• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace

I made a gif for the part I was talking about.
Either Bowser has:
  • Super armor when doing jabs.
  • Invincibility on light projectiles (Mega Buster, Lasers, Arrows etc...)
  • He has a back shield.

Thoughts?
I'd go with super armour when someone hits his back, whatever it is it helps him a lot. Glad to see megaman's buster being able to flinch too.

Last edited:

Snowfin

Smash Cadet
Man... i am so hyped for this game but the Direct with so much gameplay footage kind of made me nervous... characters seem to be recovering way too fast from hitstun... AGAIN...

In the direct we can also see that characters are able to perform actions AFTER air dodging, like in Brawl, i dont think thats terrible, but i REALLY hope hit stun is bigger than in brawl... we need combos.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Actually, no, I'm thinking it's more of combination of Mega Man's uncharged buster shots and Bowser's very light armour causing him not to flinch, rather than just Bowser.
Well other character's have been shown to flinch when hit with the buster. I don't think the buster is chargable outside of the side smash. They are Mega Man's neutral A and tilt attacks are they not?

But yeah, it does seem like Bowser has some sort of light armor; We just don't know if it is a shell property or the fact that it is just a property he has overall. I just hope it's effective against people like Falco whose lasers typically makes characters flinch as well.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I've been nice. Before this. Kind of hard to be nice when they think that their opinions are fact. (Which they have said in some comments)

It's not even trolling either when I'm actually providing evidence of times where they've done what I said. I'm criticizing them. But I'm not going to troll them. If I was trolling then I'd be harassing them non-stop. Which I'm not. It's not butt hurt either. But some people can't tell the difference because I don't play nice.

This is literally the first video I commented on since the video where they brought in the "Smash-O-Meter" to say Knuckles has 100% chance at being playable for some reason.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well other character's have been shown to flinch when hit with the buster. I don't think the buster is chargable outside of the side smash. They are Mega Man's neutral A and tilt attacks are they not?

But yeah, it does seem like Bowser has some sort of light armor; We just don't know if it is a shell property or the fact that it is just a property he has overall. I just hope it's effective against people like Falco whose lasers typically makes characters flinch as well.
I like the changes they're making to Bowser.
What irony would it be if Bowser went from bottom tier to top tier by standing up straight?

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I'd go with super armour when someone hits his back, whatever it is it helps him a lot. Glad to see megaman's buster being able to flinch too.
If the new Bowser is as strong as they say, a good Bowser player back jumping towards some fools could be a legimately scary approach for players relying on a strong projectile game.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
ALL HAIL THE VIRTUAL BOY!!!!!!!!
All hail the vurtual boy.gif

This needs to be a meme. NOW.

If the new Bowser is as strong as they say, a good Bowser player back jumping towards some fools could be a legimately scary approach for players relying on a strong projectile game.
The new armor on Bowser helps too. Fox is gonna have one HECK of a time....

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Virtual Boy religion = Satanic cult.

But really, I don't mind the VB other than the strain on the eyes, though. And it was released on my birthday... And it had some cool games like Wario Land VB.

----

Last edited:

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Hey I was wondering. Are wake off stages banned purely due to chain grabbing with characters like Dedede? Or is there another reason for it?
Because I'm wondering if flat stages with walk offs will be allowed in Smash 4 if chain grabbing isn't a thing.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hey I was wondering. Are wake off stages banned purely due to chain grabbing with characters like Dedede? Or is there another reason for it?
Because I'm wondering if flat stages with walk offs will be allowed in Smash 4 if chain grabbing isn't a thing.
Well, walk-off stages tend to change the whole dynamic of the gameplay so that is why they're banned.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No. It doesn't. What memetic potential does it have? For something to be a meme, it has to change in some way as it's passed along. An animated clip of some Tomadachi direct will never be a meme.
What?! You mean you don't believe in the Virtual Boy?!
ARREST THE MAN! HE'S A BLASPHEMER!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What?! You mean you don't believe in the Virtual Boy?!
ARREST THE MAN! HE'S A BLASPHEMER!
He's got a point, though. At first I didn't understand what he meant, but if you compare it to real memes, it makes sense.
Now Virtual Boy as a concept could be a meme, but it isn't really that funny by itself.
It doesn't have the absurdity of, say, the Helix Fossil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom