• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I don't think the hate for them is justified. It is an excuse to make Zero suit Samus more powerful, while also getting fan-service.

I mean really, it is such a tiny thing, and yet people are going on and on about how it apparently ruins her character. I just don't get it. :/
I like how when Samus got punched in the kidney by Mac, people were complaining that it made Samus look like a weak female character.

Then they give ZSS jet boots (which is what Sakurai called them) which make her more powerful, and now there's an entirely different "issue" with her now.

The people complaining about Samus just have no idea what they want.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Mind you, not everyone is into fanservice. And some consider it "pointless".
So it's not too out of the ballpark to express distaste.
The problem comes into the fact that it is a subtle kind of fan-service instead of a in your face one.

It's not, Samus only wears a bikini.

If I didn't watch the direct I probably wouldn't have noticed the heels.

And it isn't really pointless, it justifies her increased attack power and some move changes.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Plus, why complain about Samus wearing heels?

Peach has been wearing heels in Smash Bros. since 2001, and nobody complains about that.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Plus, why complain about Samus wearing heels?

Peach has been wearing heels in Smash Bros. since 2001, and nobody complains about that.
Well, Peach is supposed to be a stereotypical girly princess, so she should look pretty, high heels and all. Samus is not this, nor is THIS Zelda(who I believe should have a shorter dress).

Hmm... would it be out there if Sakurai decided to retcon something in SSB4? Like say, remove an assist character, replace him/her/it for another character, and used previous character for something else?

Remove Goroh, use a different character for the same function, and used Goroh for something else, or something another.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Just thought I'd throw this out here.

Anyone else notice the texture on the plushie? It is so realistic it almost looks... out of place.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Anyone else notice the texture on the plushie? It is so realistic it almost looks... out of place.
Other than the mouth and shoulders, it's one of the most believable looking objects I've seen in any game, ever. The soft texture and light, though they don't match the bold color theme of the rest of the game, really bring it to life.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Just thought I'd throw this out here.

I stared at that picture for like 5 minutes the other day. I thought it was Photoshopped.....

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Those graphics on the plushie are truly brilliant. It's rare you see graphics that realistic.

So I started playing Team Fortress 2 for the first time yesterday.

Why haven't I tried this game sooner?! It's freaking awesome!

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
So I started playing Team Fortress 2 for the first time yesterday.

Why haven't I tried this game sooner?! It's freaking awesome!
Yeah, it's a really good game with a lot of personality. To me, the game used to be even better when there were meaningful choices to your load-out. This was back before the Sniper/Spy update. Sure, the Pyro sucked, but it wasn't a cluster**** with multitudes of rock-paper-scissors match-ups and a lot of variations of the same item. If you haven't played any other Valve games, check out Left 4 Dead 2.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I don't know why, but the Substitute plush being one of the most realistic looking things in the game is really funny to me. :laugh:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
She doesn't even really walk on the heel. She moves more on the balls of her feet and seems to use the heel to stabalize hard landings/secondary rocket.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Some people, like me, just don't care for high heels, in general, and find them stupid. :L
Poor Samus. She'll have to retire from bounty hunting by the age of 40 because her feet will be ruined. Ridley simply has to bide his time.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
She doesn't even really walk on the heel. She moves more on the balls of her feet and seems to use the heel to stabalize hard landings/secondary rocket.
So they are kind of like Chell's spring heels in Portal?

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
They still look like high heels. :L
I'm not argueing that. But I watched her feet for about 30 minutes and came to the conclusion the design and animation are all deliberate. High heels or not, someone thought out how to justify them

Look closely and you can even see the boots flex with her feet.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
just got finish watching one of there analysis aand made ponder a bit on some of those things they said i just hope character roster continue to be looking fine

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm late to this, but I see nothing wrong with Samus having jet boots. Ppl are just picky. Honestly, I love her look and style.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's a really good game with a lot of personality. To me, the game used to be even better when there were meaningful choices to your load-out. This was back before the Sniper/Spy update. Sure, the Pyro sucked, but it wasn't a cluster**** with multitudes of rock-paper-scissors match-ups and a lot of variations of the same item. If you haven't played any other Valve games, check out Left 4 Dead 2.
I love TF2 just because I really feel it like if it were a smash bros version of a shooter. I mean when you main character in SSB and then you use somebody else, it feels like a new game for me (but with the same mechanics). TF2 it's like that for me, when you change class, It's a another game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm late to this, but I see nothing wrong with Samus having jet boots. Ppl are just picky. Honestly, I love her look and style.
I would agree that it's not really that big of a deal. I guess they stick out a little bit, but it's not terrible. I don't think the whole jet thing really bothers people, it's that they look like high-heels. Which likely gets people annoyed for a variety of reasons.

Speaking of Valve.
How 'bout dat Half Life 34?
Did you sacrifice your dog? I hear doing that makes the game come out a week faster with each slaying. Otherwise you'd have to wait a whole 20 years in order to fulfill the dark ritual.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Valve/TF2, new question:
Would you like to have a TF2-like system for Smash4? With those custom specials being random drops, the actual game being F2P (and, in this case a even better system seller), microtransactions for hats/stuff to make your character look different "I just got this Mario cap for Sonic", with a trade system, etc.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Speaking of Valve/TF2, new question:
Would you like to have a TF2-like system for Smash4? With those custom specials being random drops, the actual game being F2P (and, in this case a even better system seller), microtransactions for hats/stuff to make your character look different "I just got this Mario cap for Sonic", with a trade system, etc.
No, please no.
The last thing I want in Smash is microtransactions.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm not argueing that. But I watched her feet for about 30 minutes and came to the conclusion the design and animation are all deliberate. High heels or not, someone thought out how to justify them

Look closely and you can even see the boots flex with her feet.
I don't care how they function. I just dislike the design of high heels, whether the design is justified or not. :L

Besides. I would argue the fan service she has lies in the breast enhancement she received. :laugh:

Who wishes Sakurai finally makes Falco's down special not suck like at brawl?
It didn't suck in Brawl. It just had different uses from Melee.

http://smashboards.com/threads/all-...lcos-shine-reflector-updated-24th-nov.145900/

It's a bit old. But should get the picture across. For something shorter though;

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-falco-essentials.298220/

You can still change (or keep) aerial momentum when using this attack in the air. There is a about a 50% chance of tripping your opponent if this hits. The hitbox is the smallest of the hexagons and only hits going outward, not inward. It can be used to hit through walls. All of the hexagons will reflect as long as they are visible, including the first and last few frames of the attack (which cover behind him). Reflected projectiles do 1.5x damage. If your opponent's attack can reach you before the reflector reaches them, your attack will be canceled.
Short Hop reflector works great as a low level anti-air
It can give platform campers a lot of problems.
Works great for edge-stalling (somewhat risky, but it's an option for punishing people who commit in their edge-trapping)
Works great for edge-guarding high recoveries that are out of range of B-air
Can be used for edge-trapping (although F-smash and B-air usually works better)
EDIT - Heck. Watch DEHF play. He puts the reflector to some good use when on the ledge.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
does anyone have that Video where that guy was determining what stages was banned?

I can't seem to find it. ;_;

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Apologies for the late reply, I had quite a bit of stuff going on today.

I own Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead 2, but I haven't really got around to playing the latter. I also really want to try out the Half-Life games, I've seen footage of them and they look really interesting.

Valve's games in general have quite a lot of personality and fantastic gameplay. Several of my friends got hooked on Portal 2 a few months back, and they usually don't care much for puzzle games.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Is that it?
The end of the video said Verdict: No Stages.

What about the WiiU portion, where there were neutrals and counter-picks with minimal bans? I heavily doubt the 3DS version will be highly competitive anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom