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
We are long overdue for a Paper Mario gameplay element.
Or a Paper Mario character reveal. :awesome:

The dude at least deserves assist trophy status... Don't let me down Sakurai.

In fact a Paper Mario stage would be incredible in HD. Now this NEEDS to happen. >.>

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

In fact a Paper Mario stage would be incredible in HD. Now this NEEDS to happen. >.>
I honesty hope he is the second Mario rep, he is Japan's most requested, popular, a 2d fighter, unique, and who wouldn't want a TYOD battle scene stage?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I can't tell how much I agree to this. The only possible disappointment I could get when playing ssb4 is that paper mario needs more representation. I can't understand how a game like TTYD only gets trophies and stickers. Best case is the character, next is the TTYD stage and finally WHY NO MUSIC AT LEAST?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom