• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Sure there are similarities. But there are also differences. there are more differences then then similarities though.

Daisy is far more similar to Peach then Rosalina is though.
Because of the dress. Facewise Daisy is the odd one out.

Daisy couldn't pull something like this

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I need to share this video; it's really informative and it describes why some games are underrated like I just want to know what do you think about this? do you tend to follow the majority or have your own tastes? (I myself tend to have my own one which explains why there's so many underrated games I love)

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I need to share this video; it's really informative and it describes why some games are underrated like I just want to know what do you think about this? do you tend to follow the majority or have your own tastes?
No, man, I let people decide what I like for me.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No, man, I let people decide what I like for me.
I'm assuming you play a bunch of Minecraft then.

But to be kinda serious, I don't conform to the demands of the popular majority. I'm not "mainstream".
I very much prefer my own options thank you very much.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If I conformed, I'd probably be playing more than just Nintendo.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If I conformed, I'd probably be playing more than just Nintendo.
If I do someday (and knowing me I might) switch. I'd probably go to Sony.
Sure, they aren't perfect. But I find their selection better than Microsoft IMO (mostly due to Katamari, cause Katamari).

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I play whatever I like and not based on what other people play. Because I don't give a **** what other people play or what thye think of the games I play.

Some of the games I like are popular ones with rather big, or had big, fan bases. And others are nes that aren't as know and/or underrated. And others that fall in the middle.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I will never understand people who try and limit themselves to a brand or company
There's a simple answer in my case.

Nintendo is honestly the only company I'm really interested in in terms of game selection.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
For me, it's 90% nintendo and 10% indie games. I like innovation and creativity and Nintendo are the one that takes the most risk to make creative content (doesn't have to sell as long as it bring something I wouldn't tough or push something further, I'm good) indie games are mostly for creativity it's basically Nintendo but in a different way of seeing. I can't tell any opinion on sony but I can say that I hate microsof (lot of reason: preventing rare to innovate, stealing ideas and uses imoral marketing strategies (heard about machina getting paid for marketing).

I'm worried on how the industry will turn out like yes cod sells but until when it will stop?

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Honestly, for anyone well-versed in gaming history or just old enough to remember, this is just like the hardware crashes during the 70's and the software crash of the 80's; Nintendo's thinking ahead for the future is going to help them stay afloat, just like during the 80's when Mario and Donkey Kong saved gaming.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly, for anyone well-versed in gaming history or just old enough to remember, this is just like the hardware crashes during the 70's and the software crash of the 80's; Nintendo's thinking ahead for the future is going to help them stay afloat, just like during the 80's when Mario and Donkey Kong saved gaming.
The video game crash was because the market was over saturated with low quality games, because a bunch of people were just producing crap in their basement and selling it

Also ET

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
How the hell is paying Machinima to advertise their stuff imoral? Like wtf. That doesn't fit the morality bill at all.
I should have said imo because I'm only talking about me but I just hate how you can do everything with money. For me, I like when a person deserves to have it but by giving money to machinima to get more money in return is just something I don't like because you give money so that people tells opinion that are intentionally biased to make money by selling your console.

If this doesn't make sense to you just think about rare my problem isn't that microsoft bought them actually, rare tough that it wouldn't change their way of making game and I would be fine with that. But preventing them from doing what they wanted is seriously selfish. It just shows that they only wanted to buy them to remove it from nintendo but let's be honest here: if they are ok to spent tons of money to kill series of game to make their own like why don't you just tries to learn from them instead of killing them? I know that buisness = make money but that doesn't prevent me from disliking how some companies turn out.

btw this is just imo IT IS NOT FACTS but interpretation of them.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
"TheDivineDeity is my hubby. -DeviantArtYouTube" Dat signature....

Anyways, I agree that Nintendo DO need to think ahead of the future to keep them afloat since they don't need to wind up like Sega. Sony does have a lot in the bank, but their non-gaming products like TV's are getting much worse in the sales compartment. As for Microsoft, they'll never die since they practically own everything (even our Internet software).

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I need to share this video; it's really informative and it describes why some games are underrated like I just want to know what do you think about this? do you tend to follow the majority or have your own tastes? (I myself tend to have my own one which explains why there's so many underrated games I love)

That point on the wii u's sales is pretty damn good actually. We should tweet this to Nintendo!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
He fails to mention that the leak was put out AFTER the characters were revealed. Which actually hurts it's rep quite a bit.

He also makes Megaman seem like an odd ball choice. When he is one of only 2 newcomers that seemed likely at first.

I honestly don't see how it would be easy to mistake Rosalina for a blue Peach as there are some pretty obvious differences in appearance.

Among other things.

2/10 video. Tries to come off as intelligent but fails at it.
Honestly Rosalina and Peach don't look anything alike.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I should have said imo because I'm only talking about me but I just hate how you can do everything with money. For me, I like when a person deserves to have it but by giving money to machinima to get more money in return is just something I don't like because you give money so that people tells opinion that are intentionally biased to make money by selling your console.
I'll let this slide. Despite how much I vehemently disagree with it.

I will just say that many businesses do such tactic. I wouldn't even be surprised if Nintendo did it once upon a time. To sell your products you need to advertise it. Advertising in general costs money. All MS did with Machinima was go an extra step in that.

If this doesn't make sense to you just think about rare my problem isn't that microsoft bought them actually, rare tough that it wouldn't change their way of making game and I would be fine with that. But preventing them from doing what they wanted is seriously selfish. It just shows that they only wanted to buy them to remove it from nintendo but let's be honest here: if they are ok to spent tons of money to kill series of game to make their own like why don't you just tries to learn from them instead of killing them? I know that buisness = make money but that doesn't prevent me from disliking how some companies turn out.
This however has factual error to it.

Nintendo owned 49% of Rare. Microsoft bought it from Nintendo, along with the rest of Rare. For 375 million bucks. That is quite a hefty sum. Nintendo willingly sold their share of the company to them, basically.

Rare also still made games on the GBA after this, because MS wasn't in the handheld console department. They also released a Conker game on the Xbox along with other games. They even released a Banjo-Kazooie game in 2008.

The thing is. The games didn't sell all that well. And because of that they restructured the studio. Now Rare focuses on Kinect games.

btw this is just imo IT IS NOT FACTS but interpretation of them.
That's all fine and dandy. Until your interpretations have factual errors from the facts.[/quote][/quote]

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still don't see how people even stand pewdiepie, let alone enjoy him

And crap games like Flappy bird

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
As far as that Game Theory thing goes: The majority of people here seem to declaim the fact that they 'follow the wave' in gaming... could this be a product of the majority of us being Nintendo fans? I mean, Nintendo seems to innovate, so we consider ourselves innovators as well maybe?

In any case, this is very interesting.

#TeamSpicy

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just do what I want

I actually don't have any friends that really play video games

Except occasionally shooters on XBOX

Zanvel

Smash Cadet
I..uh...well...

...WOW...

Welp, sorry to say this, but now I can REALLY see Miis showing up for Smash 4.

But...Seriously, what the hell just happened? O_o

#SamusXIwataOTPMacGTFO
Ikr, Reggie and Iwata are just hilarious in this video.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I still don't see how people even stand pewdiepie, let alone enjoy him
Well, mind you the majority of his fanbase are ten year olds that still find Over 9000 hilarious.
That, and apparently watching some immature idiot scream for ten minutes is amusing. Don't know why, but it is I guess.

And crap games like Flappy bird
That I don't know. Guess people really like time-wasters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They all called me crazy when I said the miis would be in smash, but who's laughing now? Oh yeah that's right Iwata because he stole ZSS from everyone and made sure the miis were in this.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
They all called me crazy when I said the miis would be in smash, but who's laughing now? Oh yeah that's right Iwata because he stole ZSS from everyone and made sure the miis were in this.
XD... If I didn't already love my sig, I'd put this post there. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom