• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Sakurai played with my feelings way too much.

ZSS not making the cut and then turning around to say "Just kidding!"

The back of Palutena's head only to reveal Pseudo Palutena- HE FREAKING KNOWS. He's been teasing use Kid Icarus fans for too long! Stop him! D:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Mewtwo!

False alarm, it's just a Sheik clone and Ivy and Squirt are deconfirmed. :(

Also, is it just me, or did the site go down from traffic overload?

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Samurai Goroh Reaction:
Ouch!

Ridley Reaction:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! IT STINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Pseudo Palutena + Three Treasures reaction:
YES! PALUTENA'S GONNA BE REVEALED!!!

Phantom Zelda Reaction:

Ooooh......

Zero Suit Samus Reaction:
Badass-o-meter: 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

Sheik Reaction:
But, wait...so what's gonna happen to Pokemon Trainer?

Charizard Reaction:
Are you F*CKING kidding me!?!?

Greninja Silhouette Reaction:
YES! MEWTWO FINALLY!

Greninja's Shuriken Reaction:

......Tabuu?

Greninja Reaction:
imagess.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Renji64

Smash Lord
This Direct lived up to the hype this game is shaping up nicely and it even has me convinced it is gonna epic this might bring people together. I saw that for gorly online mode i almost shead a tear.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Having the 3DS version come out first is a very strange move. The Wii U version just won't have the same impact when we know exactly how the newcomers will play.

I thoroughly regret picking Froakie. When the game was announced everybody seemed to want Fennekin. I thought I'd be unique and pick Froakie. So I was very surprised to go online and find that almost every team consisted of: Mega Charizard X/Gengar, Xerneas and Greninja.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
A bunch of people in my school's community center watched it at the same time. We all freaked out at everything. In a good way.
Oh my greninja. That was great news. All of it was great news.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So I just got done watching the video now.

It was quite an impressive video, I must say.

Much new info on the game. It's looking like this is going to be the best Smash game yet.

I wonder how many people are butthurt over it now.

Given that transformations are gone now, I don't see P Trainer coming back. So it makes sense to have Charizard be the one to return, given his massive possibility. Greninja was ****ing awesome. I laughed so ****ing hard when I saw that. Oh man. Good job Sakurai. Yoshi looks even more adorable. ZSS new design I'm kinda iffy on. Zelda's new Dspecial is intriguing, I was rather surprised it ended up being a move and not an Assist. I will not be touching Olimar with a 10 foot pole, for the same reasons I won't touch him in PM.

Online mode is going to be awesome. I love the Final Destination only no items thing. All it is missing is Fox only. FD also looks ****ing gorgeous.

Overall this was a great direct. And to all the people butthurt over it.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Le badass ninja frog.

I'm both sad about Pokemon Trainer most likley being cut, yet super hyped and excited about Greninja.

This...is what it feels like when one of your favorite characters gets in Smash.

If Sceptile or Grovyle had been revealed as a third Pokemon in the trailer...

-----

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
If the 3ds version is coming out soon, does that mean we have all characters confirmed for the Wii U version early?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Ate supper, came back and finished the stream late.

WOW, I was not expecting any of that, haha. Yoshi was the only person I guessed correctly, wasn't expecting Zamus, Sheik, Charizard, and especially Greninja. On the note of Greninja:

• Sakurai shows Pokeball mon: "Don''t you dare show Hawlucha... Yay, Hawlucha still has a chance!"
  • Video starts: "Please be Shulk, please be Shulk, please be Shu-
  • Shows Pokemon: "YESSSSS, HAWLUCHA UP IN HURRR!"
  • Charizard "reveal": "WHAAAAA!"
  • Mewtwo sillhouette; "oh, Oh, OH OH OH OH! Mewtwo! Awesome!"
  • Water Attack: "Wait, is that Greni-"
  • Greninja reveal: "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *Big grin* I really wanted Hawlucha, but this is still sweet."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If the 3ds version is coming out soon, does that mean we have all characters confirmed for the Wii U version early?
Not yet, perhaps. We'll clearly have 'em all confirmed after we play the 3DS version. I'll miss transformations. But eh, life.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Le badass ninja frog.

I'm both sad about Pokemon Trainer most likley being cut, yet super hyped and excited about Greninja.

This...is what it feels like when one of your favorite characters gets in Smash.

If Sceptile or Grovyle had been revealed as a third Pokemon in the trailer...

-----
Ken Sugimori messed the right foot of Peach up... o.O

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
I really like how there's final destination forms of stages. That's tight.
Pretty happy with the way things turned out. Sucks about Ridley, but whatever I'm over it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, I really didn't expect Elecman to be the assist Trophy for Megaman at all. So that was a neat surprise. I was really hoping to see Bass though.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Alright. Victini deconfirmed. It finally happened. I'm happy it finally happened because now I can finally stop hoping for newcomers. I guess that's the positive side of it.... Well, at least I got Lucario.

Still, that was an awesome reveal. Greninja is defiantly gonna be my side dish. Him, Charizard, & Bowser.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did anyone notice Greninja's final smash at the very end? Looks pretty bad***.
Yeah it was pretty killer. I don't think anyone knows how happy I am that Samus and Zero Suit Samus are separate characters now. It's going to feel real good using the Zero Laser without being forced to switch into another character.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Sigh...

Ridley...I say farewell....
Mewtwo...eh..there's still a chance...
Ganondorf is gonna return for sure....
Looks like it's just Snake then...atleast I hope so...

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Oh Sakurai you b****d, I can't decide if I hate your guts or think your a genius.

Well played. Well played indeed.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think King K. Rool and Palutena fair a good chance now from what I've seen
I'm optimistic that the Miis won't be in the game!

Sheik could of easily been Impa now that she is separate from Zelda.

Things look bad for Ridley.

Ugh...I gotta wait until WINTER! :urg: I am almost tempted to get the 3Ds version now

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
So...am I the only one who noticed Mario's insane air mobility, twice? Once, during the MM preview, he had Jigglypuff-like movement.

Then during the Rosalina preview he double jumped after a cape and changed his momentum instantly, he had like, running jump speed. More than usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs&t=24m19s

Check out the second thing at 24mins 19 secs. That's strange.

Last edited:

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
I recall Someone on smashboards that had a sig with Greninja for smash 4. Whoever that guy was, You are the man!!!

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
I think King K. Rool and Palutena fair a good chance now from what I've seen
I'm optimistic that the Miis won't be in the game!

Sheik could of easily been Impa now that she is separate from Zelda.

Things look bad for Ridley.

Ugh...I gotta wait until WINTER! :urg: I am almost tempted to get the 3Ds version now
Oh yeah Palutena's still got a great chance imo. I totally fell for the fake out trophy thing for those couple seconds.

Pretty sure I'm going to upgrade to the 3dsXL now. No way I can resist smash until winter. The regular ds cramps my hands up anyway.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If the Mario series has 5 characters, and assuming Ganondorf returns (Which I have no doubt he will), making the the Legend of Zelda has 5 too with Link, Zelda, Toon and Shiek. I'm sure Pokémon can have 5 too.

It's a toss up from Jigglypuff and Mewtwo take your picks. I think Jiggs might edge him out on seniority alone.

This is assuming that there even is a 5 character limit.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*walks into Smashboards*

*gets buried in salt*

Aside from Ridley's chances taking a nosedive and a billion and a half characters getting disconfirmed, that was awesome. That was probably the best Nintendo Direct ever released and yet there's still a ton of stuff we still don't know. Welp, only two months until E3.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Yea two of the most overated pokemon starters of X/Y are playable, kinda makes sense. Just hoping that mega lucario/charizard X are more like pseudo-transformations/alts rather than final smash gimmicks. That would at least make up for the Mewtwo/Ridley/Paleutena BS.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

Words can't even tell you how much i love this but i kinda wish it kept platforms as well for stages.
Man, Wii U FD looks amazeballs. That dual-sun backdrop is the stuff of dreams. :love:

Though I'd imagine that the whole FD-Only thing extends to all stages, seeing as there is now the FD-ize option for all stages. So there will likely at least be some variety, if not in layout, then at least in locale.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If the Mario series has 5 characters, and assuming Ganondorf returns (Which I have no doubt he will), making the the Legend of Zelda has 5 too with Link, Zelda, Toon and Shiek. I'm sure Pokémon can have 5 too.

It's a toss up from Jigglypuff and Mewtwo take your picks. I think Jiggs might edge him out on seniority alone.
We need to see what Ganon has to offer this time around. He was the only Zelda character I was really itching to see how he was changed.

Man, Wii U FD looks amazeballs. That dual-sun backdrop is the stuff of dreams. :love:

Though I'd imagine that the whole FD-Only thing extends to all stages, seeing as there is now the FD-ize option for all stages. So there will likely at least be some variety, if not in layout, then at least in locale.
Yeah, Having a Final Destination version of every stage is freaking awesome. Probably one of the best things they could have done too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ben totally knows what Gwen's favorite type of flower is

He is so into her

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hey Smash 4 roster speculators, you guys feel dumb yet? :troll:

Everyone looks insanely powerful and exciting, so don't sweat who gets in or who doesn't. ;)

Having the 3DS version come out first is a very strange move. The Wii U version just won't have the same impact when we know exactly how the newcomers will play.
The Wii U version is kind of the MAIN version, so it's not surprising really. The 3DS exists sort of to add that connectivity aspect to it (and I suppose to just have a version that can just be played everywhere), so understandably it doesn't receive the main amount of attention. Not to mention, the Wii U game is in drop dead sexy HD.

:love:

Those custom specials tho...
Mario's Fire Balls, one of the least interesting specials of all time, suddenly became insanely cool. I seriously cannot get more pumped for this game, there's no way I won't enjoy it the most out of the four.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
was pretty good except the strange add of charizard and greninja but i'll learn to coax with it seeing how well it's coming along plus i'm sure that's not it only thing is i'm still hoping tetra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom